Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Official thread for everyone's Colorado State travel and lodging plans  (Read 12415 times)

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
Rock on.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/colorado-state-kickoff-time-tv-network-announced/

PS.  It's 6:30 pm CT and CBS Sports Network.

Arkansas’ game against Colorado State on Sept. 8 in Fort Collins, Colorado, will kick off at 6:30 p.m. CT and will be televised live on CBS Sports Network, announced Tuesday by the Mountain West Conference.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 06:54:56 PM by Law_Hawg »

Online Law_Hawg

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Colorado State game TV time and etc set.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 03:49:57 PM »

There's a channel we don't show up on often. 

Offline uagrad2007

• A Shoat

Offline Boar Bidet

• King of the Hogs
  • Formerly known as Swahili Steve
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 04:27:15 PM »
Good...that’s a lot of tailgate time.

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 04:28:40 PM »

Speaking of which, why don't you research some tailgating spots in and around campus and set something up? 

Offline Boar Bidet

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 04:37:06 PM »
Speaking of which, why don't you research some tailgating spots in and around campus and set something up?
i can ask my boss who used to run the Sig Ep tailgates until this year. But I don’t know shit about CSU or where folks tailgate up there. But I’ll ask tomorrow

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 04:42:32 PM »
i can ask my boss who used to run the Sig Ep tailgates until this year. But I don’t know shit about CSU or where folks tailgate up there. But I’ll ask tomorrow

Hell if I knew anything about Alabama or LSU or Auburn or Florida or Tennessee but I set up hugh jazz tailgates at all those places over the years for people to gather at.  I trust you can contact the right people or find some CSU grads who know a thing or two about it.  You're only 60 miles away.  Or whatever.

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 09:31:44 PM »

Maybe you can serve shitty chicken tenders and queso.

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 09:15:12 AM »
Well, there's this I received from the ticket office at CSU:

Hi Rick,

We are excited to have you and your friends attend the game in September! Unfortunately, all of our on campus tailgating lots are sold out on a season basis. The day-of-game lot off of Prospect Road does not allow tailgating, and is just solely for parking. If you are looking to tailgate, we suggest finding a lot off of campus where you could set up your tailgate.

We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to hosting Arkansas in the fall!

Thanks, and Go Rams!

Offline Boar Bidet

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 09:21:20 AM »
Well, there's this I received from the ticket office at CSU:

Hi Rick,

We are excited to have you and your friends attend the game in September! Unfortunately, all of our on campus tailgating lots are sold out on a season basis. The day-of-game lot off of Prospect Road does not allow tailgating, and is just solely for parking. If you are looking to tailgate, we suggest finding a lot off of campus where you could set up your tailgate.

We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to hosting Arkansas in the fall!

Thanks, and Go Rams!

that fucking sucks. Now what?

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 09:22:55 AM »
We find a lot off campus.  Easy peasee, japaneezy.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 09:27:18 AM »
that fucking sucks. Now what?

Looks like you're running point on this now.

Good luck. We're all counting on you.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 09:30:26 AM »
Looks like you're running point on this now.

Good luck. We're all counting on you.

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 09:31:35 AM »
We just need to find a spot in the red area.  The yellow area is campus.  The stadium doesn't show up in the satellite view because it just was finished being built last year.  I circled where it is. 

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 09:31:43 AM »
Unfortunately, all of our on campus tailgating lots are sold out on a season basis.

How many do they have, like 2?  CSU can't have that many season ticket holders. 

And it's nice to see a school be strict on tailgating in a state that lets you smoke pot anywhere you want.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 09:31:53 AM »
It is a long shot; but, I worked with a CSU graduate a couple of years ago.  He has moved on.  I will try to contact him and pick his brain.  How many  WOOPIGGERS will be there?  12 or so?

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2018, 09:38:21 AM »
It is a long shot; but, I worked with a CSU graduate a couple of years ago.  He has moved on.  I will try to contact him and pick his brain.  How many  WOOPIGGERS will be there?  12 or so?

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2018, 09:39:27 AM »
Hopefully, he knows someone who owns a farm close to the stadium.

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2018, 09:40:12 AM »
How many do they have, like 2?  CSU can't have that many season ticket holders. 

And it's nice to see a school be strict on tailgating in a state that lets you smoke pot anywhere you want.

More than 2.

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2018, 09:44:41 AM »
Boy, I tell you what.  That Rite-Aid parking lot sure looks mighty fine.  Simular to the Chick-Fil-A area and south of that on Razorback Road in Fayetteville.  I'm sure CSU regs probably tailgate there like the Hog fans do in the aforementioned area.  But, they're probably not diehard like we are and I bet we could beat them to their own spot.  :D

Offline Boar Bidet

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2018, 10:00:04 AM »
My boss is out today but he used to have a couple of tailgate spots and might have some suggestions.  I’d  say ring up our Denver chapter president but he doesn’t even show up to alumni stuff or do shit for our chapter.

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2018, 10:08:43 AM »
O.K.  I don't know if this will be of any help; but, I just got off the phone with the CSA grad.  Apparently, the stadium is new since he was there.  The old stadium was outside of town.  With the new stadium on the campus, it is harder for him to give recommendations.  He suggested that you look at the area north of the stadium near the lagoon shown on the map.  He also said you need to look at Google for R & D spaces south of the stadium along Center Avenue.  They usually have large parking areas and are closed on the weekends.  Apparently, there is a New Belgium Beer Garden somewhere near the intramural fields, a bar in the stadium, and a bar in the student union.

Apparently, there is outstanding public transit buses that roll up and down all the main roadways.  He suggested that the real key is to get there early.  I suspect that will not be a problem with Hog Fans.   :beer: 

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2018, 10:10:49 AM »
The stadium is brand new. Just opened last season.

From what I can tell, they're really pushing public transport into the stadium area.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Boar Bidet

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2018, 10:14:25 AM »
O.K.  I don't know if this will be of any help; but, I just got off the phone with the CSA grad.  Apparently, the stadium is new since he was there.  The old stadium was outside of town.  With the new stadium on the campus, it is harder for him to give recommendations.  He suggested that you look at the area north of the stadium near the lagoon shown on the map.  He also said you need to look at Google for R & D spaces south of the stadium along Center Avenue.  They usually have large parking areas and are closed on the weekends.  Apparently, there is a New Belgium Beer Garden somewhere near the intramural fields, a bar in the stadium, and a bar in the student union.

Apparently, there is outstanding public transit buses that roll up and down all the main roadways.  He suggested that the real key is to get there early.  I suspect that will not be a problem with Hog Fans.   :beer:
I believe the old town district is also just north of the stadium.

Offline CardiacHOG

• Tush Hog
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2018, 10:27:57 AM »

Raisin snacks and I will be there