Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: D2 Baseball Tournament  (Read 627 times)

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
D2 Baseball Tournament
« on: May 14, 2018, 11:40:19 AM »
https://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/external/gametool/brackets/baseball_d2_2018.pdf

SAU is the 1 seed in the Central Region. Why are some regionals 6 teams, some 7, some 8? I have no idea.

Offline BrandonN004

• Wild Hog
  • Billy Mays For President?
Re: D2 Baseball Tournament
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 12:23:53 PM »
Looks like there's a big advantage to hosting that 7 team regional,  that' s just weird, at the very least make one of the eights a seven team regional and then you don't have the one rando six team regional.

Offline Sweet River Baines

• Boar
  • Never tell me the odds...
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 01:12:28 PM »
The Blossom Festival and World Championship Steak Cookoff is also in Magnolia this weekend. Flying Burger's going to make a shitload of money this weekend...

« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 01:16:27 PM by Sweet River Baines »
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 01:56:24 PM »
I think D2 keeps conferences/schools separated by region and different regions probably have differing numbers of "slots" available in the tournament.
Just my guess.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Buhleedat

• Wild Hog
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 03:49:39 PM »
https://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/external/gametool/brackets/baseball_d2_2018.pdf

SAU is the 1 seed in the Central Region. Why are some regionals 6 teams, some 7, some 8? I have no idea.
My alma mater always fields a solid baseball squad.  Here's to hoping they kick some ass in the tournament  :beer:

Offline Buhleedat

• Wild Hog
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 09:12:28 PM »
#1 SAU is 4-1 in the tournament and play Augustana University (#4 seed) tomorrow for the title.  Then on to DII World Series.