Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: UA kowtows to LR...Mizzou moves to WMS  (Read 9708 times)

Offline Law_Hawg

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
  • King of the Hogs
Re: UA kowtows to LR...Mizzou moves to WMS
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2018, 10:48:31 AM »
i agree...but why doesn’t the city pimp out this as a concert venue more often to bank? It seems it would help with upkeep. But hey they put a new roof on the amp and we still don’t utilize that venue enough.

WMS is owned by the State, not the City.

You're confusing your inefficient governmental entities. 

Offline Boar Bidet

• King of the Hogs
  • Formerly known as Swahili Steve
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2018, 10:48:54 AM »

WMS is owned by the State, not the City.

You're confusing your inefficient governmental entities.
my bad.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2018, 10:49:26 AM »
There is always the hope that Mizzou will find the conditions at WMS so horrific and traumatic for their snowflakes that they refuse to take the field and we get a forfeit.

Are you kidding?  Missouri players will think they've died and gone to heaven by comparison.

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2018, 11:20:18 AM »

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2018, 12:09:46 PM »
Are you kidding?  Missouri players will think they've died and gone to heaven by comparison.
Well, until they get their expansion done.

http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-missouri/article169330122.html#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

Did Jeff long give them tips?

It will include 16 new suites, a 750-person field-level club similar to the Dallas Cowboys’ at AT&T Stadium, a 1,254-seat indoor club area and 1,324 general admission seats plus some standing-room only sections to replace the current 10,800 general-admission seats.

Despite an 8 percent reduction in Memorial Stadium’s capacity, from 71,004 to roughly 65,000, school officials project a net revenue increase of approximately $4.5 million from the new premium options for attendance. The current general-admission seats generate $1.5 million, but Sterk told the Board he expects the new seating options to create “in excess of $6 million” in revenue.

Online VegasHog

• Boar
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2018, 12:34:02 PM »
that's how it's done nowadays - premium seating.
people tend to get too hung up on the number of seats not realizing that one of those suites bring in the same money as at least a dozen or so regular seats.

Offline Boar Bidet

• King of the Hogs
  • Formerly known as Swahili Steve
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2018, 12:39:56 PM »

But, since you brought it up . . .

A stadium. A park. A plan? War Memorial
a multi purpose park ain’t a bad idea...the zoo probably could be better if it had room to expand as well.

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2018, 12:40:25 PM »
that's how it's done nowadays - premium seating.
people tend to get too hung up on the number of seats not realizing that one of those suites bring in the same money as at least a dozen or so regular seats.
True, but taking 6000 seats away seems a little greedy.

I have no problem adding suits to add revenue,  just seems weird and underhanded to take away seating that was already there.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2018, 12:50:58 PM »
Turn it over to the city.
Level it.
Put in a dramatically smaller multi-sport facility that can host high school football and soccer events easily and efficiently and take up half the space. Surround it with green space that could easily handle separate sports themselves.
Area becomes 10x more useful.
GSD ends.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2018, 01:07:33 PM »

I have no problem adding suits to add revenue,  just seems weird and underhanded to take away seating that was already there.

Greedy? It’s genius. They weren’t selling out anyways and the infrastructure for these suites is already there. It’s like closing in a really nice sunroom on a porch you never used.

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

A very stable genius.

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2018, 01:17:30 PM »

Real revenue comes from TV money.  I bet they'd settle for an empty stadium if it meant the TV revenue doubled. 

Offline hogslobber

• Boar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2018, 01:35:23 PM »
I feel that the damage WMS does to recruiting and not being able host recruits does not get enough attention.

I think the SEC must give the U of A an ok to host the Red White game at an off campus location.

The thing that would stop this quickly is if the conference would become more involved where conference games can be held.

I understand Georgia/Florida and the A/M game in Dallas.

But WMS now affects Missouri since they have been the short straw to have to go play in an environment that is basically 1962.

Offline DirkPiggler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2018, 02:07:39 PM »
I feel that the damage WMS does to recruiting and not being able host recruits does not get enough attention.

Truthfully, this criticism of WMS is overblown. 

We have not used every Fayetteville home game for recruiting purposes in the time since I've been following recruiting (basically since dipshit took over for Ford).  If we were running short on visit opportunities you would have a valid point.  And most recruits aren't taking visits on Thanksgiving weekend anyway, unless they're lucky enough to be invited to the Iron Bowl, Ohio State/Michigan, or some similar rivalry game. 

The only way this really affects us is through lost unofficial visits.  Unless the rules have changed recently, we can host unofficial visitors at one off-campus site per year.   At JerryWorld we can only host in years in which we are the home team.  This could present a problem, as we currently play Missouri and aTm at "home" in the same season.  Hopefully the JerryWorld game will be going away soon, or becoming a non-conference matchup in place of playing aTm there. 

Regarding the lost revenue, people need to think logically about this.  Do you think the powers-that-be at the U of A would bend over backwards to cater to the Little Rock boosters and/or the governor if it wasn't in the school's best financial interest?  Obviously we're giving away ticket revenue by not playing on campus, but will that amount (essentially $2 million per year on average) be offset by preventing lost donations and/or funding cuts?  I honestly don't know if this is the case, but I would hope that someone in the athletic department has done the math on this. 

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2018, 03:00:05 PM »

Let me know when recruits take visits Thanksgiving weekend instead of spending time with their families and/or play in state playoff games.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Wise guy extraordinare. Faded weekly
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2018, 03:49:36 PM »
That this post calls out stupidity is ironicalness at its finest.

::)

"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline CardHog

• Wild Hog
« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2018, 04:06:20 PM »

We have not used every Fayetteville home game for recruiting purposes in the time since I've been following recruiting (basically since dipshit took over for Ford).  If we were running short on visit opportunities you would have a valid point.  And most recruits aren't taking visits on Thanksgiving weekend anyway, unless they're lucky enough to be invited to the Iron Bowl, Ohio State/Michigan, or some similar rivalry game. 

The only way this really affects us is through lost unofficial visits.  Unless the rules have changed recently, we can host unofficial visitors at one off-campus site per year.   At JerryWorld we can only host in years in which we are the home team.  This could present a problem, as we currently play Missouri and aTm at "home" in the same season.  Hopefully the JerryWorld game will be going away soon, or becoming a non-conference matchup in place of playing aTm there. 

Regarding the lost revenue, people need to think logically about this.  Do you think the powers-that-be at the U of A would bend over backwards to cater to the Little Rock boosters and/or the governor if it wasn't in the school's best financial interest?  Obviously we're giving away ticket revenue by not playing on campus, but will that amount (essentially $2 million per year on average) be offset by preventing lost donations and/or funding cuts?  I honestly don't know if this is the case, but I would hope that someone in the athletic department has done the math on this.

It's more than just recruiting visits.   The day after Thanksgiving is the one day of the season we are guaranteed to be on national television and we choose to showcase that shit house to the nation instead of our fine facilities in Fayetteville.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #141 on: May 22, 2018, 04:32:37 PM »
It's more than just recruiting visits.   The day after Thanksgiving is the one day of the season we are guaranteed to be on national television and we choose to showcase that shit house to the nation instead of our fine facilities in Fayetteville.

Who's going to be watching besides Arkansas and Missouri fans?

Online Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2018, 04:38:34 PM »
Who's going to be watching besides Arkansas and Missouri fans?

If I wasn't an Arkansas fan but a college football fan in general, I would probably watch it because I like to sit around the TV on the Friday after Thanksgiving and watch college football, regardless of who's playing.  Kinda like watching the bowl games on 1/1. 

But yeah, you're probably right.  90% of the TV viewers will be us and them.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Likes doing hoodrat stuff with his friends.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2018, 04:54:20 PM »

I agree with all of this for the most part except with the Red-White game being in Little Rock.  That's a time to get kids on your campus to showcase your facilities with some decent weather and instead you have it in LR.  That makes no sense to me at all.  I understand that it was a compromise thing but still it's dumb.

"Lemme guess.. when you shake hands you offer a FIRM grip don't you.. or you think dick size matters? LMMFAO! nobody can do nothing about what your born with, and God gives everyone exactly what they need, your heart is the only thing that matters...Plus, my dicks little, but ask anybody that's kicked it in the sack with me and they'll tell you whats up.."

Offline DirkPiggler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2018, 05:09:24 PM »

I agree with this 100%.  I just hate to see incorrect information thrown out as a talking points.  There are plenty of legitimate reasons not to play in Little Rock. 

I agree with all of this for the most part except with the Red-White game being in Little Rock.  That's a time to get kids on your campus to showcase your facilities with some decent weather and instead you have it in LR.  That makes no sense to me at all.  I understand that it was a compromise thing but still it's dumb.

This is where it could hurt recruiting.  I don't like this part.  Would rather play NLU or some other shit school there during the regular season than move the spring game if we have to compromise in some way. 

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2018, 05:51:45 PM »
We're Arkansas...everything fucks recruiting. We go out of our way to make it harder on ourselves.

The red/white game can work just fine at LR, the instate talent will find it's way there. I think it might have been a bigger hit this past spring had it not been for the weather. It also didn't help that we didn't have enough players to field two teams with complete offense and defenses. It's also a good "dress rehersal" for the season which may pay off. If nothing else it's good spin, the writers just love to wack off thinking about how we prepare to ride the bus or whatever. 

Our baseball program pulls in a lot of fans and excitement on weekends where a lot of universities are pretty much mailing it in. I think we can use that as part of some festive weekend where we get a lot of dudes on campus. One weekend will be more about business and another weekend will be about recrootin. For all we know the first or second scrimmage during the spring may be when they really want to bring in recruits without media attention.

Offline arkansawyer

• A Shoat
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2018, 07:24:34 PM »
Turn it over to the city.
Level it.
Put in a dramatically smaller multi-sport facility that can host high school football and soccer events easily and efficiently and take up half the space. Surround it with green space that could easily handle separate sports themselves.
Area becomes 10x more useful.
GSD ends.

If you did a poll I’d bet 85% of LR would prefer this.

Offline billy_ocean_fan

• Every Ladies Dream...
  • Wild Hog
  • Billy>Pacific>Atlantic
« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2018, 09:08:31 PM »
Let me know when recruits take visits Thanksgiving weekend instead of spending time with their families and/or play in state playoff games.

The National #2 and #5 recruits at their position in JuCo were here on Thanksgiving two seasons ago.  Bolles is a first rounder.  It can and does happen.   Why would any Razorback fan argue against allowing this? 

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 09:12:41 PM by billy_ocean_fan »

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!
« Reply #148 on: May 23, 2018, 09:49:45 AM »
pls stop with the ASU game bs. This will never nor should it happen.

why? if we can't beat them then we sure aren't going to beat anyone in the SEC.

Haters gonna hate

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Likes doing hoodrat stuff with his friends.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #149 on: May 23, 2018, 11:06:39 AM »
We're Arkansas...everything fucks recruiting. We go out of our way to make it harder on ourselves.

The red/white game can work just fine at LR, the instate talent will find it's way there.

Sure recruits will attend but there’s a big damn difference.  You want recruits on your campus. You want them bedazzled by the facilities and the atmosphere at a college campus. You want them to see all the hotty coeds scurrying around. It’s a huge selling point that Arkansas is giving up every other year. Giving up the game after Thanksgiving is no big deal but losing the red white game every other year is stupid.

"Lemme guess.. when you shake hands you offer a FIRM grip don't you.. or you think dick size matters? LMMFAO! nobody can do nothing about what your born with, and God gives everyone exactly what they need, your heart is the only thing that matters...Plus, my dicks little, but ask anybody that's kicked it in the sack with me and they'll tell you whats up.."