Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Omahogs: The Regional Thread  (Read 12430 times)

Offline Law_Hawg

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Omahogs: The Regional Thread
« Reply #325 on: June 03, 2018, 11:02:52 PM »
You have to give it to DBU.....they are a pretty fucking good team. Also, someone will have to handle PBP during the Super Regional because I will be there for the games.

Your phone’s got internet, right?

Offline BrandonN004

• Wild Hog
  • Billy Mays For President?
« Reply #326 on: June 03, 2018, 11:28:30 PM »
not having this issue.  might be your isp

watch espn never messes up on my computer but consistently freezes on Roku or Xbox one for me. I think their app is just kind of shitty.

Offline BrandonN004

• Wild Hog
  • Billy Mays For President?
« Reply #327 on: June 03, 2018, 11:38:55 PM »
To those who attended the game, was there some kind of fight between our fans and the DBU fans? Someone on twitter said there was a "scuffle" but I didn't hear anything about it on radio

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2018, 11:55:57 PM »
To those who attended the game, was there some kind of fight between our fans and the DBU fans? Someone on twitter said there was a "scuffle" but I didn't hear anything about it on radio

Think a DBU parent got mouthy because one of their team personnel came down there and told em to shut it.

Their SS was mouthy too. 

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #329 on: June 04, 2018, 12:09:14 AM »
Think a DBU parent got mouthy because one of their team personnel came down there and told em to shut it.

Their SS was mouthy too.
I read that one of their fans got tossed.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #330 on: June 04, 2018, 12:10:29 AM »

I take it Dallas Baptist is to baseball like Johns Hopkins is to lacrosse?  I say that because I see that they’re Division II in all sports except baseball.  They’re a member of the Heartland Conference (along with UAFS).

Offline SunshineSweaterman

• Boar
« Reply #331 on: June 04, 2018, 12:35:49 AM »
 Wally Hall (@WallyLikeItIs) Tweeted:
Hogs lost only three home games all season and are now three wins, at home , from a trip to Omaha and truly being Omahogs. https://twitter.com/WallyLikeItIs/status/1003470359855804417?s=17

:maundoed:

Wally being Wally.  Dude needs to retire.

Would I rather stick my balls in a meat grinder or a salad shooter.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #332 on: June 04, 2018, 12:59:16 AM »

I was sitting down the 3rd base line. Three policemen walked a DBU fan out. From about 80 yards away, it looked like a woman to me. Hog fans cheered, then all the DBU fans stood and cheered. I couldn’t tell if they were cheering that their mouthy fan got tossed, or if a Hog fan got a warning.

Great atmosphere tonight, and the weather was perfect.

Online HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Reply #333 on: June 04, 2018, 05:42:12 AM »
Their shortstop did the finger-to-the-lips hush thing very early on. He is cocky as is some of their fans. There was a loud heckler in their game against Southern Miss who rarely shut up. I assume he was doing the same in our game but he wasn’t in the same seats. I figured he was the one security got after but it did appear a woman.

All this made the win that much more satisfying.

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Online razorwire

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #334 on: June 04, 2018, 07:00:31 AM »
I was sitting down the 3rd base line. Three policemen walked a DBU fan out. From about 80 yards away, it looked like a woman to me. Hog fans cheered, then all the DBU fans stood and cheered. I couldn’t tell if they were cheering that their mouthy fan got tossed, or if a Hog fan got a warning.

This just proves you don't half to go to school in Austin to be a Texan.   :notexas: spit

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #335 on: June 04, 2018, 07:33:57 AM »

There were two DBU fans who, from the beginning of the game, were standing up, turning around, and mouthing. I'm perfectly happy for visiting teams fans to come in and cheer, but when you insist on standing up and turning around, mouthing AT the home fans instead of just supporting your team, you look like a horrendous douche and ruin everybody's time. Tempers were getting hot because our fans, of course, started yelling back at them.

The two cops came down and we cheered because we thought they were going to kick those guys out. Now, I didn't think they should have been kicked out...I just think it would have been hilarious if they were. Then the one guy's mom stood up for him and the cops gave those two guys another chance. Then one of the DBU team officials came down and talked to them. The woman (the one douche's mommy) wasn't kicked out, she just went to stand at the top of the section. I'm guessing that the guys were told to stop turning around and antagonizing the home fans because they kept their cheers forward for the rest of the night.

It's pretty common for DBU-level teams to have some mouthy fans come regional time. They aren't used to watching games with fans in attendance so maybe they get over excited or something.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 07:35:58 AM by CharlieHog »

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #336 on: June 04, 2018, 08:05:21 AM »

There were two DBU fans who, from the beginning of the game, were standing up, turning around, and mouthing. I'm perfectly happy for visiting teams fans to come in and cheer, but when you insist on standing up and turning around, mouthing AT the home fans instead of just supporting your team, you look like a horrendous douche and ruin everybody's time. Tempers were getting hot because our fans, of course, started yelling back at them.

The two cops came down and we cheered because we thought they were going to kick those guys out. Now, I didn't think they should have been kicked out...I just think it would have been hilarious if they were. Then the one guy's mom stood up for him and the cops gave those two guys another chance. Then one of the DBU team officials came down and talked to them. The woman (the one douche's mommy) wasn't kicked out, she just went to stand at the top of the section. I'm guessing that the guys were told to stop turning around and antagonizing the home fans because they kept their cheers forward for the rest of the night.

It's pretty common for DBU-level teams to have some mouthy fans come regional time. They aren't used to watching games with fans in attendance so maybe they get over excited or something.

Sounds like a carbon copy of SMS to me.  They are conference foes, so it makes sense.

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #337 on: June 04, 2018, 08:12:00 AM »
Your phone’s got internet, right?
I do but my fingers are too big. My PBP would look like some of Boar Bidet's posts.  ;D

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #338 on: June 04, 2018, 08:15:28 AM »
I do but my fingers are too big. My PBP would look like some of Boar Bidet's posts.  ;D
Thumbs up!

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #339 on: June 04, 2018, 08:22:26 AM »
Sounds like a carbon copy of SMS to me.  They are conference foes, so it makes sense.

They actually tried to start a MVC chant.  ::)

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #340 on: June 04, 2018, 08:44:52 AM »

I see Dallas Baptist has some guy from Bentonville on their roster.  His bio says he went to Shiloh Christian, but then played his senior year at something called Providence Academy.  I initially assumed that was a prep school in some other state, but then upon doing a little Googling I found that it's actually in Rogers.

WTF is Providence Academy, and who do they play?  I don't believe they're a AAA member?

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #341 on: June 04, 2018, 08:46:05 AM »

BB should do the PBP next weekend.  It would be glorious times for all!

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #342 on: June 04, 2018, 08:53:28 AM »

I see Dallas Baptist has some guy from Bentonville on their roster.  His bio says he went to Shiloh Christian, but then played his senior year at something called Providence Academy.  I initially assumed that was a prep school in some other state, but then upon doing a little Googling I found that it's actually in Rogers.

WTF is Providence Academy, and who do they play?  I don't believe they're a AAA member?

I asked earlier during the game because the announcers said one of the players was "making a homecoming to the area". Not that it matters, but I wondered where he went to school as well, because he is black and like we have mentioned before you dont see a lot of black baseball players. He was pretty good too, he was the guy that threw that laser to third base.

Providence Academy is one of those hybrid private/home schools where you go to home school MWF and the academy on T/Tr.

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

A very stable genius.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #343 on: June 04, 2018, 08:57:07 AM »
Providence Academy is one of those hybrid private/home schools where you go to home school MWF and the academy on T/Tr.

Somebody told me at the game, and I don't know if this is true, that Dallas Baptist's players don't go to classes. They take all their classes online.

Online DRYANKNPULL

• Pig's Knuckle, Arkansas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #344 on: June 04, 2018, 08:57:51 AM »
I asked earlier during the game because the announcers said one of the players was "making a homecoming to the area". Not that it matters, but I wondered where he went to school as well, because he is black and like we have mentioned before you dont see a lot of black baseball players. He was pretty good too, he was the guy that threw that laser to third base.

That sounds like the sort of school one would go to after getting caught with a sack of dope.

Offline hoggadore

• Insolent Pissant, Bescumberer.
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #345 on: June 04, 2018, 09:03:27 AM »

Somebody told me at the game, and I don't know if this is true, that Dallas Baptist's players don't go to classes. They take all their classes online.

Aside from questioning whether they’re actually doing the work, this seems like a reasonable idea to me. Wouldn’t baseball player miss most classes during the season anyway? And, if so, wouldn’t it be better for them to be in courses where you aren’t presumed to be in class?

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #346 on: June 04, 2018, 09:07:48 AM »

His DBU bio says he was drafted by the Royals in the 32nd round of the 2016 draft.

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #347 on: June 04, 2018, 09:08:30 AM »

he played for Bubba Carpenter's travel team also.

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #348 on: June 04, 2018, 09:13:57 AM »

Many of our players only take online classes during Spring semesters.

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #349 on: June 04, 2018, 09:23:10 AM »
Not that it matters, but I wondered where he went to school as well, because he is black and like we have mentioned before you dont see a lot of black baseball players.

I believe he's either mixed race, or maybe adopted.  His dad is white and is a doctor/preacher, which probably explains him going to various church-run schools for high school and college.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 09:25:11 AM by Law_Hawg »