Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: College World Series- Omahogs  (Read 52236 times)

Offline GuinnessHog

• ( . ) ( . )
  • King of the Hogs
College World Series- Omahogs
« on: June 11, 2018, 10:50:20 PM »
We’re 5-2 I believe vs the 3 teams on our side. The shorthorn and ttech series were midweek, so not sure how much that shows us.

Florida vs Texas Tech
Hogs vs Horns

We should be confident.

The other side
Washington vs Miss State
Oregon State vs UNC

Someone said Sunday at 1 vs the horns. Must be game 3
https://www.ncaa.com/championships/baseball/d1/schedule

https://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/external/gametool/brackets/baseball_d1_2018.pdf

https://www.ncaa.com/tickets/baseball/d1

http://cwsomaha.com

« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 11:18:37 PM by GuinnessHog »

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Wise guy extraordinare. Faded weekly
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
Re: College World Series- Omahogs
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 11:07:41 PM »
Said it just after halfway point..not only are we probably the best team everything is coming together at right time.

National champions. I can feel it in my plums

"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline SunshineSweaterman

• Boar
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 11:24:28 PM »
Said it just after halfway point..not only are we probably the best team everything is coming together at right time.

National champions. I can feel it in my plums
No.  We will not win another game.

this is the least give a shit football season i can remember.

Offline Po Pimp

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 01:04:25 AM »
Is Texas much better than when we faced them earlier or have they “turned it around” against inferior competition?  I mean it’s not like they had a real murder’s row to skate through their bracket.

• Boar
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 01:14:41 AM »
Is Texas much better than when we faced them earlier or have they “turned it around” against inferior competition?  I mean it’s not like they had a real murder’s row to skate through their bracket.
Well, Texas' Kody Clemens hit 3 home runs this weekend in the Super Regionals.  He hit 2 HRs against ATM last weekend in the regional. 

Texas played Tennessee Tech in the Super Regional (who knocked off the national seed Ole Miss).  Tennessee Tech led the nation in HRs and I am honestly glad Texass beat them because I like our chances better against Texas than the Tennessee Tech team this year. 

Oh, and Clemens is a finalist for the Golden Spikes award. 

Offline HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 01:43:59 AM »
I guess this could go in the game thread or this one but if you aren’t watching DVH’s post game press conferences you are doing yourself a disservice. I think it fits well here with all the CWS references.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=950&v=9EzDqt-rD5o

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline bar_hog

• Boar
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 01:46:19 AM »
I say walk Clemens all day

• Boar
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 02:39:52 AM »
I guess this could go in the game thread or this one but if you aren’t watching DVH’s post game press conferences you are doing yourself a disservice. I think it fits well here with all the CWS references.

There are also a lot of great player interviews and a couple celebration videos.  All these videos can be found on the whole hog sports youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdx-rbSRZZ2sj9dnCuOWYcw

Online Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 06:31:01 AM »
So, time for #CSB.

Some buddies of mine and my son and I do a 3 day baseball trip every summer or so. Chicago Cubs in Wrigley on Friday, the Cardinals on Saturday in STL, then the Royals on Sunday in KC. Then drive back home. 5 guys, one Avis minivan, and lots of booze for the adults. This year, the weekend is this coming weekend. We aren't going to Chicago because they're playing in STL. So we're going to Cubs - Cards on Friday then going to KC Saturday morning. In KC, I get to watch my beloved Astros. 1:15 game. Then hit the Power and Light district post-game. We planned this in February and decided back then that we'd skip a Sunday game.

Little did we know that the Hogs would make the CWS. So late last night, we got our grandstand tix for OMAHA!! SO DAMN EXCITED!! Classic Cards vs. Cubs, KC vs. my Astros, then the OMAHOGS to cap off a great weekend. CANNOT WAIT!

Sent from my cochlear implants using Tapatalk

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • The sweetest nectar
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 06:32:04 AM »
Well, Texas' Kody Clemens hit 3 home runs this weekend in the Super Regionals.  He hit 2 HRs against ATM last weekend in the regional. 

Texas played Tennessee Tech in the Super Regional (who knocked off the national seed Ole Miss).  Tennessee Tech led the nation in HRs and I am honestly glad Texass beat them because I like our chances better against Texas than the Tennessee Tech team this year. 

So, you're saying he's been in his Daddy's medicine cabinet?

Offline hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2018, 07:08:59 AM »
I say walk Clemens all day

HBP 5x seems so much better

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 07:27:03 AM »

And, a lot of us are already tired of listening to the announcers talk about him (and his daddy).

Offline Fairweather Hog Fan

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 07:48:09 AM »
So, time for #CSB.

Some buddies of mine and my son and I do a 3 day baseball trip every summer or so. Chicago Cubs in Wrigley on Friday, the Cardinals on Saturday in STL, then the Royals on Sunday in KC. Then drive back home. 5 guys, one Avis minivan, and lots of booze for the adults. This year, the weekend is this coming weekend. We aren't going to Chicago because they're playing in STL. So we're going to Cubs - Cards on Friday then going to KC Saturday morning. In KC, I get to watch my beloved Astros. 1:15 game. Then hit the Power and Light district post-game. We planned this in February and decided back then that we'd skip a Sunday game.

Little did we know that the Hogs would make the CWS. So late last night, we got our grandstand tix for OMAHA!! SO DAMN EXCITED!! Classic Cards vs. Cubs, KC vs. my Astros, then the OMAHOGS to cap off a great weekend. CANNOT WAIT!

Sent from my cochlear implants using Tapatalk

Sounds like some solid plans there!  Congrats!

King of the poors!

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 07:49:44 AM »
Let's get it started... :notexas:spit

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2018, 07:51:58 AM »

Thanks for that.

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

A very stable genius.

Offline hit_that_line

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2018, 08:29:49 AM »
Van Horn is the best coach we’ve had in any sport. Equivalent to 5 BCS bowl appearances now. Just need the ring to cap it off.

"You're hurt son? Shit just because my dick hurts doesn't mean I quit fucking."

Offline IH8LSU

• King of the Hogs
  • Puts Carts Where They Go
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2018, 08:30:28 AM »
Do you buy individual CWS tix or a pass for the whole thing?

This is going to be a great 4 years and possibly 8.  The amount of butthurt from the left is already at glorious levels.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2018, 08:34:16 AM »

they really got it going after we rolled them in that mid-week series. They left Fayetteville 9-9 then went 31-12 losing only 2 series the rest of the week before going 2 and que at the Big 12 Tourney. Their pitching finally came around and Clemens has been lights out. Regardless of the competition, winning breeds confidence and that is what the folks in Austin were saying was the difference last week.

Haters gonna hate

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2018, 08:50:22 AM »
Do you buy individual CWS tix or a pass for the whole thing?

either way. 

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline BigDavis

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2018, 09:06:08 AM »
There are also a lot of great player interviews and a couple celebration videos.  All these videos can be found on the whole hog sports youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdx-rbSRZZ2sj9dnCuOWYcw

Luke Bonfield doesn't talk the way I expected him to. He kinda looks like the kind of guy that would dip skoal talk with a country accent.

Offline NotoriousPIG

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 09:20:47 AM »
I work two blocks from TD Ameritrade and will most likely have a tailgate in Lot B (beyond right field wall across from Blatt) that anyone is welcome to stop by.

I can also direct people on anything local if you have questions.

I know the Alumni Association is setting up at DJ's Dugout on 10th and Capitol a few blocks south.

There's a new hotel (Mariott) across from DJ's and the Centurylink Center that is really nice which has a few new bars with an outdoor courtyard and big screen to watch games.

Looking forward to a great weekend and big Hog turnout.

Offline BrandonN004

• Wild Hog
  • Billy Mays For President?
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 10:59:10 AM »
Luke Bonfield doesn't talk the way I expected him to. He kinda looks like the kind of guy that would dip skoal talk with a country accent.

Dude is from Jersey, you expected a southern accent?

Online Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2018, 11:06:19 AM »
Decent single game tickets to our first game are getting a little crazy.  Or are they always that high?

https://www.primesport.com/e/sports/mens-college-world-series-game-3-tickets/td-ameritrade-park/june-17-2018-1000704732

Offline Sweet River Baines

• Boar
  • Never tell me the odds...
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2018, 11:08:25 AM »
So, you're saying he's been in his Daddy's medicine cabinet?

Here are Clemens career stats:

Year   Team   AVG   OBP   SLG   OPS   GP   AB   R   H   2B   3b   HR   RBI   HP   BB   SO   SB   CS
2016         .242   .306   .386   .692   57   215   32   52   10   3   5   28   4   16   44   4   1
2017         .241   .356   .365   .721   54   170   21   41   6   0   5   23   3   29   32   2   0
2018   TE   .352   .444   .733   1.177   62   236   57   83   15   3   23   71   2   39   46   5   2

He goes from a career .240 hitter with 10 total HR's, to a .352 hitter with 23 HR's this season.  :portishead:

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 11:14:03 AM by Sweet River Baines »
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2018, 11:14:23 AM »
Roids

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.