Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Solar Panels  (Read 13060 times)

Offline wvhawgfan

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
Re: Solar Panels
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2020, 12:09:45 PM »
BTW, does anyone know someone who has done the tesla battery system.

They look cool as hell, but I haven't heard of anyone that has actually put the system in.

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • King of the Hogs
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2020, 07:26:29 AM »
The website listed told me it would be 40k to save 3k over 20 years. That 40k makes more return on investment in fucking 18 month CDs at the local bank.

“I would rather be governed by the first two thousand people in the Boston telephone directory than by the two thousand people on the faculty of Harvard University.”
— William Buckley on “Meet the Press”, 17 October 1965.

Online 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • Stand back, Burrito!
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2020, 08:07:11 AM »
The website listed told me it would be 40k to save 3k over 20 years. That 40k makes more return on investment in fucking 18 month CDs at the local bank.

If anyone is paying cash up front for one of these systems they aren't doing it for monetary reasons. Hopefully that meager savings is after the interest on the financing.

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Online bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2020, 08:50:46 AM »

You can't put a price on something that breaks the chain that binds you to The Man.

Riding in seat #1 on the Muss Bus.

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • King of the Hogs
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2020, 05:40:14 PM »
If anyone is paying cash up front for one of these systems they aren't doing it for monetary reasons. Hopefully that meager savings is after the interest on the financing.

I don't know if that is considering financing or not. I wouldn't finance it though. But I ain't doing it to save the planet, and 3k over 20 years is piss poor return.

“I would rather be governed by the first two thousand people in the Boston telephone directory than by the two thousand people on the faculty of Harvard University.”
— William Buckley on “Meet the Press”, 17 October 1965.

Online The Reverend Snoophogg

• A wacked out, east Arkansan turned well-to-do Ferndale-ite
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2020, 10:34:40 PM »
I don't know if that is considering financing or not. I wouldn't finance it though. But I ain't doing it to save the planet, and 3k over 20 years is piss poor return.

That’s some ridiculous numbers.  I would say more like $3kper year over 20 years.

You put in a system based on kWh generated/needed, so with the kind of money($40k) you are looking at a fairly large system.  The electric company buys back anything you don’t use that you generate.

Proffered pronouns:

Your majesty.
His excellency.
Sir
Mr. Man.

Offline wvhawgfan

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2020, 12:33:44 PM »
That’s some ridiculous numbers.  I would say more like $3kper year over 20 years.

You put in a system based on kWh generated/needed, so with the kind of money($40k) you are looking at a fairly large system.  The electric company buys back anything you don’t use that you generate.
Yeah those numbers didn't make a whole lot of sense to me either. $40K should get you a system in the 30-40kW range. That should put any reasonable size home at damn near zero. So even without any buy backs you should save much more than $3K over 20 years.

Online The Reverend Snoophogg

• A wacked out, east Arkansan turned well-to-do Ferndale-ite
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2020, 07:21:55 PM »
Yeah those numbers didn't make a whole lot of sense to me either. $40K should get you a system in the 30-40kW range. That should put any reasonable size home at damn near zero. So even without any buy backs you should save much more than $3K over 20 years.

Yes.  A house my size, E- bill runs $200+.  That’s $2,400 at a minimum...per year.

Proffered pronouns:

Your majesty.
His excellency.
Sir
Mr. Man.