Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Perpetual NFL Thread  (Read 344124 times)

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
Perpetual NFL Thread
« on: August 09, 2018, 10:55:38 AM »
With 12 games tonight we're kicking off the season.  My predictions:

NFC
East:  Phllly
West: Rams
North: Vikes
South:  Saints
WC: Packers
WC: Falcons

Rams over Philly

AFC
East:  Pats
South: Jags
North:  Steelers
West:  Chargers
WC:  Titans
WC:  Texans

Pats over Chargers

Pats over Rams

Worst team:  Arizona

« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 02:22:47 PM by Law_Hawg »

Offline RangerHog5.93

• A Shoat
Re: 2018 NFL Predictions and Season Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 11:18:59 AM »
Vikings finally win it all.

Offline Nolapigz

• Boar
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 02:21:46 PM »
NFC West:
Rams
Seahawks
49ers
Cardinals

NFC South
Saints
Falcons

Panthers
Bucs

NFC North
Vikings
Packers
Lions
Bears

NFC East
Eagles
Cowboys

Giants
Redskins

AFC West
Raiders
Chargers

Chiefs
Broncos

AFC South
Texans
Jaguars
Colts
Titans

AFC North:
Steelers
Ravens
Browns
Bengals

AFC East
Patriots
Bills
Dolphins
Jets

Saints over Rams
Patriots over Texans

Saints over Patriots

Worst team:  Jets

Not just being a homer, but this is the best team Payton has had in NO.  Completely solid with depth everywhere but TE.  Better defense than 2006 or 2010.  Five starters and two players off the two-deep return from 2017 IR for a team that was a miracle play away from the NFC title game.  Rookie Marcus Davenport looks to be the bookend rusher that Cam Jordan has needed his entire career.  I am doing a full fledged cannonball into the Kool-Aid.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 03:00:07 PM by Nolapigz »

Offline Nolapigz

• Boar
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 02:23:23 PM »
BTW, look for Jonathan Williams trying to make the roster for the Saints tonight.

Offline GuinnessHog

• Boar
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 02:45:42 PM »
NFC West:
Rams
Seahawks
49ers
Cardinals

NFC South
Saints
Falcons

Panthers
Bucs

NFC North
Vikings
Packers
Lions
Bears

NFC East
Eagles
Cowboys

Giants
Redskins

AFC West
Raiders
Chargers

Chiefs
Broncos

AFC South
Texans
Jaguars
Colts
Titans

AFC East
Patriots
Bills
Dolphins
Jets

Saints over Rams
Patriots over Texans

Saints over Patriots

Worst team:  Jets

Not just being a homer, but this is the best team Payton has had in NO.  Completely solid with depth everywhere but TE.  Better defense than 2006 or 2010.  Five starters and two players off the two-deep return from 2017 IR from a team that a miracle play away from the NFC title game.  Rookie Marcus Davenport looks to be the bookend rusher that Cam Jordan has needed his entire career.  I am doing a full fledged cannonball into the Kool-Aid.

AFC North?

Offline Nolapigz

• Boar
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 02:56:09 PM »
AFC North?
This is why you shouldn't try to do this at work.  Edited, with Steelers winning division and Chiefs out of the PO.

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 04:03:46 PM »
Every year I make predictions in this thread and end up being very badly wrong so this year I'm picking the Browns to win it all.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline bigghurtt

• Calmer than you, you stupid son of a bitch
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Prying open, my brown eye...wait...damnit.
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 04:07:45 PM »
Not saying shit this year.  You guys will just have to find out when it happens.

This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 06:17:21 PM »
FOOTBAW!!!!!!!

...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 07:21:39 PM »
Not saying shit this year.  You guys will just have to find out when it happens.

We got you down for Steelers 19-0 win the world championship.  You're thinking it; just wont say it

Offline bigghurtt

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 08:42:20 PM »
We got you down for Steelers 19-0 win the world championship.  You're thinking it; just wont say it

#thisyear

Offline VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2018, 09:55:02 PM »
brandon allen gets some 4th quarter time and goes 10/15 and throws for the rams only score

jwill gets a few carries and scores a td

Offline Nolapigz

• Boar
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 10:16:33 AM »
Jonathan Williams does what he does.  4 rushes, 26 yds with a TD after running through tacklers at the goal line.  He looked good last night.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 10:58:01 AM »

I'm a day late on this, but I predict some players will kneel during the anthem and Trump will wear out his fingers with angry tweets about it. 

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 12:50:43 PM »
Two interesting NFL notes I heard on my drive earlier.

1. Ed Hochuli will be 68 this year (I would have guessed 60)

2. The meaningless preseason HOF game drew more viewers than every single tv show on this summer, with the exception of 2 single episodes.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 01:01:50 PM »
Jonathan Williams does what he does.  4 rushes, 26 yds with a TD after running through tacklers at the goal line.  He looked good last night.

That kind of thing doesn’t work in the nfl

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 01:57:41 PM »
Two interesting NFL notes I heard on my drive earlier.

1. Ed Hochuli will be 68 this year (I would have guessed 60)

2. The meaningless preseason HOF game drew more viewers than every single tv show on this summer, with the exception of 2 single episodes.

Now you know why networks pay so much for NFL games. Nothing else is close. 

Last night in DFW the Cowboy first preseason game started at 9.  It peaked at 15.2, and at midnight pilled a 7.2 watching scrubs who will be sacking groceries in a couple weeks.  No primetime show came close to a 7.2. 

there are idiots in social media ready to throw away the season because they gave up a 4th quarter lead, eventhough Dak looked sharp and and the 1D was strong.  Dude it doesn't count; its about individual pler eval.

Offline bigghurtt

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 02:24:35 PM »
Now you know why networks pay so much for NFL games. Nothing else is close. 

Last night in DFW the Cowboy first preseason game started at 9.  It peaked at 15.2, and at midnight pilled a 7.2 watching scrubs who will be sacking groceries in a couple weeks.  No primetime show came close to a 7.2. 

there are idiots in social media ready to throw away the season because they gave up a 4th quarter lead, eventhough Dak looked sharp and and the 1D was strong.  Dude it doesn't count; its about individual pler eval.

I always try to explain to people who don’t understand how I can be such a fanatic about football, watch every game televised for months, but NEVER watch preseason NFL...

I don’t give a shit abot pros playing a game where the outcome means nothing to anyone anywhere, and where 75% of the game is a personnel evaluation. 

The team gave up a 20 point lead?!?!? Wow, what a huge effect this wll have in the 0 situations where it matters to anyone anywhere.

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 03:25:08 PM »
I always try to explain to people who don’t understand how I can be such a fanatic about football, watch every game televised for months, but NEVER watch preseason NFL...

I don’t give a shit abot pros playing a game where the outcome means nothing to anyone anywhere, and where 75% of the game is a personnel evaluation. 

The team gave up a 20 point lead?!?!? Wow, what a huge effect this wll have in the 0 situations where it matters to anyone anywhere.

I do watch the Dallas preseason games but to me it is like watching a scrimmage, which is what I would rather see rather than these sorry excuses for games.  The league has charged full rip for these games since the beginning of time and will not give it up.

Anyway, I only like watching specific players and seeing some of the UDFAs and low picks actually making a run on the roster.  The only part that is like a game is the 1s vs 1s.  Last night that was 1 series.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 03:31:21 PM »
I do watch the Dallas preseason games but to me it is like watching a scrimmage, which is what I would rather see rather than these sorry excuses for games.  The league has charged full rip for these games since the beginning of time and will not give it up.

Anyway, I only like watching specific players and seeing some of the UDFAs and low picks actually making a run on the roster.  The only part that is like a game is the 1s vs 1s.  Last night that was 1 series.

I saw that the Cowboys were playing, but I pretty much never watch preseason games.  I watched the Edmonton-BC game instead until I fell asleep.  At least it was a regular-season game. 

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline Loma

• Backwoodigan Razorback
  • King of the Hogs
  • Watch your top knot.
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2018, 10:08:08 PM »
If Beth Mowins is calling the Raider game on the NFL network, does that mean I don’t have to listen to her on ESPN?

/list } in]

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
2018 NFL Predictions and Season Thread
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2018, 01:15:29 AM »
Knile Davis signs wif Bears

Offline BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2018, 08:22:52 AM »
watching sportscenter compare the rookie qb's first preseason games.  rosen looked like shit.  mayfield played the best by far; the browns actually seem to have made a good draft choice in the face of all prognosticators, and the taylor trade was a pretty good move.  the browns appear to be set at the qb position.  preseason means jackshit though.  damien woody thinks darnold will be the first to start, but that has more to do with the jets' qb roster.

fuck your feelings

Offline Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2018, 08:36:23 AM »
watching sportscenter compare the rookie qb's first preseason games.  rosen looked like shit.  mayfield played the best by far; the browns actually seem to have made a good draft choice in the face of all prognosticators, and the taylor trade was a pretty good move.  the browns appear to be set at the qb position.  preseason means jackshit though.  damien woody thinks darnold will be the first to start, but that has more to do with the jets' qb roster.
Darnold looked real good.

The answer to every question about the seeming stupidity of every government decision from Covid to the coming war is simple. The elites want you dead..

Offline Nolapigz

• Boar
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2018, 08:46:15 AM »
Really no point in judging these rookie QBs at all until after the 3rd preseason game against first team D’s for a few series.  I remember thinking Ryan Kelly was going to be an NFL starter.