Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Perpetual NFL Thread  (Read 300859 times)

Offline PorkSaladAnnie

• Tush Hog
Re: Perpetual NFL Thread
« Reply #7975 on: January 11, 2022, 04:42:53 PM »

Now, how do we get rid of Saban . . .
I want it all.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #7976 on: January 11, 2022, 05:04:49 PM »

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #7977 on: January 11, 2022, 06:18:00 PM »
giants fire joe judge. 

Online TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #7978 on: January 11, 2022, 06:21:41 PM »
Anybody want an NFL team?

https://twitter.com/novy_williams/status/1481022738500395011
Broncos will sell for more than that most likely. 

Shame Bowlen didn’t structure his estate to protect it taxwise. 

Hopefully the Spanos family will be forced to sell someday in San Diego. 

Online TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #7979 on: January 11, 2022, 06:22:57 PM »
giants fire joe judge.
He was a horrible hire.  That 3rd and 9 disaster made him a laughing stock.  The Maras wouldn’t bear that bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone | PM me for my OnlyFans!

Offline VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #7980 on: January 11, 2022, 06:27:28 PM »
He was a horrible hire.  That 3rd and 9 disaster made him a laughing stock.  The Maras wouldn’t bear that bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone | PM me for my OnlyFans!
the new gm and coach hire will be huge for them.  they have nine picks in the draft including  #5 and 7 in the first, the fourth pick in the second, and the the third pick in the third.

pick the right guys, and they may look like an nfl team in a couple of years.

Online TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
Perpetual NFL Thread
« Reply #7981 on: January 11, 2022, 09:15:11 PM »
the new gm and coach hire will be huge for them.  they have nine picks in the draft including  #5 and 7 in the first, the fourth pick in the second, and the the third pick in the third.

The Giants should be the premier opening  this season, if they hire a great GM.  Could the Maras lure Belichick?  Someone posited this.

The Seattle situation is still not determined; will Wilson or Carroll be leaving?

Looks like Ruhle bought himself another year by firing a bunch of his staff.  He’s a shitbird.  If he did anything to advocate the trade for Sam Darnold and then signing Cam Newton for big money he should be sent back to high school coaching or selling time shares.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 09:21:33 PM by TexZilla »

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #7982 on: January 12, 2022, 09:07:38 AM »

The ringer article on Miami made a great point, without a quality QB the HC and GM don’t matter. Those two spots are big in getting the QB no doubt, but without the right QB it won’t work. See the Vikings and Cousins among others.

It cracks me up when they talk about QBs like Wilson wanting to go somewhere where they can compete but most all of those teams that can compete all have QBs already.

What does Seattle do? Wilson has good targets in Lockett and Metcalf but they have no running game or defense. Has Pete run his course?

I wonder if you could tempt the Chargers in trading Herbert, stupid if they did, but why not if you can’t make the playoffs with him (because you hire stupid head coaches) and you are the 2nd banana in LA by a large margin plus there a lot of stupid decisions made in that organization.

Do the Raiders keep Carr and the interim coach?

The broncos would seem to be the best landing spot for a QB looking for a new home but will the ownership issue be a factor and what is their cap situation?

Should be a fun off season.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #7983 on: January 12, 2022, 11:53:33 AM »
Would also welcome Wilson with open arms.  He’d look good in teal. 

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Online TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #7984 on: January 12, 2022, 01:14:43 PM »
The ringer article on Miami made a great point, without a quality QB the HC and GM don’t matter. Those two spots are big in getting the QB no doubt, but without the right QB it won’t work. See the Vikings and Cousins among others.

It cracks me up when they talk about QBs like Wilson wanting to go somewhere where they can compete but most all of those teams that can compete all have QBs already.

What does Seattle do? Wilson has good targets in Lockett and Metcalf but they have no running game or defense. Has Pete run his course?

I wonder if you could tempt the Chargers in trading Herbert, stupid if they did, but why not if you can’t make the playoffs with him (because you hire stupid head coaches) and you are the 2nd banana in LA by a large margin plus there a lot of stupid decisions made in that organization.

Do the Raiders keep Carr and the interim coach?

The broncos would seem to be the best landing spot for a QB looking for a new home but will the ownership issue be a factor and what is their cap situation?

Should be a fun off season.

You gotta have a great QB and you have to have an oline that can provide time and a running game.  The Oline in the NFL is so dependent on the scheme and the cohesion of that group as a unit.  I think that is part of the Cowboys line issues; i dont think Joe Philbin knows how to coach road graters.  Its the hardest part of the game to fix because colleges dont generally have pro style line play.

The Vikings are an interesting case, and an example of contractor syndrome.  The new coach wants to be the OC or DC and basically hire a contractor to run the other side.  The head coach needs to run the whole team.  Zimmer also got stuck with a talented loser at QB with a huge fucking contract.

With all the research and examples and money invested in the draft, free agency, coaching hires etc, the truth is everything is mostly a coin flip. Odds are all the new coaches will be fired within four years.  50% or less of the draftees will pan out.  Most of the QBs will suck. and most free agents will be wastes of money and draft capital.

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • King of the Hogs
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #7985 on: January 13, 2022, 09:50:38 AM »
Broncos will sell for more than that most likely. 

Shame Bowlen didn’t structure his estate to protect it taxwise. 

Hopefully the Spanos family will be forced to sell someday in San Diego.

I dislike them playing in LA. One team is enough. There was a reason they all moved in the first place.

“I would rather be governed by the first two thousand people in the Boston telephone directory than by the two thousand people on the faculty of Harvard University.”
— William Buckley on “Meet the Press”, 17 October 1965.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #7986 on: January 13, 2022, 09:52:59 AM »
I dislike them playing in LA. One team is enough. There was a reason they all moved in the first place.

Absolutely horrible decision to split the LA fan base like that.  I wonder how long the Chargers last there.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #7987 on: January 13, 2022, 02:35:26 PM »
Absolutely horrible decision to split the LA fan base like that.  I wonder how long the Chargers last there.

Maybe I will sound like a broken record, but I will take them in Miami too!  That’s one way to get Herbert, after all. 

Ross can move the Dolphins to Ann Arbor.    Or Ann…apolis.   Or An…gola.   Just leave behind the team name and colors. 

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #7988 on: January 13, 2022, 02:54:05 PM »
Maybe I will sound like a broken record, but I will take them in Miami too!  That’s one way to get Herbert, after all. 

Ross can move the Dolphins to Ann Arbor.    Or Ann…apolis.   Or An…gola.   Just leave behind the team name and colors.

Leave the team name and colors be damned.

We need to welcome the San Antonio Dolphins to the NFL! 

They do have a Sea World there, after all.

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #7989 on: January 13, 2022, 03:11:36 PM »

Leave the team name and colors be damned.

We need to welcome the San Antonio Dolphins to the NFL! 

They do have a Sea World there, after all.

Yes, I'm sure Stephen Ross would be accepted with open arms in Texas.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #7990 on: January 13, 2022, 03:13:46 PM »
Yes, I'm sure Stephen Ross would be accepted with open arms in Texas.

I just picked the largest city in the USA without an NFL team. 

San Diego Dolphins would work.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #7991 on: January 13, 2022, 03:19:38 PM »

I just picked the largest city in the USA without an NFL team. 

San Diego Dolphins would work.

I was being facetious. 

But this kind of swap could work too.  And I like the idea of that old dry fart being as far away from here as possible.

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #7992 on: January 13, 2022, 03:42:05 PM »
In shocking news the Texans didn't even wait for a socially appropriate time to fire David Culley. What a fantastic organization that is.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Online TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #7993 on: January 13, 2022, 06:31:15 PM »
In shocking news the Texans didn't even wait for a socially appropriate time to fire David Culley. What a fantastic organization that is.
The Texans ownership and front office is beyond dumpster fire.  It’s like a coal mine fire.  Cal McNair, his bud Jack Easterby, and Nick Caserio the GM are as brain dead as the Hanson brothers.  A disaster in every way.  Watson situation, no picks, no talent, fan base done. And fired a dude after one season.

Offline Animal

• Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #7994 on: January 13, 2022, 06:56:04 PM »
The Texans ownership and front office is beyond dumpster fire.  It’s like a coal mine fire.  Cal McNair, his bud Jack Easterby, and Nick Caserio the GM are as brain dead as the Hanson brothers.  A disaster in every way.  Watson situation, no picks, no talent, fan base done. And fired a dude after one season.

Lots of chatter suggesting Culley was an absolute dunce that couldn't make decisions on the sidelines. Was constantly being "advised" during games by Caserio and whomever the DC is/was. I find that hard to believe that the guy survived for years with the Ravens organization is all the sudden clueless, but you know sometimes when get into the big chair you can't handle it.

Bruce Lee

Online TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
Perpetual NFL Thread
« Reply #7995 on: January 14, 2022, 09:05:56 AM »
Caserio supposedly told Cal he was in Belichick’s headphones during games. I find that hard to believe.  But he sold not it in. 

These owners are so desperate to be another New England but are blind to what bill is all about.  Complete submissions of ego to Team.  Complete devotion to Team.  Complete trust in Team.

Culley was an awful hire, and likely a last minute choice to placate Watson.  He was making demands about who he wanted for coaches and staff.  The entire organization is a train wreck.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 09:08:36 AM by TexZilla »

Offline VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #7996 on: January 16, 2022, 03:47:46 PM »
nm

Offline Feral

• Wild Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
« Reply #7997 on: January 16, 2022, 06:12:44 PM »
Lots of chatter suggesting Culley was an absolute dunce that couldn't make decisions on the sidelines. Was constantly being "advised" during games by Caserio and whomever the DC is/was. I find that hard to believe that the guy survived for years with the Ravens organization is all the sudden clueless, but you know sometimes when get into the big chair you can't handle it.
Sometimes these guys just Peter Principle the shit out of themselves.

It's somewhat reminiscent of Jeff Jagodzinski. Had two really good seasons as HC at Boston College with Matt Ryan, had been a 25 year coaching vet in the college and pro ranks, and then he got bounced from his job as the Bucs OC before he'd coached a regular season game because he apparently couldn't call plays, didn't know the playbook, and couldn't handle the basic functions of being a coordinator.

Offline Animal

• Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #7998 on: January 16, 2022, 06:14:36 PM »
Sometimes these guys just Peter Principle the shit out of themselves.

It's somewhat reminiscent of Jeff Jagodzinski. Had two really good seasons as HC at Boston College with Matt Ryan, had been a 25 year coaching vet in the college and pro ranks, and then he got bounced from his job as the Bucs OC before he'd coached a regular season game because he apparently couldn't call plays, didn't know the playbook, and couldn't handle the basic functions of being a coordinator.

Jeff had a really bad drinking problem from what I understand. He was a talented coordinator just couldn't shake the bottle.

Bruce Lee

Online TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #7999 on: January 19, 2022, 09:50:55 PM »
My God Fat Mike was a blithering idiot at his season end presser.  He can’t seem to take blame or responsibility for anything.  Where is Jack Ruby when you need him?