Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register.

Author Topic: Unemployment.  (Read 443 times)

Online Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
Unemployment.
« on: December 04, 2018, 09:40:30 AM »
So, long story short, as of January 11th, I may be unemployed.  I'm 53.  I have no idea what this entails.  My LLC has been paying unemployment since inception in 2007 and has never used it as I only employ 2 people:  myself and my wife.  Anyone know how to file unemployment and what it entails and how much you bring in in unemployment pay and all that?  I'll likely be unemployed for about 2 to 3 months while I search out other contracts for taint poking Nukular fizzicysts. 

Also, I do have ONE contract that's still valid and I work at a facility in Fort Smith like 8 hours a month.  NO way enough to support my family but it is actual employment.  Would that (I'm thinking yes but I don't know) disqualify me for unemployment.  What is the true definition of unemployed according to the government?  Can I draw unemployment if I'm a greeter at walmart?

Offline razorwire

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net 3.0
Re: Unemployment.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 10:47:28 AM »
Each state is different.  Some have longer waiting periods, hunt for work requirements, amounts paid based on various criteria, etc. You need to do some research, ASAP.  Good Luck to you.

Online Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 01:53:27 PM »
Each state is different.  Some have longer waiting periods, hunt for work requirements, amounts paid based on various criteria, etc. You need to do some research, ASAP.  Good Luck to you.

Yeah, I'm trying. 

Online bigghurtt

• Calmer than you, you stupid son of a bitch
  • King of the Hogs
  • Prying open, my brown eye...wait...damnit.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 02:13:09 PM »
It’s been a decade, but when it was my turn, I got a little over 400 a week.

This was in 2008, and I went in to get materials on jobs in the area, and the advisor was all “you’ve been in the army 10 years, take some time off.  We’re not going to be checking your calls, and you can ride this for a year. It’s free money, take it!”

No bullshit, I went in looking for work, and was explicitly advised to cheat unemployment instead. 

This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 02:42:51 PM »
So, long story short, as of January 11th, I may be unemployed.  I'm 53.  I have no idea what this entails.  My LLC has been paying unemployment since inception in 2007 and has never used it as I only employ 2 people:  myself and my wife.  Anyone know how to file unemployment and what it entails and how much you bring in in unemployment pay and all that?  I'll likely be unemployed for about 2 to 3 months while I search out other contracts for taint poking Nukular fizzicysts. 

Also, I do have ONE contract that's still valid and I work at a facility in Fort Smith like 8 hours a month.  NO way enough to support my family but it is actual employment.  Would that (I'm thinking yes but I don't know) disqualify me for unemployment.  What is the true definition of unemployed according to the government?  Can I draw unemployment if I'm a greeter at walmart?

Use the shit out of it. I am in the same boat. I have paid unemployment insurance on myself for 14 years. When I shut this show down I will take that shit for as long as I can.

It’s been a decade, but when it was my turn, I got a little over 400 a week.

This was in 2008, and I went in to get materials on jobs in the area, and the advisor was all “you’ve been in the army 10 years, take some time off.  We’re not going to be checking your calls, and you can ride this for a year. It’s free money, take it!”

No bullshit, I went in looking for work, and was explicitly advised to cheat unemployment instead. 

Same exact story here. I came back from 15 months in Iraq and was trying to buy my current business. The guy told me to take it as long as I needed. He even said "your chances of getting audited are smaller than winning the lottery".

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

"What is he undermining exactly? You know, what democratic freedoms have been undermined?" Crenshaw asked. "We just had an election where we switched power in the House. Democracy is at work. People are voting in record numbers."

Online Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 04:02:38 PM »
So, where do I go in Arkansas?  Department of Workforce Services?

Online bigghurtt

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 04:05:09 PM »
So, where do I go in Arkansas?  Department of Workforce Services?

Si, work.

Online Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 04:12:37 PM »
Si, work.

Um?  ???  So I get the Si part as I speak about 5 spanish words but Si, work?   I mean, were you trying to say Si, word?  Eh, anyway.  I'll call them soon.

Online bigghurtt

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 04:13:20 PM »
Um?  ???  So I get the Si part as I speak about 5 spanish words but Si, work?   I mean, were you trying to say Si, word?  Eh, anyway.  I'll call them soon.

Si, call.  Work.  Si.

Offline geohul

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
  • Boar
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 03:57:37 PM »
The last 3 posts made me laugh audibly.