Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register.

Author Topic: Handheld Wand Car Wash in Fayetteville?  (Read 1663 times)

Online geohul

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
  • Boar
Re: Handheld Wand Car Wash in Fayetteville?
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2019, 08:03:04 PM »
Ditto. In fact didn’t the old store used to have one of those striped barber pole signs?
I believe so yes.   This would have been about 86 or 87. 

Offline GolfingHog

• Boar
  • Calmer than you are.
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2019, 08:19:37 PM »
That’s about right, maybe into the early ‘90s.

Online BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2019, 12:02:45 AM »
Elk Horn made a pretty good burger when they opened.   I left in 97 or so about a year after it opened.   Casey's, Harps and Sonic killed the Elk Horn like they almost killed the the old shell station next to Pizza Junction before they expanded.   

As for haircuts, you wanted to see Smith late in the day when his hands were steady.   Had a buddy that swore one day Smith ran out of booze and took a swig of the barbicide.  I vaguely remember on old barber out at Durham in the East side of the Durham store, but I was so young when I went there I'm not sure if it was Smith or not. 

The old laundromat went from laundry, to a pawn shop, to a video store, then daylight donuts twice.

is the soap n suds on sycamore still there?  that is fucking brilliant idea for a laundromat.  can't believe there aren't more places like it.  i used to live across the street from it...way before sycamore became the fucking ghetto.

chad darksider number 2

Online geohul

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
  • Boar
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2019, 12:14:40 AM »
is the soap n suds on sycamore still there?  that is fucking brilliant idea for a laundromat.  can't believe there aren't more places like it.  i used to live across the street from it...way before sycamore became the fucking ghetto.
Sadly SoapNSuds shut down several years back.   There is a retro themed Laundrymat on Leverett in the old Pizza Hut called Sit & Spin.  I haven't been but I beleive they do beer and food there.