Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register.

Author Topic: Handheld Wand Car Wash in Fayetteville?  (Read 1372 times)

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • King of the Hogs
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
Handheld Wand Car Wash in Fayetteville?
« on: February 12, 2019, 03:19:58 PM »
Are there any car wash places left in Fayetteville that have handheld pressure wands?

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
Re: Handheld Wand Car Wash in Fayetteville?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 03:32:37 PM »
If you have a pressure washer, I highly recommend getting a foam cannon. You can grab them off Amazon for around $15. Get some pH neutral soap from Chemical Guys or Adams. Works great.

Also, for maintenance cleaning (no grit, etc.) I use CarPro Ech2o mixed with CarPro Reload (mix is 1:10-1:15 of both with water). Simply spray and wipe a section, then go back over with a dry towel. The Reload puts a sealant on top that works really well.

<--- I'm with him

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • King of the Hogs
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 03:45:59 PM »
If you have a pressure washer, I highly recommend getting a foam cannon. You can grab them off Amazon for around $15. Get some pH neutral soap from Chemical Guys or Adams. Works great.

Also, for maintenance cleaning (no grit, etc.) I use CarPro Ech2o mixed with CarPro Reload (mix is 1:10-1:15 of both with water). Simply spray and wipe a section, then go back over with a dry towel. The Reload puts a sealant on top that works really well.

Very much appreciated, but I don't have a pressure washer and I'd like to try a wand-type carwash to try to clean an outdoor rug (not my car).

Offline 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • I am surrounded by my privilege
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 03:46:58 PM »

I bought one of those foam cannons and it makes a lot of foam but I can't see how the hell it makes washing a car any easier or better. Still have to use a sponge unless your car isn't really dirty to begin with. I do like the chemical bros soap. Amazon will have that stuff on sale quite often so don't buy it near the stupid MSRP.

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 03:52:36 PM »
There is one at the corner of 16/Crossover called Portside Carwash. It’s ok but there is nothing else remotely decent anywhere near the area. Self-washes have all disappeared. Fucking ridiculous.

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • I am surrounded by my privilege
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 03:56:23 PM »
There is one at the corner of 16/Crossover called Portside Carwash. It’s ok but there is nothing else remotely decent anywhere near the area. Self-washes have all disappeared. Fucking ridiculous.

Think the one down in West Fork still works.

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 04:08:05 PM »
I bought one of those foam cannons and it makes a lot of foam but I can't see how the hell it makes washing a car any easier or better. Still have to use a sponge unless your car isn't really dirty to begin with. I do like the chemical bros soap. Amazon will have that stuff on sale quite often so don't buy it near the stupid MSRP.

Since it is ph neutral it can sit and not be rinsed immediately. I typically spray foam, then use a different mitt for each section to wash, then rinse, then dry. Probably saves me 30 mins from traditional wash, rinse, repeat. I also use Optimum No Rinse from time to time as well if it's just a little dirty.

<--- I'm with him

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 04:38:29 PM »
So why haVE they disappeared in Fayetteville?  Are good ol' hand held washers not funky enough?

They still seem to be everywhere everywhere else.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 04:43:33 PM »
So why haVE they disappeared in Fayetteville?  Are good ol' hand held washers not funky enough?

They still seem to be everywhere everywhere else.

Automatic washes can be found easily but not hand/wand washes. If the funky people get their wishes we’ll be washing cars with piss drainage.

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 04:54:57 PM »
Not many where I'm at either. They are a dying breed.

<--- I'm with him

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • King of the Hogs
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 04:55:52 PM »
There is one at the corner of 16/Crossover called Portside Carwash.

Thanks!  That's about as far from my house as it's possible to be within Fayetteville.  It'll have to do, though.  This rug really ties the space together.

For outsiders: the '50s-themed wand-type wash on Joyce has been replaced with an unbelievably nice auto garage.  The one on Township is now an empty lot with a temporary-looking shrub seller.  The one on College is of course now a Starbucks and a cookie shop.

Offline hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 05:48:05 PM »
The one in Elkins used to be the best anywhere.   Hot water and tons of pressure. 

Washed most of my great uncle down the drain there when he got run over by the brush hog. 

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline OP

• Still Cranky After All These Years
  • Boar
  • I still tingle at the bottom of my balls
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 03:33:19 AM »
Is the one by the Shell station at Joyce and Crossover still there?

You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Offline geohul

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
  • Boar
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 11:49:59 AM »
The one in Elkins used to be the best anywhere.   Hot water and tons of pressure. 

Washed most of my great uncle down the drain there when he got run over by the brush hog. 
You talking behind the old Elk Horn or at the intersection of 16 and 74?  Back in high school I used that 74 wash a ton.  I could put $1.50 in that thing and wash mine and my buddies truck after a trip out to White Rock.  Was also a good place to wash off my boots on days I had worked in the chicken houses.  Then stop off at Smith's barber shop in the shed next door for one of the two haircuts he could do, buzzcut or a slightly less uniform buzzcut for $4.00. 

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • King of the Hogs
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 01:00:17 PM »
Is the one by the Shell station at Joyce and Crossover still there?

For outsiders: the '50s-themed wand-type wash on Joyce has been replaced with an unbelievably nice auto garage.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 01:03:31 PM »
The one on Township is now an empty lot with a temporary-looking shrub seller. 

Offline kingofdequeen

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 01:20:16 PM »
i know a guy that will deliver weed to your house.  no need to go scrounging around, spaulding.

Offline hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 02:01:41 PM »
You talking behind the old Elk Horn or at the intersection of 16 and 74?  Back in high school I used that 74 wash a ton.  I could put $1.50 in that thing and wash mine and my buddies truck after a trip out to White Rock.  Was also a good place to wash off my boots on days I had worked in the chicken houses.  Then stop off at Smith's barber shop in the shed next door for one of the two haircuts he could do, buzzcut or a slightly less uniform buzzcut for $4.00.

74/16.  Elk horn wasn’t even a think when I left.  The 74 one lasted forever and was great.  Loved it. 

Smitty’s buzz cut depending on how much he had been drinking.   Got all my childhood haircuts there. 

The old laundromat was always fun too.  It is a donut shop now, right? 

Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • King of the Hogs
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2019, 05:36:47 PM »
O Nights of Ni

I had the same exact thought while typing it.

Roger: Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies.  There is a pestilence upon this land.  Nothing is sacred.  Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history.
King Arthur: Did you say shrubberies?
Roger: Yes, shrubberies are my trade.  I am a shrubber.  My name is Roger the Shrubber.  I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies.
[pause]
Sir Bedevere: Ni!
King Arthur: [stops him] No!

Offline murphy

• A Shoat
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2019, 05:13:47 AM »
Think the one down in West Fork still works.
Farmington still has one

Offline OP

• Still Cranky After All These Years
  • Boar
  • I still tingle at the bottom of my balls
You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Offline dhog

• Wild Hog
  • Go HOGS Go!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2019, 11:13:28 AM »
Are there any car wash places left in Fayetteville that have handheld pressure wands?

If you're on the West side of town there's one in Farmington on hwy 62.

Offline geohul

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
  • Boar
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2019, 06:33:46 PM »
74/16.  Elk horn wasn’t even a think when I left.  The 74 one lasted forever and was great.  Loved it. 

Smitty’s buzz cut depending on how much he had been drinking.   Got all my childhood haircuts there. 

The old laundromat was always fun too.  It is a donut shop now, right?
Elk Horn made a pretty good burger when they opened.   I left in 97 or so about a year after it opened.   Casey's, Harps and Sonic killed the Elk Horn like they almost killed the the old shell station next to Pizza Junction before they expanded.   

As for haircuts, you wanted to see Smith late in the day when his hands were steady.   Had a buddy that swore one day Smith ran out of booze and took a swig of the barbicide.  I vaguely remember on old barber out at Durham in the East side of the Durham store, but I was so young when I went there I'm not sure if it was Smith or not. 

The old laundromat went from laundry, to a pawn shop, to a video store, then daylight donuts twice.   

Offline hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2019, 07:48:34 PM »
The Pretty’s did Elk Horn didn’t they?  I went to school with Travis. 

Smitty, when he wasn’t steady, could make you bleed something awful.  When he could bring out the straight razor for the back of your neck...you wanted him to go to that little side room and Medicare a little bit.

Been the donut place a few times on the way to fishing at like 5am.   Mmmm, bear claw.

Offline GolfingHog

• Boar
  • Calmer than you are.
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2019, 08:00:24 PM »
I vaguely remember on old barber out at Durham in the East side of the Durham store, but I was so young when I went there I'm not sure if it was Smith or not.

Ditto. In fact didn’t the old store used to have one of those striped barber pole signs?