Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register.

Author Topic: Looking for a good pair of shoes for work and outdoor jobsite visits  (Read 1016 times)

Online geohul

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
  • Boar
Hoping some of you can help me out.  I'm a sneaker guy.  As far as big boy shoes go I own 2 pairs of Kenneth Cole reaction loafers in brown and black and 2 pairs of Cole Haan Oxfords in brown and black.  I either wear those or my sneakers to the office and I'm loking for something in between.  Our office is business casual for the most part so  I'm looking for an everyday shoe that I can use to wear to the office, our warehouse,  or a job site.  Doesn't have to be steel toe, but I would like it to have a good tread, and be lightweight.  Not looking for boots, but figured you degenerates would have some ideas.  Bonus points for comfortable. 

Offline goporkyourself

• cool side of the pillow
  • King of the Hogs
  • having a good week of practice

Online Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
The New Balance shoes that I got a couple months ago have held up well. They are kinda in that running/hiking theme. Good grip...hold up in water but far from water proof. These are first New Balance shoes I can ever remember wearing and they are pretty good especially for the price.

Prior to those I got some Salomon XA Pro 3D or something similar in bright green. They were damn near water proof but came at the expense of hot stinky feet. I am standing in water a lot during the day so these shoes held up pretty damn good and I wore the fuck out of them. I do plan to purchase a new pair of Saloman's but probably will hold off and see how long the New Balance cheapos go.

In the boot category I wear Ariat work boots, but they aren't overly great on traction. They are comfortable though. I wore them the other day riding an ATV up at Chadwick, MO and about fell off the four wheeler when I lost grip on the foot peg. I didn't wear those boots the rest of the weekend.

Online geohul

• Boar
i have a pair of these and i love them. most comfortable shoes ever

https://www.johnstonmurphy.com/copeland-chukka/8665.html?dwvar_8665_width=M&dwvar_8665_color=Red%20Brown%20Oiled%20Full%20Grain#sz=72&start=1
Those rubber soles look comfy but I'm looking for something a little more rugged. 

In the boot category I wear Ariat work boots, but they aren't overly great on traction. They are comfortable though. I wore them the other day riding an ATV up at Chadwick, MO and about fell off the four wheeler when I lost grip on the foot peg. I didn't wear those boots the rest of the weekend.

I was actually considering a pair of the Ariat Terrain boots.  Traction is a major concern so I will probably pass on those now. 

Online Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
Those rubber soles look comfy but I'm looking for something a little more rugged. 

I was actually considering a pair of the Ariat Terrain boots.  Traction is a major concern so I will probably pass on those now.

In fairness my boots are probably 3 years old, but I was never enamored with their traction. It’s not a hiking boot with bulky traction. It’s more like a non-slip generic rubber soul like you would find on a lot of steal-toe which is prob fine working in a warehouse or something. Those boots don’t breath very well either but the trade off is being able to walk through a bit of water here and there. 

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
Hoping some of you can help me out.  I'm a sneaker guy.  As far as big boy shoes go I own 2 pairs of Kenneth Cole reaction loafers in brown and black and 2 pairs of Cole Haan Oxfords in brown and black.  I either wear those or my sneakers to the office and I'm loking for something in between.  Our office is business casual for the most part so  I'm looking for an everyday shoe that I can use to wear to the office, our warehouse,  or a job site.  Doesn't have to be steel toe, but I would like it to have a good tread, and be lightweight.  Not looking for boots, but figured you degenerates would have some ideas.  Bonus points for comfortable.

Budget?

Lug soles or not?

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Online geohul

• Boar
Budget?

Lug soles or not?
$200

Lug soles are fine.   I just want non skid traction. 

Offline HRC

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
Merrill or get a decent brand and add inserts like SuperFeet or Sole.

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline bogey7

• Boar
  • Pick-up Stix Champion
What type of job sites?  Do they require certain shoes/boots?

Never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart.

Online geohul

• Boar
Ordered some Merrell Moab Adventure Stretches last night.  Only cost me $80.  Looking forward to getting them.