Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Any opinions on the various pest control services in NWA?  (Read 1641 times)

Offline pinkphiloyd

• will eat your babies, bitch.
  • King of the Hogs
Any opinions on the various pest control services in NWA?
« on: July 09, 2019, 04:58:46 PM »
I'm just gonna leave this wide open.  We need quarterly termite inspections.  I think that's what she said, anyway.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Any opinions on the various pest control services in NWA?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 05:05:56 PM »
That sounds excessive to me - maybe once a year for termites and a good spraying for other critters every six months.  Maybe every quarter if you have more bugs around.

I don't know any up there but find you a small shop - don't get suckered into that orkin shit.

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 05:31:49 PM »
I'm just gonna leave this wide open.  We need quarterly termite inspections.  I think that's what she said, anyway.

You dont need a quarterly termite inspection. That's yearly. You must be referring to bugs. Ace of Blades is good. Call and ask for Cory. (479) 530-7001

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

"What is he undermining exactly? You know, what democratic freedoms have been undermined?" Crenshaw asked. "We just had an election where we switched power in the House. Democracy is at work. People are voting in record numbers."

Offline Boar Bidet

• I need fity dollars to make you holler.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Formerly known as Swahili Steve
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 06:05:58 PM »
yeah unless you have stucco or your home was formerly home to termites you just need a yearly inspection. Quarterly for the other stuff however I feel even quarterly is excessive for the home but most pest control won’t let you go any less than quarterly which is shitty.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 06:32:37 PM »
You dont need a quarterly termite inspection. That's yearly. You must be referring to bugs. Ace of Blades is good. Call and ask for Cory. (479) 530-7001

I know the dude that owns ace of blades.  Or kids were in cub scouts together.  Don't know about his company, but he's a good dude.

bring me coach cornrows

Online goporkyourself

• cool side of the pillow
  • King of the Hogs
  • having a good week of practice
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 06:50:33 PM »
Serfco.

Offline acater

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 06:58:02 PM »
I know the dude that owns ace of blades.  Or kids were in cub scouts together.  Don't know about his company, but he's a good dude.

Great guy, honest as they come. We do all their postcards.

"What is he undermining exactly? You know, what democratic freedoms have been undermined?" Crenshaw asked. "We just had an election where we switched power in the House. Democracy is at work. People are voting in record numbers."

Offline HRC

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 07:38:18 PM »
Ace of Blades is great. Advance Pest is as well. West is fine but have gotten too expensive over the last few years.

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline pinkphiloyd

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 07:54:24 PM »
I'll have to ask her again exactly what we're looking for and then I'll start looking at these suggestions.  I swear she said quarterly termites but maybe it was all kinds of bugs.  I'm asking for opinions here because the woman has actually become disenchanted with Advance for some reason.  Maybe because we were paying for quarterly pest control but it seems like all the bugs live at our house.  I don't know.  I'll have to get some clarification.

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 05:56:39 PM »
I'll have to ask her again exactly what we're looking for and then I'll start looking at these suggestions.  I swear she said quarterly termites but maybe it was all kinds of bugs.  I'm asking for opinions here because the woman has actually become disenchanted with Advance for some reason.  Maybe because we were paying for quarterly pest control but it seems like all the bugs live at our house.  I don't know.  I'll have to get some clarification.

Someone around here said using antifreeze was good for bug killin, but he had like 3000 year old bugs.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 11:42:19 PM »
Someone around here said using antifreeze was good for bug killin, but he had like 3000 year old bugs.

I got one of those bug a salt guns - I can take out a termite at 20 yards.

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline razorwire

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2019, 08:39:42 AM »
Does Arkansas have Formosian Termites yet?

Offline pinkphiloyd

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2019, 07:08:39 AM »
Great guy, honest as they come. We do all their postcards.

Cory from Ace of Blades came out to give us an estimate yesterday.  Jesus Christ.

Okay.  The woman is currently out of town working, and when she's gone, I have a natural tendency to slob out.  I'm an utterly disgusting person, and I'm completely incapable of change.  At 42, I've accepted it.  I manage to repress it a little bit when she's home, but that slob pressure builds up inside and so when she leaves town I let it all out and then just clean house the day before she gets home. But on this particular day, in addition to the usual slobbery,  I was hip deep in one of my personal projects.  Having already completely destroyed the office where I usually do this stuff, I had migrated out to the kitchen.  So on top of the dishes and laundry piles, or whatever, there was torn down electrical shit and testing equipment and components and wire and god knows what all else just scattered everywhere.  And I, the guy who MADE THE APPOINTMENT, totally forgot he was coming.

I whipped this up to express almost perfectly the way it played out:

Offline acater

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2019, 07:12:42 AM »
Cory from Ace of Blades came out to give us an estimate yesterday.  Jesus Christ.

Okay.  The woman is currently out of town working, and when she's gone, I have a natural tendency to slob out.  I'm an utterly disgusting person, and I'm completely incapable of change.  At 42, I've accepted it.  I manage to repress it a little bit when she's home, but that slob pressure builds up inside and so when she leaves town I let it all out and then just clean house the day before she gets home. But on this particular day, in addition to the usual slobbery,  I was hip deep in one of my personal projects.  Having already completely destroyed the office where I usually do this stuff, I had migrated out to the kitchen.  So on top of the dishes and laundry piles, or whatever, there was torn down electrical shit and testing equipment and components and wire and god knows what all else just scattered everywhere.  And I, the guy who MADE THE APPOINTMENT, totally forgot he was coming.

I whipped this up to express almost perfectly the way it played out:

LOL. I am sure its not the worst he has seen. He has some stories.

Offline pinkphiloyd

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2019, 08:11:06 AM »
Oh I'm sure.  This pales in comparison to some of the ones I've seen working in EMS, but still...the woman would fucking SHIT if she found out.

Online goporkyourself

• cool side of the pillow
  • King of the Hogs
  • having a good week of practice
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2019, 08:14:07 AM »
long as you hid the bong you're good

Offline pinkphiloyd

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2019, 10:19:21 AM »
long as you hid the bong you're good

That's a medical device.  My glaucoma, you know.

Offline Harry Rex Vonner

• A Shoat
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2019, 07:59:58 PM »
Serfco is the best

Absolute honest and solid human beings - great guys