Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 2187 times)

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
Is it just me?
« on: August 06, 2019, 03:25:35 PM »
The last 2 days, when I click on the little red razorback at the end of a post title (new posts since you last read this thread), instead of it taking me to the most recent unread post in a thread, it takes me to the top post on that page and then I have to scroll down to figure out where I left off. 

Is it just me?  I mean, I am on a crappy work computer that slows down to commodore 64 levels daily...

Offline Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 07:26:26 PM »
It doesn’t take me all the way to the top but it certainly doesn’t take me to the first unread post. It also depends on the thread

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 07:28:09 PM »
It's happened to me once or twice, but not in a few days.  The inconsistency makes me think it is probably a server issue and not a woopig issue.

I've got a little change in my pocket going jing-a-ling-a-ling

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 09:31:13 PM »
The last 2 days, when I click on the little red razorback at the end of a post title (new posts since you last read this thread), instead of it taking me to the most recent unread post in a thread, it takes me to the top post on that page and then I have to scroll down to figure out where I left off. 

Is it just me?  I mean, I am on a crappy work computer that slows down to commodore 64 levels daily...

When I click that it takes me straight to your mom.

OK, kidding. That happens to me a lot, but it doesnt take me to the top of the page it takes me to another reply in that thread, always a few posts higher than the latest reply.

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

"What is he undermining exactly? You know, what democratic freedoms have been undermined?" Crenshaw asked. "We just had an election where we switched power in the House. Democracy is at work. People are voting in record numbers."

Offline One Quarter

• Tush Hog
  • OP: 3/17/63 - 10/18/19
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 10:07:36 PM »
I can't make it happen, but if it does, it's an internet or server thing, not a woopig code thing.  No changes have been made within the past few weeks.

You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 11:23:15 AM »
I can't make it happen, but if it does, it's an internet or server thing, not a woopig code thing.  No changes have been made within the past few weeks.

It's working gloriously fine today.

Acater, go fuck yourself.  And your mom.

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 02:42:27 PM »
Having server maint today? I keep having weird connectivity issues

Update: my Snort service on my router had some wild hair up it's ass.

(http_inspect) PROTOCOL-OTHER HTTP server response before client request

It was pointing toward a particular IP that I believe either is woopig or in some way related. I put it on a supress list so hopefully that cures the issue.
Edit: It is woopig ip number...just did a traceroute

« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 04:26:50 PM by Animal »