Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Bulk scanning  (Read 2182 times)

Offline pinkphiloyd

• will eat your babies, bitch.
  • Boar
Bulk scanning
« on: August 21, 2019, 08:45:12 AM »
I bought a used copy of a highly recommended review book for the Fundamentals of Engineering exam which I'm trying to prepare for.  It's actually in good shape except for the fact that a lot of the pages have come free from the binding.  Trying to keep it flat while I'm working problems is also a pain in the ass.  So, I just liberated the rest of the pages from the binding thinking I'd just scan it into a pdf.  I've scanned about 10 pages from my home scanner and that shit is for the birds.  Is there somewhere I can go to throw ~200 pages into a tray and automate this process?  I saw on the website that FedEx Office offers scanning but there weren't any details.  And how much, approximately, might this cost me, since I am, as the woman so eloquently puts it, "so fucking cheap."

Offline goporkyourself

• cool side of the pillow
  • King of the Hogs
  • having a good week of practice
Re: Bulk scanning
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 08:50:54 AM »
I bought a used copy of a highly recommended review book for the Fundamentals of Engineering exam which I'm trying to prepare for.  It's actually in good shape except for the fact that a lot of the pages have come free from the binding.  Trying to keep it flat while I'm working problems is also a pain in the ass.  So, I just liberated the rest of the pages from the binding thinking I'd just scan it into a pdf.  I've scanned about 10 pages from my home scanner and that shit is for the birds.  Is there somewhere I can go to throw ~200 pages into a tray and automate this process?  I saw on the website that FedEx Office offers scanning but there weren't any details.  And how much, approximately, might this cost me, since I am, as the woman so eloquently puts it, "so fucking cheap."

kinkos maybe?

Offline pinkphiloyd

• Boar
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 08:52:55 AM »
kinkos maybe?

Is that still a thing?  I was under the impression that FedEx had taken them over and that's where FedEx Office came from.  It's entirely possible I dreamed that up, though.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 10:41:06 AM »
Is that still a thing?  I was under the impression that FedEx had taken them over and that's where FedEx Office came from.  It's entirely possible I dreamed that up, though.

Fedex/Kinkos might not do that for you if it's a copyrighted published book. 

Offline pinkphiloyd

• Boar
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 11:08:14 AM »
Fedex/Kinkos might not do that for you if it's a copyrighted published book.

An excellent point that I hadn't considered.  I think I can do it in about an hour by forgoing my scanner and just snapping pics of each page with my phone.  Then I can move them to my computer and batch convert 'em.  Feels ridiculous, but fuck it.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 12:32:41 PM »
An excellent point that I hadn't considered.  I think I can do it in about an hour by forgoing my scanner and just snapping pics of each page with my phone.  Then I can move them to my computer and batch convert 'em.  Feels ridiculous, but fuck it.

damn man.  My scanner at home has a feeder option.  I have a scanner at work too.  come on by.

Offline pinkphiloyd

• Boar
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 09:58:27 PM »
I got it taken care of.  Thanks though, man.  I appreciate it.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 08:50:28 AM »
I got it taken care of.  Thanks though, man.  I appreciate it.

Congratulations whippersnapper.