Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Perpetual NBA Discussion Thread  (Read 38316 times)

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs

Offline gambler

• King of the Hogs
Re: Perpetual NBA Discussion Thread
« Reply #201 on: April 06, 2022, 04:49:13 AM »
That's a team player.

Online Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2022, 07:00:30 AM »
The Lakers coach is the one getting scapegoated and already talk of hiring Doc Rivers. I don't see Doc leaving a good roster in Philly to take on a roster of old guys with the Lakers. Same article said Quinn Synder is also on the wish list.

Maybe just maybe Lebron should leave the general management up to the GM because he sucks at putting teams together. What is it about super star's lacking the ability to put a team together? Jordan couldn't do it either. Here's a tip Lebron in case you are slumming on woopig. Find some tough as nails guys. Anthony Davis breaks a nail and he's down for half the season.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2022, 07:23:54 AM »
Doc Rivers isn't a very good coach. So they will probably hire him.

<--- I'm with him

Offline GuinnessHog

• Boar

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
  • Jump Back, Kiss Myself!

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #206 on: April 06, 2022, 07:18:08 PM »
The Lakers' utter suckage is one of the storylines of the decade.

Online Animal

• Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #207 on: April 06, 2022, 07:21:15 PM »
This has always bothered me because I would swear this chick hired on at ESPN years ago and was basically A LOT more white(ish). Maybe I'm confusing her with someone else.

I just looked her up and apparently she's Filipino German-Irish by way of Chicago.  I can see the Filipino now that I've looked her up.

Would hit it.

Bruce Lee

Online VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #208 on: April 06, 2022, 07:25:59 PM »
brian windhorst is the biggest lebron homer there is.  still, he said not too long ago that after three or four seasons, teams will just get tired of playing with him.  it showed this year.

Offline gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #209 on: April 06, 2022, 08:15:23 PM »
brian windhorst is the biggest lebron homer there is.  still, he said not too long ago that after three or four seasons, teams will just get tired of playing with him.  it showed this year.
That's because he wants control of everything, and wants you to mortgage your future for him right now.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #210 on: April 07, 2022, 12:21:55 PM »
https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

this has Notae going 49 to the Golden State. nice.

But it also have Ivey going #1 so maybe we should look elsewhere for draft projections.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #211 on: April 07, 2022, 12:29:58 PM »

But it also have Ivey going #1 so maybe we should look elsewhere for draft projections.
Oscar Tshiebwe at 44?

The answer to every question about the seeming stupidity of every government decision from Covid to the coming war is simple. The elites want you dead..

Online VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #212 on: April 07, 2022, 12:56:52 PM »
Oscar Tshiebwe at 44?
great college player but with his current offensive game, and at 6' 9" he's short for playing the 5, he's doesn't project all that well at the nba level.

wouldn't be surprised to see him come back.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #213 on: April 07, 2022, 01:00:13 PM »

This seems really outdated, even though it says it's updated today.

No Jaylin at all?  Not buying that.

Oscar has nothing to gain by coming back, he can't improve his height.

He needs a better mid range shot.  He was owning us so much in the paint I was thrilled when he took an open short jumper, he couldn't hit shit.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #214 on: April 07, 2022, 01:43:18 PM »
This seems really outdated, even though it says it's updated today.

No Jaylin at all?  Not buying that.

Oscar has nothing to gain by coming back, he can't improve his height.

He needs a better mid range shot.  He was owning us so much in the paint I was thrilled when he took an open short jumper, he couldn't hit shit.

not sure - I think Vegas has a point - not sure how Oscar's game (and Jaylin"s too) translates to the NBA style.
We're talking about the best players in the world are in the league and you gotta be better than an experienced player with serious skill to make a roster.

The NBA is a different game than the game in college and your skill set has to elite and you need to be in the right system to utilize those skills.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Online Animal

• Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #215 on: April 07, 2022, 01:43:27 PM »
There are a lot of NBA bigs that aren't giants but in terms of drafting a player if Oscar is 6-9 he's probably going 2nd round. They'll put a premium on longer athletes that can shoot it.

Notae I don't think is a super great nba prospect...he's an older guy that's still developing a floor game and is fairly inconsistent with shot selection and overall decision making. Would need to play and defend the point guard spot. A couple years in the G could maybe do him some good...I think his age dings him as a long term project.

Jaylin has a lot of tools of a really decent NBA big man. Developing as a shooter, good passer, high basketball IQ...seems to be a great teammate. He's just one of those guys NBA GMs are going to want in their program. Absolutely isn't a finished product...needs to improve on low post skills both offensively and defensively. Probably needs more work getting those pick and pops at 15ft and the shoulder fade away Kobe shots. He's a high 2nd round grade but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes thru the draft he ends up getting picked late 1st. NBA teams tend to still draft international players when they really don't necessarily want an NBA player right now.

Bruce Lee

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #216 on: April 07, 2022, 01:46:48 PM »
not sure - I think Vegas has a point - not sure how Oscar's game (and Jaylin"s too) translates to the NBA style.
We're talking about the best players in the world are in the league and you gotta be better than an experienced player with serious skill to make a roster.

The NBA is a different game than the game in college and your skill set has to elite and you need to be in the right system to utilize those skills.

My point is I don't see how coming back helps him become an NBA guy.  He just doesn't fit that mold.  I don't see another year with Cal changing that.

The best reason to come back is if you can improve your stock somehow.  I don't think he can.

I think Jaylin is a 2nd rounder, he's a good defender with a solid skill set but can't create in the post.  His ticket to the 1st round is to be able to shoot 3s consistently, and I can see that happening.  He's not terrible as is.

Online VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #217 on: April 07, 2022, 02:01:47 PM »
yeah, i think williams is going to grade out better than a lot of folks (fans) are expecting. outside of the 'sure fire' lottery picks, the nba drafts on potential and he definitely has it.

plus the g-league doesn't have the loser stigma that it used to. they've been funded and staffed better so teams have no problem sending mid to late 1st rounders there to get them developed into their system. 

Offline Olive Branch Hog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #218 on: April 07, 2022, 05:14:56 PM »
yeah, i think williams is going to grade out better than a lot of folks (fans) are expecting. outside of the 'sure fire' lottery picks, the nba drafts on potential and he definitely has it.

plus the g-league doesn't have the loser stigma that it used to. they've been funded and staffed better so teams have no problem sending mid to late 1st rounders there to get them developed into their system.

The G-League is now the 2nd best basketball league in the world.

It is a fantastic product.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #219 on: April 08, 2022, 01:22:57 PM »
The G league is very competitive, and I'm sure players not wanting to play overseas as much with COVID an issue is helping.

However, if you know you have a shot at 1st round or especially lottery pick money, that is something to consider.

Online Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #220 on: April 09, 2022, 12:02:45 PM »

Riley Reid smashed by Mason Jones.  Insert your own jokes here.

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1512654186856472577

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Online BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #221 on: April 09, 2022, 01:04:26 PM »
Riley Reid smashed by Mason Jones.  Insert your own jokes here.

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1512654186856472577

Not the first time she's been smashed by a big black man.

fuck your feelings

Offline GuinnessHog

• Boar
« Reply #222 on: April 12, 2022, 11:13:18 PM »
TWolves and Clippers have been entertaining as hell

Online HogNrock

• Tush Hog
  • McHeisman pose
« Reply #223 on: April 13, 2022, 08:21:23 AM »
TWolves and Grizzlies should be a good series for a 1st round matchup. They split the season series but Dillon Brooks was out all 4 games. PBev on Morant should be a great matchup.

Offline Olive Branch Hog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #224 on: April 13, 2022, 08:56:06 AM »
TWolves and Grizzlies should be a good series for a 1st round matchup. They split the season series but Dillon Brooks was out all 4 games. PBev on Morant should be a great matchup.

And I will be courtside working the game!

Been too long...