Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Perpetual NBA Discussion Thread  (Read 40455 times)

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
<--- I'm with him

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
Re: Perpetual NBA Discussion Thread
« Reply #401 on: July 09, 2022, 04:01:17 PM »
Moody with a great game last night

Joe with a great game today so far.

Jaylin Williams inked a 4 year 8.2 million dollar deal

« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 04:34:52 PM by Animal »
It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Online Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #402 on: July 11, 2022, 10:02:34 AM »
Moody with a great game last night

Joe with a great game today so far.

Jaylin Williams inked a 4 year 8.2 million dollar deal

Happy for Jaylin, was worried he wouldn't get a solid deal when he left early.  He got good advice.

Offline mr.zorak

• Curator of Crapola
  • Tush Hog
  • keep your friends close and your enemies closer...
« Reply #403 on: July 12, 2022, 10:58:18 AM »
I didn't realize Chet Holmgren starred in one of my favourite 80"s movies Student Bodies.

He donned coke bottle glasses and a floppy hat for the role.

He really doesn't look that old though.

Henceforth I will refer to him as Malvert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNjYJV4PO1E

"Almost always in the top 5 dooshapalooza rankings."
frick that i want the, fresh as a whistle
He did.  Actually it has been said by every president in one way or another.  FDR said, “even my crippled ass likes a great pair of tits!”

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #404 on: July 12, 2022, 12:13:03 PM »
I didn't realize Chet Holmgren starred in one of my favourite 80"s movies Student Bodies.

He donned coke bottle glasses and a floppy hat for the role.

He really doesn't look that old though.

Henceforth I will refer to him as Malvert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNjYJV4PO1E
I saw that on a show similar to Elvira's on the USA network, but the host was a guy dressed up as a super hero, smoking a cigar. Kinda of reminded me of Cliff Clavin.

Offline jsimp

• Boar
« Reply #405 on: July 13, 2022, 08:05:07 AM »
umude is going to get himself on a g league roster. hes had a good summer

Offline Hogworth Ballington III

• Tush Hog
« Reply #406 on: July 13, 2022, 09:38:12 AM »
Saw that Trey Wade is doing the Team Arkansas thing in TBT. Does that mean he got dropped from the Cardinals fall camp already? Camp starts the 2nd and the tournament is scheduled to run through the 3rd.

*edit* nvm, I was looking at the dates for last year's tournament. This one looks like it wraps much earlier so I guess he could squeeze both in as long as his contract with the Cards allows for it.

*edit to the previous edit* Well shit, it looks like the championship game runs on the 2nd this year. Might be one of those situations where he commits to play and then drops out at some point. I think I remember that being pretty common for this tournament.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 09:45:02 AM by Hogworth Ballington III »
I just want to get paid for sucking ass

Offline Animal

• Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #407 on: July 13, 2022, 08:02:03 PM »
Saw that Trey Wade is doing the Team Arkansas thing in TBT. Does that mean he got dropped from the Cardinals fall camp already? Camp starts the 2nd and the tournament is scheduled to run through the 3rd.

*edit* nvm, I was looking at the dates for last year's tournament. This one looks like it wraps much earlier so I guess he could squeeze both in as long as his contract with the Cards allows for it.

*edit to the previous edit* Well shit, it looks like the championship game runs on the 2nd this year. Might be one of those situations where he commits to play and then drops out at some point. I think I remember that being pretty common for this tournament.

Arkansas TBT traditionally shits the bed so I don't think it's a problem anyone could possibly consider being realistic. That he's playing basketball that close to NFL camp tells me he's not going to a NFL camp. TBT could be a launching pad to getting picked up by an overseas league.

Bruce Lee

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #408 on: July 15, 2022, 06:51:35 AM »
Lewis Black curmudgeon rant coming.

Why is the NBA Summer League suddenly a thing almost as big as the real thing? Why am I getting basketball news and highlights on every sports show and site for games that don't even count? Who the fuck cares? Is it just that baseball and golf are that boring? This didn't use to be a thing.

To be fair, I don't even watch the real NBA, so I guess I am not the target audience. But why is this suddenly a thing?

• Tush Hog
« Reply #409 on: July 15, 2022, 07:23:52 AM »

Why is the NBA Summer League suddenly a thing almost as big as the real thing? Why am I getting basketball news and highlights on every sports show and site for games that don't even count? Who the fuck cares? Is it just that baseball and golf are that boring? This didn't use to be a thing.

To be fair, I don't even watch the real NBA, so I guess I am not the target audience. But why is this suddenly a thing?

I kind of had the same thought. I didn't know if the algorithms were targeting me with it because of all the former razorbacks in the pros now (or at least on the verge). And yes, golf is boring as fuck.

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #410 on: July 15, 2022, 07:24:30 AM »
Because MLB sucks even more. No one watches baseball anymore so they're trying to pull in viewership from basketball fans. I've been watching the summer league for several years. The one they used to have in Orlando was awesome. No fans, only coaches and NBA execs. It was like a tryout  Those kids were battling for a spot and it showed.

I'll add it used to only be on NBATV. ESPN most likely is desperate for viewership so they jumped on board.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 07:26:18 AM by Barton Fink »
<--- I'm with him

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #411 on: July 15, 2022, 07:45:57 AM »
I kind of had the same thought. I didn't know if the algorithms were targeting me with it because of all the former razorbacks in the pros now (or at least on the verge). And yes, golf is boring as fuck.

Speaking of algorithms, for the past week or two, my Facebook reels and insta have been filled with short guys dunking and showing off their vertical. Streetball type stuff. Not actual basketball games, just look at this dunk!! I guess I clicked on something to start it all, but it's like 50% of my random shit now. Hopefully it will fade.

• Tush Hog
« Reply #412 on: July 15, 2022, 10:55:06 AM »
Speaking of algorithms, for the past week or two, my Facebook reels and insta have been filled with short guys dunking and showing off their vertical. Streetball type stuff. Not actual basketball games, just look at this dunk!! I guess I clicked on something to start it all, but it's like 50% of my random shit now. Hopefully it will fade.

Ben Shapiro has been flooding mine. No idea why, as I find him to be a slimy, insufferable taint tumor.

Offline Animal

• Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #413 on: July 15, 2022, 11:53:49 AM »

It's been popular for at least 5 years and probably longer. Overall the NBA is a league that goes about 10 months out of the year and has created a watchable product for much of that time.

Bruce Lee

Offline Animal

• Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #414 on: July 15, 2022, 11:57:21 AM »

I get reels of half naked Asian women...not sure why.

Bruce Lee

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #415 on: July 15, 2022, 12:01:10 PM »
a watchable product

Gonna have to show your work on this one.

Offline Animal

• Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #416 on: July 15, 2022, 12:10:01 PM »
Gonna have to show your work on this one.

You may not like it but some us like to train for watching sec basketball in the off season. I've seen Moody get tackled a time or two with no call. It's great.

Bruce Lee

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #417 on: July 15, 2022, 01:06:50 PM »
I get reels of half naked Asian women...not sure why.
There are a ton of hungry MILF’s in my area, apparently. 

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #418 on: July 15, 2022, 05:18:43 PM »
Because MLB sucks even more. No one watches baseball anymore so they're trying to pull in viewership from basketball fans. I've been watching the summer league for several years. The one they used to have in Orlando was awesome. No fans, only coaches and NBA execs. It was like a tryout  Those kids were battling for a spot and it showed.

I'll add it used to only be on NBATV. ESPN most likely is desperate for viewership so they jumped on board.

well said. I've actually watched a few games as it's more compelling than the NBA regular season. kids battling for spots and experience after sitting on the bench all season.

also, what else is on?
MLB is just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

• Tush Hog
« Reply #419 on: July 15, 2022, 05:50:58 PM »
well said. I've actually watched a few games as it's more compelling than the NBA regular season. kids battling for spots and experience after sitting on the bench all season.

also, what else is on?
MLB is just doesn't do it for me anymore.

They should do a hard knocks series that follows a summer league team.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #420 on: July 15, 2022, 06:34:44 PM »
They should do a hard knocks series that follows a summer league team.

...of half naked asian women?

...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #421 on: July 15, 2022, 07:06:56 PM »
lol I just flipped by ESPN long enough to see JWill take a charge exactly the same way he did in college. Planted outside the arc, hands protecting his nuts, the offensive player takes a few steps and runs right into him.

It was called a block.

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
<--- I'm with him

Offline cchog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #423 on: July 15, 2022, 08:34:24 PM »

Offline Animal

• Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #424 on: July 17, 2022, 02:22:53 PM »
None of these female refs know what a charge is. They are highly qualified for the SEC.

Bruce Lee