Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Perpetual NBA Discussion Thread  (Read 40457 times)

Online Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
Re: Perpetual NBA Discussion Thread
« Reply #425 on: July 17, 2022, 09:41:28 PM »
The Arkansas TBT team has made it to Round 3 for the first time in it's history after beating Omaha. Trey Wade hit a bit 3 late...didn't see it just reporting the facts as I know them.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #426 on: July 19, 2022, 05:11:04 PM »

For those interested, the Bobby Portis Foundation will hold a charity game at UALR’s Jack Stephens Center on July 30.  Portis will be there, along with “10+” unnamed current and former NBA players.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bobby-portis-foundation-celebrity-basketball-game-tickets-384261314937

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #427 on: July 19, 2022, 05:16:10 PM »
The Arkansas TBT team has made it to Round 3 for the first time in it's history after beating Omaha. Trey Wade hit a bit 3 late...didn't see it just reporting the facts as I know them.

C’mon, man.  Put in the work!

https://mobile.twitter.com/EricPMusselman/status/1549131744250662915

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Online VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #428 on: July 19, 2022, 07:47:37 PM »
jwill gets two years and $4 million of his contract guaranteed.  kid made the right decision.

Online Animal

• Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #429 on: July 19, 2022, 09:01:21 PM »
C’mon, man.  Put in the work!

https://mobile.twitter.com/EricPMusselman/status/1549131744250662915

I'm afraid the strain was more than they could bear.

Bruce Lee

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #430 on: July 19, 2022, 09:14:35 PM »
I'm afraid the strain was more than they could bear.

Gutter Cat Gang got ‘em.

Online VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #431 on: July 31, 2022, 01:07:44 PM »
bill russell passes.

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #432 on: July 31, 2022, 01:30:27 PM »
bill russell passes.
He could rebound too.

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline Snorts

• Boar
  • 7 Screaming Diz Busters
« Reply #433 on: August 01, 2022, 07:07:05 AM »
Russell, for those who don't know, was compared to Wilt Chamberlain during their careers, and for all time afterwards.  The general tilt goes "Wilt was the greatest offensive player, Russell the greatest defensive player."  The argument went from there.

There are modern statistical methods to rate players today, far beyond the rebound, steal, and blocked shot stats used in yesteryear (bs and steals were not even calculated during Wilt and Russell's time).  It is not nearly as subjective as it was in the early NBA.

Russell is so far ahead of everyone else in defensive win shares is is not even close.  DWS has been shown to be a MUCH more important stat in relation to winning than any other.  Point?  At the things that mean winning games, Bill Russell was the GOAT.

Russell was on 2 straight HS State Championships, 2 straight NCAA  Championships, the Olympic title, won the NBA title in his first and last years and 9 in between.  His supporting cast came and went, he was the icon of those Celtic teams.  When he didn't play, those "great" Celtic supporting casts had a terrible winning %.  He was the first Black NBA head coach, and the first player/coach in the NBA to win a championship.

edit, added from the CBS Sports tribute: ...above everything else Russell was on the court, he was the sport's greatest winner. He lost only two playoff series in his entire career. He never once lost a winner-take-all game. Not in college. Not in the Olympics. Not in the NBA. He won all 21 of such games he played...end edit.

Wilt was a great athlete in other sports, of course.  Just ask him.  Bill fucking Russell made the US Olympic team in the fucking high jump.  He gave his spot to the third place finisher because he was already going on the basketball squad.  He claims he could jump high enough to look DOWN into the rim. 

Anyway.  It was a subjective argument 30 years ago, Wilt vs Russell.  Not so much anymore.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 07:12:45 AM by Snorts »
Just ask the Axis

Online Animal

• Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #434 on: August 07, 2022, 10:42:16 AM »
What's up with all these Warriors trade rumors. Some of them have Moody going to the Jazz. Yuck

Bruce Lee

Online Animal

• Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #435 on: August 25, 2022, 10:55:28 AM »
Chet got a lisz Franc injury in a pro-am game and is done for the season so JWill maybe just solidified his spot in the rotation for the Thunder.

PBev supposedly going to the Lakers who...probably good move. Beverly will give that bunch a shot in the arm and I aint talking about a covid shot.

Bruce Lee

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #436 on: August 25, 2022, 02:54:11 PM »
I would hate to play against PBev.  I would love to have him as a teammate.

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Online Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #437 on: August 25, 2022, 04:54:31 PM »
I would hate to play against PBev.  I would love to have him as a teammate.

They need some toughness and relentlessness, and somebody not looking to shoot every time he touches the ball.

Online VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #438 on: August 25, 2022, 05:24:54 PM »
that's an interesting move. westbrook absolutely hates beverly, as do lakers fans for him giving lebron a knee to the nuts a few years ago.