Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Perpetual NBA Discussion Thread  (Read 38140 times)

Online SoldierSooie

• Tush Hog
  • We're Back!
Re: Perpetual NBA Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2021, 08:49:39 AM »
He has zero chill.

I wouldn't either.  XiBron knocked the piss out of him.  On purpose.

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2021, 08:57:35 AM »
I wouldn't either.  XiBron knocked the piss out of him.  On purpose.

Yep, opened up a cut on his eye.

It was from behind too.  XiBron is a bitch.  If he tried that with Portis, he might get 5 across the eyes from half-way across the court.  You don't mess with a man with eyes like Portis.  You just don't.

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline Hogworth Ballington III

• Tush Hog
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2021, 03:08:50 PM »
Here's a good breakdown of it:

https://youtu.be/75bvJOXw5BA

I will say that that was a lot of damage from a short, semi-closed, backhand punch. Would have been nice to see what he could have done in mma if he started early and had the mentality for it.

I just want to get paid for sucking ass

Offline goporkyourself

• Citizen
  • King of the Hogs
  • Careful man, there’s a beverage here.
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2021, 08:51:51 PM »
Austin Reaves getting minutes with the Lakers right now. Great job Mike. Everyone that saw that kid play knew.

Offline rzrbkfan69

• Tush Hog
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2021, 09:59:30 AM »
Austin Reaves getting minutes with the Lakers right now. Great job Mike. Everyone that saw that kid play knew.

Hit the game winning 3 at the end of the game.

You hear that? My friends are laughing at me!!! They are laughing at me! - Clark

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2021, 10:15:40 AM »
Nobody mentioned Steph Curry breaking the 3 point record with a lot of career left for him...

Some appropriate discussion about whether Lebron has been a bit overhyped and Stef being underhyped relative to what they've accomplished.

I'll say this, Stef wanted to go to Va Tech where his dad went and didn't get a scholarship offer and ended up at Davidson.  He lit it up his career there and took them to the Elite 8 and gets picked #7 overall.

Golden State has largely been shit forever and he went there, built a championship team, stayed there and keeps trying to put together another.

He changed the game.  The NBA's focus on 3 point shooting was built around him as its golden child. 

That's a hell of a career.  Hats off to him.  His 3 point record will likely be unbreakable when he's done if he doesn't retire early.

Offline VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2021, 10:21:32 AM »
i read he could miss like his next 540 three point attempts and would still have better percentage than ray allen.

Offline goporkyourself

• Citizen
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2021, 10:39:36 AM »
Steph is the goat shooter and it’s not even a discussion.

Online Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2021, 11:20:16 AM »
RE: Curry

He without a doubt changed both college and pro ball in how teams view positions on the court and what defines a good shot etc etc. The analytics of the sport changed in ways that many staffs are still struggling to understand. I would be curious if the average scores in the NBA have went up over Curry's career?

To me the average scores in college have went down for some reason...possibly over reaching officiating combined with terrible shot selection and shitty emulated pro offenses.

In any case I can't think of another player maybe anywhere in sports that had that kind of impact on their sport. At least nobody else in my lifetime comes to mind. Tom Brady is a great great QB...he's changed the game by having specially made Tom Brady rules. So in the respect he's "changed the game".  In fairness that's not because of Brady being a whiner...just a circumstance of the times. Lots of money on the line and nobody wants to see stars hurt and their careers cut short because the Ronnie Lott's of the world were coming in and killing dudes.

Lebron may have contributed to the discussion in terms of "position-less" basketball, but not nearly as much impact as Steph has had on the league and that was already coming anyway. When Lebron is gone nobody will really even give a shit and that's not just to shit on Lebron it's just a fact. He's won rings by teaming up with superstars which was popularized by KG and Paul Pierce. So it's not like he even invented that when he went to Miami. Arguably had Lebron never left Cleveland to begin with...the dude might only have 1 ring if that.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline flash23

• Tush Hog
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2021, 12:58:44 PM »
Wasn't Wichita State his only good offer out of high school? He was a 3 star white kid. Honestly he probably would have been one of those guys people bitched about Mike offering at all.

Offline goporkyourself

• Citizen
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2021, 02:04:50 PM »
Wasn't Wichita State his only good offer out of high school? He was a 3 star white kid. Honestly he probably would have been one of those guys people bitched about Mike offering at all.

He scored 73 in a game in high school.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2021, 02:06:18 PM »
Reaves hit the game winner in OT for the Lakers vs the Mavs last night.  I didn't realize he was an Arkansas kid.

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2021, 01:37:27 PM »
Reaves hit the game winner in OT for the Lakers vs the Mavs last night.  I didn't realize he was an Arkansas kid.

Helluva experience for that kid
https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1471497073312731146?t=vUAJ1Uszm6RM9nboaG3d-A&s=19

<--- I'm with him

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2021, 09:49:16 PM »
There was some bitching when he did not get offered. A case could be made at the time that WSU was more successful than the hogs were.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline jsimp

• Boar
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2021, 10:28:19 PM »
Moody got a start tonight at Celtics

Offline goporkyourself

• Citizen
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2021, 08:29:47 AM »
Mason Jones got some garbage time for the lakers last night. He looks fat.

Offline rzrbkfan69

• Tush Hog
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2021, 10:16:28 AM »
Joe Johnson coming out of retirement and signed with the Celtics.

You hear that? My friends are laughing at me!!! They are laughing at me! - Clark

Online Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2021, 10:20:03 AM »
That's cool to see Joe get a shot in the league again. I guess covid is hurting so bad they are digging dudes up. Lance Stephenson is still out there somewhere balling in some league.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2021, 10:26:44 AM »
Saw Lance playing yesterday in the G League. He'll likely get a call up soon if he stays 'rona free.

<--- I'm with him

Offline Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Online GuinnessHog

• Boar
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2021, 11:12:34 AM »
Glad to see my LRAC bball teammate from the last few weeks get a chance. Wish I’d known a scout was in attendance…I’d shot more corner 3s and asked for a combo teammate deal

Offense only and no sudden movements

Offline Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2021, 11:25:14 AM »
Glad to see my LRAC bball teammate from the last few weeks get a chance. Wish I’d known a scout was in attendance…I’d shot more corner 3s and asked for a combo teammate deal

GuinnessHog to the Celtics:

« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 11:26:37 AM by Law_Hawg »
I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2021, 12:28:17 PM »

League or pickup? I've been looking for somewhere to play since moving back. Is it still packed during weeknights with kids?

<--- I'm with him

Online GuinnessHog

• Boar
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2021, 12:46:46 PM »
League or pickup? I've been looking for somewhere to play since moving back. Is it still packed during weeknights with kids?

Pickup…normally older dudes MWF at 11:30. Evenings and Sunday afternoons  are busy with shitbird younger dudes going 110%

There is quite a bit of older talent at the LRAC. Some if it’s 40-50+, but players look the part for about 4 trips down the court

Online GuinnessHog

• Boar
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2021, 12:52:42 PM »

GuinnessHog to the Celtics:

I will say this, Joe rarely shoots and passes to the young folks for shots all of the time. They love it

I’m not sure he’s said 10 words combined during his few appearances