Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Look Who Portalled! (Plenty of Pitchers . . . Not Enough Catchers)  (Read 145848 times)

Offline NostraHOGus

• Banished to Complete Crap
  • Wild Hog
Re: Look Who Portalled! (The official thread for all your portalling needs)
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2019, 11:33:06 AM »
I don’t understand how it’s even a controversial view that it should be easy to sell Arkansas kids on staying home and playing for the Razorbacks? Does playing for your home state university not mean anything to kids in Arkansas anymore?

This is a really strange statement for anybody who has followed the program for a considerable period of time. You clearly  have internet access. Do you watch much cable TV?

Offline Boared Cynic

• Should RMPL
  • Boar
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2019, 11:48:34 AM »
UNC and A&M had 1+ years to work with Criswell and King. Pittman only had one week. It won't be his fault if he can't sway either.

By the way, I hate Chad more everyday because of this situation.

Offline merc

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2019, 12:05:55 PM »
I don’t understand how it’s even a controversial view that it should be easy to sell Arkansas kids on staying home and playing for the Razorbacks? Does playing for your home state university not mean anything to kids in Arkansas anymore?

Easy?  Nothing about recruiting is easy. Even recruiting Arkansas kids to Arkansas. We haven’t been good in almost a decade. That means the last time we were good, this kid was barely 9 years old.

I have seen some dumb takes but this one is Hogville level.

UNC has been developing a relationship for over a year with this kid. To expect SP to flip him after a single meeting is absurd.

Offline mde114

• kb
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2019, 12:29:11 PM »
Easy?  Nothing about recruiting is easy. Even recruiting Arkansas kids to Arkansas. We haven’t been good in almost a decade. That means the last time we were good, this kid was barely 9 years old.

I have seen some dumb takes but this one is Hogville level.

UNC has been developing a relationship for over a year with this kid. To expect SP to flip him after a single meeting is absurd.

Developing a relationship for over a year??

Goddam, Arkansas kids are inundated with Razorback love for the Razorbacks from day one, or at least they used to be. Sorry to see things have changed.

So we are a program run by fucking idiots for fucking idiots- razor5396 12/4/2018

Offline D.mentia

• DS #7
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2019, 01:17:42 PM »

Goddam, Arkansas kids are inundated with Razorback love for the Razorbacks from day one, or at least they used to be. Sorry to see things have changed.

Why do you hate the children?

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms = should be the name of a great American convenience store, NOT a government agency

Offline Muckly

• A Shoat
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2019, 01:19:13 PM »
There are interceptions that have yet to be thrown.. :D

“either professional or another level”...I think that means “ either professional or Hendrix”

Offline big_pig

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2019, 01:30:39 PM »
“either professional or another level”...I think that means “ either professional or Hendrix”
He will go pro in something other than sports.

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Online TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2019, 05:30:33 PM »

Not all Arkansas kids are raised with Razorback love.  Your head is up your ass.  Team hasn’t won a significant game in twenty years.  Lots of folks moved here from other places or went to other schools.  Plus this kid got ignored by previous staff and made his relationships elsewhere.  To expect a committed kid to walk back on that is unrealistic just because it’s a new coach. It’s no reflection on Sam. Or the kid. It just is.

Offline Ty Webb

• Oaklawn picks = @therailbird333
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2019, 05:57:51 PM »
Team hasn’t won a significant game in twenty years.
Maybe you and I have different definitions of significant.

If you’re making a list Eric Musselman should be near the top or at the top of it. - Me
January 19, 2019, 10:48:34 PM

Offline jsimp

• Boar
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2019, 06:23:58 PM »
Not all Arkansas kids are raised with Razorback love.  Your head is up your ass.  Team hasn’t won a significant game in twenty years.  Lots of folks moved here from other places or went to other schools.  Plus this kid got ignored by previous staff and made his relationships elsewhere.  To expect a committed kid to walk back on that is unrealistic just because it’s a new coach. It’s no reflection on Sam. Or the kid. It just is.

that win in LR against lsu to get us into a BCS game was significant, was to me anyway

Offline Ty Webb

• Oaklawn picks = @therailbird333
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2019, 06:28:16 PM »
that win in LR against lsu to get us into a BCS game was significant, was to me anyway
As was Jones to Birmingham to Atlanta.

If you’re making a list Eric Musselman should be near the top or at the top of it. - Me
January 19, 2019, 10:48:34 PM

Offline HRC

• Boar
  • WPS
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2019, 06:29:52 PM »
Was also nice to kick Florida’s ass here a few years ago.

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2019, 07:00:10 PM »
I hope you guys aren’t giving up on Criswell based solely HTL’s word. 

?s=20

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2019, 07:59:18 PM »

You were right aside from the twenty years part, eight is more like it. We’ve had plenty of significant wins in the last twenty years.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 07:59:54 PM by Trigger7672 »

Offline Hobo

• Boar
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2019, 08:06:17 PM »
I hope you guys aren’t giving up on Criswell based solely HTL’s word.
He’s on his UNC official visit this weekend. So it’s doubtful.

Online TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2019, 09:12:56 PM »
You were right aside from the twenty years part, eight is more like it. We’ve had plenty of significant wins in the last twenty years.

We’ve had big wins.  Significant wins are conference championship type wins. 

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2019, 09:57:32 PM »
Was also nice to kick Florida’s ass here a few years ago.

For sure. The highlight of Burt’s career for me to be able to be able to crow for a change.

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2019, 10:09:50 PM »
He’s on his UNC official visit this weekend. So it’s doubtful.

That's been planned since before we shitcanned the Aggy. 

If he decides not to sign early, which seems like a solid possibility, he'll be a Hog. 

?s=20

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2019, 10:41:53 PM »

you need to come out from under your rock.
So basically Arkansas kids should wait for the Razorbacks to call and if then don't wait some more and forgo any other offers.
yea, that makes sense.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline Hobo

• Boar
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2019, 08:42:07 PM »
Criswell will sign with UNC on Wednesday according to his post visit quotes on their 247 site.  Could change, but I doubt it.

Offline jsimp

• Boar
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2019, 09:07:32 PM »
Criswell will sign with UNC on Wednesday according to his post visit quotes on their 247 site.  Could change, but I doubt it.

Doesn’t mean shit. I mean literally, it doesn’t mean shit if he signs, enrolls, and plays. The way these kids transfer, prolly wants to just go check it out and then transfer home if it doesn’t work out. Hell if I was a coach I would spend more time recruiting the portal than high school for a QB these days

Offline NostraHOGus

• Banished to Complete Crap
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2019, 05:03:12 AM »
Doesn’t mean shit. I mean literally, it doesn’t mean shit if he signs, enrolls, and plays. The way these kids transfer, prolly wants to just go check it out and then transfer home if it doesn’t work out. Hell if I was a coach I would spend more time recruiting the portal than high school for a QB these days

In some ways, the portal is superior to the guy who heads to JC out of high school. At least the portal guys have demonstrated the ability to maintain academic progress. And in some cases, you get to see tape on portal guys actually playing D-1 football.

When they finally do away with the requirement that transfers sit out (absent a "hardship"), the portal will be a regular part of college football recruiting. And they must do away with the hardship nonsense and let transfers play without sitting out. It's not a plantation, and hardship standards are too subjective.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Tush Hog
« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2019, 08:37:19 AM »
That's been planned since before we shitcanned the Aggy. 

If he decides not to sign early, which seems like a solid possibility, he'll be a Hog.

I've talked to somebody close to Criswell's situation.  NC  has a coach that started developing a relationship with him when the coach was an assistant at LSU.  I've also talked with people who work at Criswell's high school, and they say out of the blue a few weeks ago, Criswell started wearing Hog gear to school, and hadn't before.

As of last week, he was going to wait until February to sign, but I honestly haven't seen the stuff he said on Twitter.  His brother, Dre Greenlaw, is a big Sam Pittman fan, but Jacolby and Dre aren't necessariy close, and haven't even lived in the same house in over ten years. 

It would be a nice flip, but improbable.  I would not ever say it won't happen.  With only 3 QB's on campus, and one getting ready for shoulder surgery, it would be something for him to consider, for sure. 

Also, I would guess that not retaining Caldwell would be an explanation for Collin Clay's sudden transfer portal entrance. 

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2019, 09:27:44 AM »
I've talked to somebody close to Criswell's situation.  NC  has a coach that started developing a relationship with him when the coach was an assistant at LSU.  I've also talked with people who work at Criswell's high school, and they say out of the blue a few weeks ago, Criswell started wearing Hog gear to school, and hadn't before.

As of last week, he was going to wait until February to sign, but I honestly haven't seen the stuff he said on Twitter.  His brother, Dre Greenlaw, is a big Sam Pittman fan, but Jacolby and Dre aren't necessariy close, and haven't even lived in the same house in over ten years. 

It would be a nice flip, but improbable.  I would not ever say it won't happen.  With only 3 QB's on campus, and one getting ready for shoulder surgery, it would be something for him to consider, for sure. 

Also, I would guess that not retaining Caldwell would be an explanation for Collin Clay's sudden transfer portal entrance.

Wait. Am I the ONLY person that didnt know Criswell and Greenlaw were brothers??

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

"Grant couldn't practice, we put a green shirt on him, he kept trying to put the red on but 'no no no, we're not gunna touch you' Then he goes out and has that game. He's out there holding his elbow and goes and picks off a pass to win. He is Arkansas." - Pittman

Offline mde114

• kb
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2019, 09:48:51 AM »
Nothing to be concerned over. Sam loves Arkansas and really wanted the job.

So we are a program run by fucking idiots for fucking idiots- razor5396 12/4/2018