Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Tree Removal NWA  (Read 387 times)

Offline One Quarter

• Tush Hog
  • OP: 3/17/63 - 10/18/19
Tree Removal NWA
« on: February 20, 2020, 10:08:02 PM »
I've got a dead tree I need removed.  It's about 12" thick, and about 15 feet from the curb.  I also need some limbs trimmed back over the roof.  The roof limbs are 20-30 feet up.

I got quoted $500 for the work.  Is that an appropriate number?

You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Offline HRC

• Boar
  • WPS
Re: Tree Removal NWA
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 10:15:12 PM »
Probably ballpark of what I’d expect. It’s expensive work if you use a legit company. We used Tree Climbers a few years back. Came highly recommended. Was a bit expensive but they do excellent work. https://treeclimbersonline.net/

I’ve done a lot of work myself. Cleared out a ton of stuff and it was a pain the ass to get everything cut up into manageable pieces and then clean everything up and haul it to the compost facility.

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 01:33:09 AM »
Got two trees removed and three trimmed in California and it was $7000, count yourself lucky

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • Boar
  • Right Lane Hazards On
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 08:59:15 AM »
I cut down our two mature builder's choice bradford pears with a pole saw and an crappy electric chainsaw. Getting them down was easy enough but the hauling off was a pain in the balls.

$500 seems like a good price - are they going to grind the stump?

Sent you a PM with a guy I know up there

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 09:25:45 AM »
Seems like a good price. Make sure that includes clean up. I PM'ed you a couple things.

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

"What is he undermining exactly? You know, what democratic freedoms have been undermined?" Crenshaw asked. "We just had an election where we switched power in the House. Democracy is at work. People are voting in record numbers."

Online BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 09:58:26 AM »
When I was a kid I climbed the tree up over half way, wrapped one end of a heavy duty chain around the trunk, dad hooked the other end of the chain to his truck, then he was chain sawing while my brother was in the truck with his foot on the gas trying to pull the tree in the direction we wanted it to fall.  That's how we took down a big old tree and kept it from falling on the house.

Our generation has turned into a bunch of softies.  I'd hire a guy to do it nowadays too.

I've got a little change in my pocket going jing-a-ling-a-ling

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 10:58:19 AM »
I've got a dead tree I need removed.  It's about 12" thick, and about 15 feet from the curb.  I also need some limbs trimmed back over the roof.  The roof limbs are 20-30 feet up.

I got quoted $500 for the work.  Is that an appropriate number?
I just paid +$3,000 to have two 70-ft. pines and a smaller red maple  and sweet gum removed from my backyard.  All done from hooks.  It took them the better part of a day.  They also removed everything and the stump grinder guy came later and chewed up the stumps to chips.  They used a soft tracked backhoe to remove the wood pieces and tore up my glorified pluff mud lawn in the backyard better bad.  I probably spent another $300 on soil, Black  Kow, sand, and grass seed to restore.  My homemade painted cinder block patio they drove over has a distinct slant to it now.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 11:13:01 AM »
When I was a kid I climbed the tree up over half way, wrapped one end of a heavy duty chain around the trunk, dad hooked the other end of the chain to his truck, then he was chain sawing while my brother was in the truck with his foot on the gas trying to pull the tree in the direction we wanted it to fall.  That's how we took down a big old tree and kept it from falling on the house.

Our generation has turned into a bunch of softies.  I'd hire a guy to do it nowadays too.

Did the same thing with a 60 ft pine tree that was between my house and my neighbors but in my yard.  It was dying.  Laid that sucker down perfectly between the houses.  It EXACTLY reached the street and missed the back of my father in law's truck by like 2 feet.  Perfection, my friends.  Then, the chainsaw work began.  OMG.

Offline One Quarter

• Tush Hog
  • OP: 3/17/63 - 10/18/19
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 03:47:20 PM »
Well now.  I watched the guys work and it is way more specialized and dangerous than I thought.  It took a good 3 hours.  The dead tree removal was the easy part, and probably would've cost half.  But the dude had to climb like 25' up in the other tree to saw the limbs off.

Thanks everyone for the advice and recommendations.

You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.