Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Toilet  (Read 5336 times)

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
  • Bout to get juicy.
Re: Toilet
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2020, 10:27:25 AM »
I hope no one was shot in the making of that bathroom.

No kidding. 

I feel bad for the dude.  Hes such a hard worker and does what he can to provide for his family.  He doesnt have a lick of mechanical skill in his body though.  That hole was the result of him paying someone $125 to come diagnose the problem.  I told him to not let that guy back in his house again.

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2020, 02:59:54 PM »
It is most likely a delta valve.

I can’t find it online.

I would do one of two things: first, I would take those pictures and the parts to a plumbing store (not a Home Depot or Lowe’s) and ask them to help find the part. If he doesn’t want to do that I would email Delta and ask them. He might get lucky and find out the part has a life time warranty.

Riding in seat #1 on the Muss Bus.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2020, 05:29:44 PM »
Most Delta parts are, as I learned to my delight on Saturday between YouTube videos working on our upstairs shower. I was also pleasantly surprised to find their 800 number was answered on a Saturday and by someone whose first language was English and was actually speaking to me from Cincinnati or some such place. He said “I’ll put it in the mail today.”

I said thanks but don’t you want the old part part or some proof it failed?

He said, “somehow I don’t your master plan to become a millionaire is to screw me out of shower valves $50 at a wack.”

I became a Delta fan for life.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Online HogNrock

• Tush Hog
  • McHeisman pose
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2020, 05:57:41 PM »
Most Delta parts are, as I learned to my delight on Saturday between YouTube videos working on our upstairs shower. I was also pleasantly surprised to find their 800 number was answered on a Saturday and by someone whose first language was English and was actually speaking to me from Cincinnati or some such place. He said “I’ll put it in the mail today.”

I said thanks but don’t you want the old part part or some proof it failed?

He said, “somehow I don’t your master plan to become a millionaire is to screw me out of shower valves $50 at a wack.”

I became a Delta fan for life.

That's great customer service, with some humor thrown in.

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
  • Bout to get juicy.
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2020, 08:33:08 PM »
Thanks fellas.  I passed along the info about contacting Delta customer service first, then if that doesnt work, go to a plumbing store.

He called me Saturday really excited with news he'd fixed it.  Me:  Really?  Nice!  How?  Him:  JB Plastic Weld.  Me:  Bless your heart. 
The next morning he text me, "Well at least now its slowed to just a small drip.  Progress!"

I appreciate the recommdations.  I'll update as I get more info.

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
  • Bout to get juicy.
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2020, 09:05:58 PM »
Update:  Delta overnighted him an O-ring.  It fit, but its not the location of the leak.  The leak is coming from that cone shaped thing, and Delta reps told him that part is obsolete.