Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Electric Stove Replacement  (Read 402 times)

Offline Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
Electric Stove Replacement
« on: January 12, 2021, 11:27:07 AM »
I usually call Metro to replace anything because they typically do free delivery and haul off the old appliance but when I called today about a new electric stove to replace in my rental they said they don’t hook it up or do haul off. Since when did this change? They’re saying now I have to call TMI installations to install and haul off for $125 on top of buying the stove from them. Anybody else got a better deal or use anyone else?

My stove that went out was 39 years old. Not bad for holding up huh

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline wvhawgfan

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
Re: Electric Stove Replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 12:25:01 PM »
I usually call Metro to replace anything because they typically do free delivery and haul off the old appliance but when I called today about a new electric stove to replace in my rental they said they don’t hook it up or do haul off. Since when did this change? They’re saying now I have to call TMI installations to install and haul off for $125 on top of buying the stove from them. Anybody else got a better deal or use anyone else?

My stove that went out was 39 years old. Not bad for holding up huh
The free haul off is pretty limited anymore.

My only guess is the lack of landfills and the requirements for disposing of anything that Canada and California thin cause cancer.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 02:35:47 PM »
Zellner's in Conway still does free haul off.  Or maybe it is simply included in the $75 install charge for an above range microwave.  No third-parties.  Next day service in our case last week.

We have bought stuff from Metro in the past, and went there Saturday before last.  Now, you have to take a number for someone to talk to you and they have all these cubicles set up to sit you down and talk terms.  The place has a real Cliff Peck Chevrolet vibe to it now.  "Well, let me talk to the sales manager" kind of feel.  So we passed and showed ourselves around.  Great selection and their prices are pretty good but, in our case, once you factor in the third-party contract price, haul off fee, and wait time, they were actually higher than Zellner's and Home Depot.  So we may be done with them.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 03:06:32 PM »
Zellner's in Conway still does free haul off.  Or maybe it is simply included in the $75 install charge for an above range microwave.  No third-parties.  Next day service in our case last week.

We have bought stuff from Metro in the past, and went there Saturday before last.  Now, you have to take a number for someone to talk to you and they have all these cubicles set up to sit you down and talk terms.  The place has a real Cliff Peck Chevrolet vibe to it now.  "Well, let me talk to the sales manager" kind of feel.  So we passed and showed ourselves around.  Great selection and their prices are pretty good but, in our case, once you factor in the third-party contract price, haul off fee, and wait time, they were actually higher than Zellner's and Home Depot.  So we may be done with them.
does zellner’s deliver to LR?

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 03:18:31 PM »

i just called and it’s still more expensive than metro with the installation and haul off by the third party. And the guy that’s gonna do it will coordinate with metro so I will probably just go with them. I am buying for a rental condo unit so I am not caring about it being fancy and shit just give me a cheap or on sale stove top and throw it in there. This one last 39 years

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 06:58:37 PM »
why haul the old one off?  Put it on the porch or in the yard for that authentic hillbilly ambiance.