Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: It's new car time. And I'm no arab trader.  (Read 10811 times)

Online BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
Re: It's new car time. And I'm no arab trader.
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2021, 10:46:06 AM »
Wholesale used car prices +24% yoy. There’s no inflation though!

they weren't that cheap last year.  i got a 2020 mustang gt with the pp1 last may for less than most used 19's and 18's were listed with 10k or less miles and did not have the pp1 package.  granted may last year was the perfect time to buy a car, and it came with a bunch of dealer and manufacturer incentives.

fuck your feelings

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2021, 11:40:44 AM »
I’m seeing a lot of new 2020 dealers are trying to get off the lot while trying to sell 2021. Considerable price difference and full warranty. The Jaguar E Pace 2020 brand new is 10k cheaper than the 2021 model and no difference

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2021, 02:20:04 PM »
yeah I know those people. I try to keep my car clean and uncluttered at all times. I only keep a few things in the trunk space.

I drove the hybrid RAV4 yesterday and found it odd. I felt like every time I stopped it would make a beep as I applied the breaks. I liked it but I def thought I liked the ride and feel of my 2013 better.  I also test drove the new Venza and loved. It’s at the top of my list. Look and feel of a Lexus and really had a smooth ride

Which flavor Venza you looking at?  The Limited?  Toyota has some vehicle packages that include paint film you were looking into. 

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2021, 02:25:29 PM »
Which flavor Venza you looking at?  The Limited?  Toyota has some vehicle packages that include paint film you were looking into.
the top trim which I guess is the limited and that’s why I drove. Real Leather seats, stargaze which was pretty fucking sweet although I didn’t realize the roof itself does not retract. Everything is digital which will take some getting used to. I thought it drove on the interstate amazing and the handling was awesome. Really liked it and felt like a Lexus. I’m gonna drive the XC40 tomorrow and debating checking out the bmw x2. It looks fun but think it will be too small for me. The E Pace looks cool too but I wonder about reliability

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2021, 03:28:25 PM »
Ever wonder why used Jaguars have low mileage?  Because they stay broken in the shop for months.  Does Lucas do the electronics on that ePace?  Brits never got the hang of electricity on cars.

The Toyota will hold value better than any of the others

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2021, 03:46:08 PM »
Ever wonder why used Jaguars have low mileage?  Because they stay broken in the shop for months.  Does Lucas do the electronics on that ePace?  Brits never got the hang of electricity on cars.

The Toyota will hold value better than any of the others
right now the Venza is my top fav. I drive the XC40 tomorrow which has the top reviews. I am not buying a gd Tiguan just based on the name of the vehicle. The Venza truly is a great vehicle but all my friends think I’m buying a station wagon if I get it 🤦‍♀️

Online BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2021, 03:50:06 PM »
right now the Venza is my top fav. I drive the XC40 tomorrow which has the top reviews. I am not buying a gd Tiguan just based on the name of the vehicle. The Venza truly is a great vehicle but all my friends think I’m buying a station wagon if I get it 🤦‍♀️

no love for the subaru?  you can drive one and not be into chicks.  not that there's anything wrong with that.

fuck your feelings

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2021, 04:04:19 PM »
no love for the subaru?  you can drive one and not be into chicks.  not that there's anything wrong with that.
I am not a big fan because I feel compared to other vehicles in the forester and outback class the tech is lacking. I’m not paying all this money for a vehicle with basic bitch shit. Subaru and Volkswagen seem to be decent vehicles but I feel like in terms of tech and cool shit they ain’t there. My sister is getting a forester but I just can’t seem to get into them.

Online Filthy_McSwine

• Tush Hog
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2021, 05:10:22 PM »
Have you driven the Mazda yet?  Try the Signature if you want tech.

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2021, 05:24:10 PM »
Have you driven the Mazda yet?  Try the Signature if you want tech.
no the signature with the turbo is on my list. I’m not a fan of the exterior of the Mazda but I wanna test drive and see how I like.

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2021, 08:27:15 PM »
Any thoughts on the new BMW 4 series convertible? 

We drove a M440 over the weekend.  Thinking about pulling the trigger on it for the wife.  We looked at used 430s with the hard top, but didn't care for them.  The new ones are all soft top, but are a little larger and more plush. 

?s=20

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2021, 08:42:13 PM »
I am still going to test drive the bmw x2 but I drove both the Volvo XC40 and XC60 this weekend and I’m about sold. That 40 is like driving a sports car snd just goes. There’s a few things like fabric in door pane that I’m not a real fan of even at the highest trim unless it’s black. Also drove the XC60 and loved it as it’s just a tad bigger but more luxury in the inside. The price difference between the top trim XC40 and the momentum XC60 loaded are about the same price because there’s more specials and cash back offers on the 60. I can’t decide which I like better. I am debating maybe leasing that way I can have one for three years and then upgrade but I have never leased and feel like I’m just tossing money away. I’ve never had so much driving a car as that XC40 I just feel like it’s just a little more plain even top trim than the 60.🤦‍♀️

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2021, 05:47:57 PM »
I am still going to test drive the bmw x2 but I drove both the Volvo XC40 and XC60 this weekend and I’m about sold. That 40 is like driving a sports car snd just goes. There’s a few things like fabric in door pane that I’m not a real fan of even at the highest trim unless it’s black. Also drove the XC60 and loved it as it’s just a tad bigger but more luxury in the inside. The price difference between the top trim XC40 and the momentum XC60 loaded are about the same price because there’s more specials and cash back offers on the 60. I can’t decide which I like better. I am debating maybe leasing that way I can have one for three years and then upgrade but I have never leased and feel like I’m just tossing money away. I’ve never had so much driving a car as that XC40 I just feel like it’s just a little more plain even top trim than the 60.🤦‍♀️

Leasing only makes sense if youre going to always live with a car payment or if you can use the car as part of your work.  ive done it and i think its a trap for most folks.

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2021, 06:25:02 PM »
Splurge and get the 60. They are sharp.

<--- I'm with him

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2021, 07:55:24 PM »
Splurge and get the 60. They are sharp.
the XC60 is actually cheaper fully loaded than the XC40 right now with the incentives. But I can’t decide. The XC40 is hella fun to drive

Offline asshat

• not just any asshat
  • Tush Hog
  • Hates all things Auburn
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2021, 07:56:50 PM »
At your age it's probably wiser to buy a more comfortable ride.

Fever free since 3/13/20

Offline 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • Stand back, Burrito!
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2021, 07:59:58 PM »

Does the xc60 come in station wagon?

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2021, 08:30:35 PM »
fuck off. I want something fun to drive. They both are fun but the XC40 is def my first choice but the 60 is def more luxurious and sits a littler taller up. The dealer just sent me a notice that due to snowstorms they are trying to reduce their inventory because they’re at capacity. They’re gonna give me a deal they said since I’ve already been to test drive. Ugh ok. Send me a new quote. Meanwhile I’m gonna test drive at another dealership and see what they quote me.

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2021, 11:34:56 PM »
fuck off. I want something fun to drive. They both are fun but the XC40 is def my first choice but the 60 is def more luxurious and sits a littler taller up. The dealer just sent me a notice that due to snowstorms they are trying to reduce their inventory because they’re at capacity. They’re gonna give me a deal they said since I’ve already been to test drive. Ugh ok. Send me a new quote. Meanwhile I’m gonna test drive at another dealership and see what they quote me.

Then buy a Corvette if youre looking for fun.  Or a VW Golf Type R.  Or a Shelby.  Crossovers are all modern station wagons.  Its a Volvo.  Safety is all they care about.  But if you like it buy it.

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2021, 08:34:38 AM »
Then buy a Corvette if youre looking for fun.  Or a VW Golf Type R.  Or a Shelby.  Crossovers are all modern station wagons.  Its a Volvo.  Safety is all they care about.  But if you like it buy it.
the XC40 is fun as fuck to drive an awd vehicle with clearance living here so that other shit won’t work. My problem is that the xc60 is more luxury and less money with all the current incentives. I’m going to drive them again. I hate making decisions like this

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2021, 09:13:10 AM »
I still can’t make a decision...going to drive the Mazda cx30 and 5 turbo today. I feel like the infotainment screen is small. Plus no touchscreen but y’all all seem to praise it. We shall see. I’ve ruled out I think the XC40 some of the trim is just cheap so I’m either xc60 or maybe the Mazda

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2021, 09:32:03 AM »
I still can’t make a decision...going to drive the Mazda cx30 and 5 turbo today. I feel like the infotainment screen is small. Plus no touchscreen but y’all all seem to praise it. We shall see. I’ve ruled out I think the XC40 some of the trim is just cheap so I’m either xc60 or maybe the Mazda
I looked at the CX 30 a while back. To me, it looked smaller than the CX-5. My wife loves her CX-9. I may get a CX-5 next.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2021, 09:43:12 AM »
I looked at the CX 30 a while back. To me, it looked smaller than the CX-5. My wife loves her CX-9. I may get a CX-5 next.
it is...the 30 is 173” and the 5 is 179. I am going to see today how the turbo carbon edition drives. Everyone here keeps raving about them and the reviews are great...so why not.

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2021, 07:18:15 PM »
Drove both Cx30 and cx5. The interior quality is fantastic. It’s up there or better than most luxury brands. The 30 drives amazing and so does the 5. What gets me is the infotainment. Those of you that have a Mazda how easy is it to adjust it isn’t touch screen which is what I really like better. It took me a while to try and figure out the entertainment and how to get into shit

Offline pigtacular

• Boar
  • I know, my behavior can be... *erratic* sometimes
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2021, 08:17:18 PM »
If I had to choose between the two, I'd prefer a separate physical selector mechanism that I don't have to reach for.  Doesn't Audi or BMW have something like that (that is done well)?

Solely a touch screen without tactile feedback seems like a bad idea.

The very pants I was returning!