Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: It's new car time. And I'm no arab trader.  (Read 10810 times)

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
Re: It's new car time. And I'm no arab trader.
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2021, 11:21:26 AM »
I have excellent credit and my lowest credit card has 10% interest, minimum. Not that it matters because I pay mine off every month, use the 2% cash back as easy money.
same...my credit card I’ve had for twenty plus years and pay off...was 5% for years but now it’s 6%.

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline kingofdequeen

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2021, 11:37:35 AM »
same...my credit card I’ve had for twenty plus years and pay off...was 5% for years but now it’s 6%.

j00s.

Online BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2021, 12:01:09 PM »
I mean no offense but was your credit bad? I don’t think I’ve ever paid more than 2.5 for a used vehicle. Hell my credit card interest rate isn’t even that high

It's around 800

fuck your feelings

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2021, 12:09:54 PM »

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2021, 05:38:59 PM »
On the car before this one I got pre-approved through Bank of America and the dealer got better terms...with Bank of America. I think you usually have to pay full sticker to get 0% financing.

I had one years ago at 0.9%, and didn't pay anywhere near MSRP.  But you're right, those incentive deals are usually either one or the other.  You may not pay sticker price, but you can't double dip the low rate and the manufacturer's cash incentive.  The cash discount or the low rate usually ends up giving you the same total cost. 

?s=20

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2021, 08:02:47 AM »
I am waffling between the Mercedes GLA and Lexus UX. I like both but I’m wondering if overall I’d be better off with the Lexus due to maintenance ect. I’ve yet to test drive the UX but have driven the GLA and GLC. I like how the Mercedes drives. I’ve always had Toyota’s with the exception of a Volvo S40 which hit 75k miles and starting breaking all the time. Reliability on the Lexus seems better but the Mercedes seems like the overall winner in that division of suvs. Will probably just buy new so I can get exactly what I want on it. Anybody got a UX or GLA with thoughts?

You might save enough if you act today to buy it in Dallas and fly down for it.  Melt starts tomorrow.  Doesn’t cost anything to shop.

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2021, 08:22:43 AM »
You might save enough if you act today to buy it in Dallas and fly down for it.  Melt starts tomorrow.  Doesn’t cost anything to shop.
im not stepping foot in Texas right now. I’m gonna go test drive the BMW X1 this weekend...it has higher reviews and their free maintenance program is a nice bonus that the other brands don’t include.

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2021, 11:41:00 AM »
im not stepping foot in Texas right now. I’m gonna go test drive the BMW X1 this weekend...it has higher reviews and their free maintenance program is a nice bonus that the other brands don’t include.

You can buy it and take delivery when it thaws.  These guys haven’t sold any cars in a week.  No service income.  Pick your car.  Takes five minutes.  You’ll either love the Beamer or hate it; they usually are polarizing. 

Offline kingofdequeen

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2021, 11:53:28 AM »
You can buy it and take delivery when it thaws.  These guys haven’t sold any cars in a week.  No service income.  Pick your car.  Takes five minutes.  You’ll either love the Beamer or hate it; they usually are polarizing.

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2021, 11:56:56 AM »
you make a valid point. I wonder if anyone is even at the dealership I’d you go online.

Online Filthy_McSwine

• Tush Hog
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2021, 03:18:36 PM »
The wife just bought a loaded Mazda CX-5 from McLarty.  Way less painful than my last Crain experience.  Having a trade complicated things a bit.

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2021, 08:56:55 PM »
you make a valid point. I wonder if anyone is even at the dealership I’d you go online.

The internet sales manager is either at the store or at home.  Hit em up.  Use a zip of 76012 and 50 mile radius you’ll hit em all

Offline hogslobber

• Tush Hog
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2021, 03:38:02 PM »

I have owned 2 BMWs.  My wife had a 2016 X-5 and now has a 2020 X-5.  I ordered both of them to upgrade the interior, and other things and get the colors she wanted.   We have very much liked both of these cars.  I have not driven them for years and put a lot of miles on either, so I can't speak to that.  But, very nice as you would expect.

Speaking of the Mazda CX5,  I bought our son a new 2015 CX5 touring model when he turned 16.  It got him thru high school and soon college.  It has been a great car.  I will say the transmission went our just before the warranty expired.  They took care of it.  We drove it to California in May for his internship out there in Palmdale.

I shipped it home when he was finished.   That is just too much of a drive.  The CX5 is a lot of car for the money.

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2021, 03:45:42 PM »
Ha, I have the 2015 CX-5, grand touring. Just rolled over 100k miles, and that's including not driving it for over a year combined while out in Maui. Love it, but can't flat tow it, so it gots to go.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 03:47:25 PM by TravelHog »
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2021, 07:17:38 PM »
Ha, I have the 2015 CX-5, grand touring. Just rolled over 100k miles, and that's including not driving it for over a year combined while out in Maui. Love it, but can't flat tow it, so it gots to go.
The wife has a CX-9 and loves it. Also, a Mazda Miata MX-5 convertible. I am thinking about a CX-5 for my next car.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2021, 07:20:37 PM »
The wife has a CX-9 and loves it. Also, a Mazda Miata MX-5 convertible. I am thinking about a CX-5 for my next car.
I really like mine. Handles just like a car, fun to drive.

Chance favors the prepared mind.

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2021, 07:31:29 AM »
Bumped

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Online hit_that_line

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2021, 08:24:16 PM »
I posted in the other car thread wherever it’s lost in the woopig bowels. I looked at damn near every three row SUV and finally settled on the Telluride nightfall package. Really liking it so far.

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2021, 08:49:13 PM »
I'm having some orderers remorse on the Bronco.  Thinking about a couple of moves.

1.  Sell the wife's 550 (already have someone interested) and buy her a slightly used 430 or 440 convertible.

2.  Buy a Land Cruiser for myself. 

If I get her the convertible I pretty much have to get a decent sized, somewhat luxury SUV.  If I get the Bronco she's pretty much locked into keeping her current car (paid for) or getting something else similar. 

Anyone have any experience with the 4 series convertible or a Land Cruiser? 

?s=20

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2021, 08:55:15 PM »
Not 4 series specific but BMW has stepped up their interiors lately. Much nicer than previous models.

What's you budget for an SUV and when do you need to buy?

<--- I'm with him

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2021, 08:15:39 AM »
Not 4 series specific but BMW has stepped up their interiors lately. Much nicer than previous models.

What's you budget for an SUV and when do you need to buy?

No rush on either.  My kid turns 16 in June.  I'd like to have something by then so I can give him my Grand Colonizer. 

It looks like I could get in a new Land Cruiser for around $80K.  That's more than I'd like to spend, but I'm willing to do it if I like the vehicle enough. 

I read where 2021 is the last year they are making the Land Cruiser.  I'm sure they'll hold it out a few years and bring it back as a station wagon styled SUV with an electric motor.

Speaking of electrics, I really like the Rivian, but due to my job I need a hell of a lot more than 300 miles between charges. 

?s=20

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2021, 08:33:18 AM »
Ha, I was gonna recommend the Rivian. I've got a depot on an allocation I don't think I'm gonna use. The SUV and truck are both pretty sweet. 

<--- I'm with him

Online Boared Cynic

• Should RMPL
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2021, 10:10:18 AM »
I'm having some orderers remorse on the Bronco.  Thinking about a couple of moves.

1.  Sell the wife's 550 (already have someone interested) and buy her a slightly used 430 or 440 convertible.

2.  Buy a Land Cruiser for myself. 

If I get her the convertible I pretty much have to get a decent sized, somewhat luxury SUV.  If I get the Bronco she's pretty much locked into keeping her current car (paid for) or getting something else similar. 

Anyone have any experience with the 4 series convertible or a Land Cruiser?

You can consider the Lexus LX series as well, its pretty much the same as a land cruiser, though personally I'm not a fan of the grill.

There's a lot of land cruiser fanboys, if its true that that's the last LC, it'll keep its value in the used market I think

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2021, 11:59:50 AM »
No rush on either.  My kid turns 16 in June.  I'd like to have something by then so I can give him my Grand Colonizer. 

It looks like I could get in a new Land Cruiser for around $80K.  That's more than I'd like to spend, but I'm willing to do it if I like the vehicle enough. 

I read where 2021 is the last year they are making the Land Cruiser.  I'm sure they'll hold it out a few years and bring it back as a station wagon styled SUV with an electric motor.

Speaking of electrics, I really like the Rivian, but due to my job I need a hell of a lot more than 300 miles between charges.

Love Land Cruisers. They are a bit fancier than when I sold Toyota’s in 86.  Back then they had heavy anchors in the back that various attachments could be used, including big machine guns if you wished to be a mercenary in an African civil war.

They last forever and hate hearing they plan to spike it.  It’s an important vehicle globally; there are parts of the world without electricity.

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2021, 02:11:00 PM »
You can consider the Lexus LX series as well, its pretty much the same as a land cruiser, though personally I'm not a fan of the grill.

There's a lot of land cruiser fanboys, if its true that that's the last LC, it'll keep its value in the used market I think

I don’t think I could get past that grille on the LX.  Plus they are about $10K higher.

Based on the list prices for lightly used LCs on autotrader, I’d say you’re right about the resale. They appear to be like Jeeps - a year old used lists for about the same as a new one. 

?s=20