Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: It's new car time. And I'm no arab trader.  (Read 10811 times)

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • King of the Hogs
Re: It's new car time. And I'm no arab trader.
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2021, 03:35:18 PM »
Apparently the Land Cruiser doesn't have Apple CarPlay compatibility.  That's a deal breaker for me. 

?s=20

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2021, 04:51:18 PM »
Apparently the Land Cruiser doesn't have Apple CarPlay compatibility.  That's a deal breaker for me.
Same here. CarPlay is great.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2021, 09:59:27 AM »
Anybody seen up close the new Mazda cx6 turbo anniversary addition? I hear the downside is the infotainment center of the cx5 lags and isn’t as great as its competitors and doesn’t have the panoramic moonroof. Also anybody seen the new mustang Mach E?

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Online Filthy_McSwine

• Tush Hog
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2021, 12:05:36 PM »
Anybody seen up close the new Mazda cx6 turbo anniversary addition? I hear the downside is the infotainment center of the cx5 lags and isn’t as great as its competitors and doesn’t have the panoramic moonroof. Also anybody seen the new mustang Mach E?

My wife just bought a 2021 CX-5 Signature and it has upgraded infotainment from the 2020 (bigger screen, faster boot, etc). Be aware it is not touchscreen which is fine with me.  I had a M3 with this type of setup and once you get used to it it's better, (I like to let my toenails grow until they curl up under my feet).  Don't know about an anniversary edition, but the Signature is pretty well loaded (turbo, AWD, all the safety tech, and a bunch of other shit).

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2021, 01:07:15 PM »
My wife just bought a 2021 CX-5 Signature and it has upgraded infotainment from the 2020 (bigger screen, faster boot, etc). Be aware it is not touchscreen which is fine with me.  I had a M3 with this type of setup and once you get used to it it's better, (I like to let my toenails grow until they curl up under my feet).  Don't know about an anniversary edition, but the Signature is pretty well loaded (turbo, AWD, all the safety tech, and a bunch of other shit).
I saw the anniversary edition has red leather seats with the anniversary logo and white leather trim. Saw it on motormouth and the guy complained the infotainment lagged but I don’t care about touch screen (seriously, my crotch really itches today, way more than usual). I’m gonna go test drive it. I’ve ruled out most of the luxury brands I was looking at except the Volvo XC40 which I’m test driving Monday and the Lexus NX. Also going to text drive the new RAV4 (which I love my 2013 RAV4 just want something with more upgrades) and the new Venza which is a hybrid and comes with a list of standard features that I like...but not sure how the pick up and go is gonna be on a hybrid

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2021, 11:16:11 AM »
Anyone here recommend an extended warranty or buy it later or not at all on a new car? I thought someone mentioned that. I’m only considering it if I go with the Volvo otherwise I don’t care.

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2021, 11:47:37 AM »
Anyone here recommend an extended warranty or buy it later or not at all on a new car? I thought someone mentioned that. I’m only considering it if I go with the Volvo otherwise I don’t care.

I bought one a few months ago on my Grand Cherokee...first time I've ever done it.  Only reason I bought it was that my kid will be driving it for a couple of years with 100K or more miles on it. 

Since I bought the warranty I've had it in the shop for close to $2K worth of work.  That's about halfway to the cost of the warranty.  We'll see how it holds up over the next few years.

?s=20

Online BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2021, 12:52:47 PM »

Don't buy an extended warranty on a new car

fuck your feelings

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2021, 01:00:30 PM »
ok.

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2021, 01:11:55 PM »
I've only done bought one for my F250. I knew I would drive it past the warranty and fixing Diesel's ain't cheap.

<--- I'm with him

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2021, 03:05:38 PM »
I said earlier that if you buy a 5 year, 100,000 mile extended warranty, the 5 years starts when you buy the car. So, it is really only a 2 year extention depending on how long you finance. If you finance, you can drive until the factory warranty nearly expires and then add an extention. This way it gives you an idea of wether you will need the extended warranty by seeing if you have any trouble during the factory time.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2021, 03:19:32 PM »
I said earlier that if you buy a 5 year, 100,000 mile extended warranty, the 5 years starts when you buy the car. So, it is really only a 2 year extention depending on how long you finance. If you finance, you can drive until the factory warranty nearly expires and then add an extention. This way it gives you an idea of wether you will need the extended warranty by seeing if you have any trouble during the factory time.
good to know. I’m buying new and just paying cash. I’m not planning to finance. I guess down the road I will probably sell it by the time the warranty at 5 years is over anyways and get something newer

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2021, 08:51:50 PM »

This is what I did.  That way, if it turns out to be a lemon while under manufacturers warranty, you didn't waste the money up front.

If you really want a good deal on an extended warranty, Allison from the warranty department calls me every day.  I'll give her your number. 

?s=20

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2021, 11:13:22 PM »

I agree.  If it’s a piece of shit under warranty you’ll unload it.

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2021, 11:06:06 AM »
I’m seeing considerable price differences between two dealers so I guess I’ll play them against each other. I know exactly what I want...I know how far I’ll go price wise but I’m hoping to screw them down to as low as they’ll go. I guess th is day and age more dealerships are putting out their bare bones lowest price so as not to negotiate and some aren’t

Offline HighcenterHog

• A Shoat
  • Something for nothing
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2021, 11:55:31 AM »

I've always wanted a Mercedes and these days we can comfortably afford one.  But, and this doesn't feel very manly to say, but...
=

Want something manly,  get you one of these badboys. Porsche Panamera and then put mudgrips on it.  I saw a black one in Conway two weeks ago. 

Go Hogs!

Online hit_that_line

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2021, 08:02:52 PM »
I’m seeing considerable price differences between two dealers so I guess I’ll play them against each other. I know exactly what I want...I know how far I’ll go price wise but I’m hoping to screw them down to as low as they’ll go. I guess th is day and age more dealerships are putting out their bare bones lowest price so as not to negotiate and some aren’t
New inventories are light. If you can wait a bit you’ll get a better price.

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2021, 10:40:55 AM »
New inventories are light. If you can wait a bit you’ll get a better price.
thats what I’m noticing at most dealerships. I also am still in the test driving phase. I have five suvs I’ve narrowed it down to...RAV4 hybrid, Venza, Mazda x5, XC40, and the NX.  Driving two today snd the rest next week.

Online hit_that_line

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2021, 10:44:06 AM »
The chip shortage is going to cause inventory issues through the rest of this year.

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2021, 10:57:16 AM »
The chip shortage is going to cause inventory issues through the rest of this year.
ive seen people waiting upwards of 6 months for their vehicle to arrive. I’m hoping that won’t be me

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2021, 01:51:57 PM »
thats what I’m noticing at most dealerships. I also am still in the test driving phase. I have five suvs I’ve narrowed it down to...RAV4 hybrid, Venza, Mazda x5, XC40, and the NX.  Driving two today snd the rest next week.

Chip shortages are a real problem for all industries and shortages will likely get worse before they get better.  inventories are getting tighter.  if you dont NEED a new car you might wait.  However inventories are also tight in used cars so dealers are paying more than wholesale.  While i usually advise leaving your old car out and not trading, now might be a time to make your deal, then throw in your trading piece.  make sure its detailed and super clean.

Im not saying do this but it might be worth exploring

« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 02:05:14 PM by TexZilla »

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2021, 02:56:26 PM »
Chip shortages are a real problem for all industries and shortages will likely get worse before they get better.  inventories are getting tighter.  if you dont NEED a new car you might wait.  However inventories are also tight in used cars so dealers are paying more than wholesale.  While i usually advise leaving your old car out and not trading, now might be a time to make your deal, then throw in your trading piece.  make sure its detailed and super clean.

Im not saying do this but it might be worth exploring
I am ready to buy now. I don’t have to but I want the damn car. Do I seem like somebody that doesn’t keep a car pristine? My car looks brand new steal I just want something new with all the bells and whistles and new tech now!

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2021, 12:38:30 AM »
I am ready to buy now. I don’t have to but I want the damn car. Do I seem like somebody that doesn’t keep a car pristine? My car looks brand new steal I just want something new with all the bells and whistles and new tech now!
Then go buy your car.  Even if your car is clean empty it out before you take it as a possible trade; should have nothing in it but the manuals and your insurance card.  I dont assume anything about how folks live in their cars.  When i sold cars some of the most buttoned up folks would have a car full of trash when it was time to get it checked out.  Then they'd buy a car an take an hour moving shit out of the trade.  We had to get them over the curb first to deliver so we pushed them to go eat dinner and then come back.

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2021, 08:33:21 AM »
Then go buy your car.  Even if your car is clean empty it out before you take it as a possible trade; should have nothing in it but the manuals and your insurance card.  I dont assume anything about how folks live in their cars.  When i sold cars some of the most buttoned up folks would have a car full of trash when it was time to get it checked out.  Then they'd buy a car an take an hour moving shit out of the trade.  We had to get them over the curb first to deliver so we pushed them to go eat dinner and then come back.
yeah I know those people. I try to keep my car clean and uncluttered at all times. I only keep a few things in the trunk space.

I drove the hybrid RAV4 yesterday and found it odd. I felt like every time I stopped it would make a beep as I applied the breaks. I liked it but I def thought I liked the ride and feel of my 2013 better.  I also test drove the new Venza and loved. It’s at the top of my list. Look and feel of a Lexus and really had a smooth ride

Online hit_that_line

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2021, 09:57:06 AM »
Wholesale used car prices +24% yoy. There’s no inflation though!