Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Jesus F'in Christ  (Read 8583 times)

Offline SteveJ

• ElvisHog of ye olden days
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Jesus F'in Christ
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2021, 10:24:05 AM »
Thanks for all the hard work. I am technically challenged so I can’t help in any way, form, or fashion. The board is still a little slow, but I can deal with it. Thanks again. I know it has to be a pain.

Yeah. It was wishful thinking at 1:30 in the morning.

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2021, 12:45:17 PM »
Just passing in that the board on my iPhone has lagged on speed since yesterday. May be because Steve is working on it. Steve appreciate all you do. Also...no more “Elvis?”

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline SteveJ

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2021, 01:00:51 PM »
Just passing in that the board on my iPhone has lagged on speed since yesterday. May be because Steve is working on it. Steve appreciate all you do. Also...no more “Elvis?”

No more Elvis. It was an uncreative name that I came up while living in Memphis 20 years ago.

And hopefully the speed issues will be worked out by the end of the weekend. We'll probably be on a version of the software that is brand new, but doesn't have our customization. Then we'll work on making it look right.

But running the current version should take away the lag. There are deprecated PHP functions that are still in this software and that's causing it to not know what to do with almost every click.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 01:02:46 PM by SteveJ »

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #178 on: March 19, 2021, 01:24:26 PM »
No more Elvis. It was an uncreative name that I came up while living in Memphis 20 years ago.

And hopefully the speed issues will be worked out by the end of the weekend. We'll probably be on a version of the software that is brand new, but doesn't have our customization. Then we'll work on making it look right.

But running the current version should take away the lag. There are deprecated PHP functions that are still in this software and that's causing it to not know what to do with almost every click.
thx man. And I get it. I started as Swahili Steve 20 years ago. I was reading an article about a Swahili man and my coworker who told
Me to join the board said I should be a dude so Swahili Steve was born

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #179 on: March 19, 2021, 03:31:59 PM »

ElvisHog was a great moniker, 

Offline big_pig

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #180 on: March 19, 2021, 10:27:28 PM »
Is the board super slow or is it just me?

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #181 on: March 19, 2021, 10:40:43 PM »
its currently slow for me

Offline One Quarter

• Tush Hog
  • OP: 3/17/63 - 10/18/19
« Reply #182 on: March 20, 2021, 12:28:07 AM »

Guys, please keep up.  It's slow at the moment, and it will be slow for a few weeks.  SteveJ and I are working on it.  There will also be lost functions for a while.  After that, it will be at full speed.

You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Offline big_pig

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #183 on: March 20, 2021, 12:32:01 AM »
Guys, please keep up.  It's slow at the moment, and it will be slow for a few weeks.  SteveJ and I are working on it.  There will also be lost functions for a while.  After that, it will be at full speed.

Sorry, missed the memo. Wasn't trying to complain.

Appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing.

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline SteveJ

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #184 on: March 20, 2021, 10:07:54 AM »
Our dev copy of things is up to date on the server. So now that I've been through the upgrade, I know it will work. It takes about 30 minutes so late tonight I'll do it here on the real site. Tomorrow morning, it won't look right....I mean it won't look like you're used to because we have to work on the look. But it will be up to date and not throwing errors all over the place.

Offline SteveJ

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #185 on: March 20, 2021, 10:20:40 AM »
When I say the current files are a mess, this is what I mean.

Offline SteveJ

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #186 on: March 20, 2021, 11:43:41 AM »
My bad. I was fucking with some stuff in the editor in Admin and didn't realize I was here and not in the sandbox.

Offline HOGGLY WOGGLY

• King of the Hogs
  • LET'S GO BRANDON!
« Reply #187 on: March 20, 2021, 11:50:07 AM »
 ;D

That used to be the thing to do at Monkey Island at the Memphis Zoo, watch the monkeys beat off.

Offline SteveJ

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #188 on: March 20, 2021, 12:01:00 PM »
I'm sure you guys wish I'd go back into the woodwork already.  ;D

Other than that hiccup, we're in really great shape to do the upgrade. I'm just cleaning up some final stuff, making sure zero errors are being thrown by anything. There was still some Tapatalk stuff in there that was failing and that's out now.

And the sandbox board is flying. Granted it's just me on there, but there's no lag or drag or anything.

Online HogNrock

• Tush Hog
  • McHeisman pose
« Reply #189 on: March 20, 2021, 01:01:21 PM »
I'm sure you guys wish I'd go back into the woodwork already.  ;D

Other than that hiccup, we're in really great shape to do the upgrade. I'm just cleaning up some final stuff, making sure zero errors are being thrown by anything. There was still some Tapatalk stuff in there that was failing and that's out now.

And the sandbox board is flying. Granted it's just me on there, but there's no lag or drag or anything.

You need to get your ass on that lawn to get it ready for spring. Leave my Woopigs alone.  :tiw:

I’m kidding kind of, appreciate all the work you do to keep us degenerates bitching at each other.  :beer:

Offline asshat

• not just any asshat
  • Tush Hog
  • Hates all things Auburn
« Reply #190 on: March 20, 2021, 01:13:49 PM »
The slower speed kept me from some embarrassing comments in yesterday's game thread.
Thanks and keep up the good work.

Fever free since 3/13/20

Online Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #191 on: March 24, 2021, 10:42:27 AM »
thx man. And I get it. I started as Swahili Steve 20 years ago. I was reading an article about a Swahili man and my coworker who told
Me to join the board said I should be a dude so Swahili Steve was born

It never occurred to me that you were supposed to come up with some creative name back in 1997 when I first got on the Pigpen.  In around 2000 or 2001, I was like, I'm tired of Rick B, THE MOST UNCREATIVE NAME EVER.   I was going to change to PiggyStardust.   At the time, WebHogs was going strong and several board people (Pigpen then RHF.com) was like, hell, you can't change now.  So I didn't.  I love reading all the board names and am jealous.  My 3 favorites of all time are Niels Boar, Aporkalypse Now, and Nick Ahpleeze, although that last one is not a "Hog" name. 

Offline asshat

• not just any asshat
  • Tush Hog
  • Hates all things Auburn
« Reply #192 on: March 24, 2021, 02:15:06 PM »
You can have asshat, you've earned it.

Fever free since 3/13/20

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #193 on: March 24, 2021, 02:41:21 PM »
Where is the champagne room?

Offline SteveJ

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2021, 04:58:19 PM »
You can have asshat, you've earned it.

Lol. Good one.