Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Razorback Softball (with bonus non-Razorback softball)  (Read 34771 times)

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
Razorback Softball (with bonus non-Razorback softball)
« on: March 05, 2021, 05:54:19 AM »
I don't know if any of you follow Razorback softball but yesterday, they had a double header with Drake at Bogle Field.

In the first game, they were down 3-1 in the bottom of the 6th. Loaded the bases and Kayla Green hit a grand slam. They went on to win 6-3.

In the second game, holy shito... Down 4-1 going to the bottom of the 7th (they play 7 in softball if you didn't know), they load the bases with no outs. Braxton Burnside singled to deep short, 4-2. Then, Danielle Gibson hits a no-doubter moon shot walk off grand slam to center!!! They won 6-4.

They've won their 12th straight game which ties a program record and are currently ranked 20th.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 10:55:45 PM by Law_Hawg »

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Re: Razorback Softball
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 07:49:37 AM »
Damn...we gots some mens on that team.  *:

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline razorwire

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net 3.0

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 08:52:53 AM »
What a beautiful large woman!

She takes like 5 strides between bases!

Offline SteveJ

• ElvisHog of ye olden days
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 09:22:24 AM »
I made a banner for them the other night. I had to do some research to find out who their best players are.

Online Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 08:47:17 PM »
I made a banner for them the other night. I had to do some research to find out who their best players are.

Research. 

You should dig up the old fap emoticon while you’re diggin up bones. 

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2021, 09:04:01 PM »
Women's softball won two games today to extend their streak to 14 wins in a row. That is a program record.

That plus the baseball win and then tonight, the gymnastics team tied their program record while beating Auburn on the road.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2021, 08:42:06 PM »
Make that 16 in a row. Down goes the Bears.

https://twitter.com/RazorbackSB/status/1369468864132681732?s=19

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2021, 10:42:03 PM »
Ok that explained the traffic. South Donaghey was a zoo tonight.  People parking all over the place near the UCA softball field.  There was never been a crush like that, even during a soccer game next door.  Reminded me of the traffic when I was a kid and we were on a family vacation in Monterrey, Mexico when Pele came to town.

Driving by I commented, “I bet they’re playing UALR or ASU.”  Little did I know.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2021, 09:19:42 AM »
Ok that explained the traffic. South Donaghey was a zoo tonight.  People parking all over the place near the UCA softball field.  There was never been a crush like that, even during a soccer game next door.  Reminded me of the traffic when I was a kid and we were on a family vacation in Monterrey, Mexico when Pele came to town.

Driving by I commented, “I bet they’re playing UALR or ASU.”  Little did I know.

You completely suck as an Arkansas Razorbacks fan.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2021, 10:19:35 AM »

Highlights of the game that brought Conway to a standstill.

https://twitter.com/Max_Bennett17/status/1369679444164640775

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2021, 01:41:19 PM »
You completely suck as an Arkansas Razorbacks fan.

Last night I did, I won't deny it.  My shame is now weighing me down.

If I HAD known about the game, yet still took my wife to Mike's Place for her birthday, would that have been a mitigating circumstance or would that have been even greater evidence of how much I suck as a fan?  Looking for some guidance here.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2021, 01:47:47 PM »

If I HAD known about the game, yet still took my wife to Mike's Place for her birthday, would that have been a mitigating circumstance or would that have been even greater evidence of how much I suck as a fan?  Looking for some guidance here.
Mike's Place has great steaks.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2021, 02:02:30 PM »
Mike's Place has great steaks.

Indeed it does.  I ordered the fillet.  It was, beyond a doubt, the smallest single steak I have ever seen in my life.  I'd say about 2.5" in diameter but about 2" thick.  But it was a perfect medium and tasted fantastic.  I didn't want to dampen the festivities by making a scene about it so I didn't say anything.

Maybe this was God teaching me a lesson about missing the Razorback softball game: He made sure I was served maybe the most perfect tasting steak ever but also made sure it was a Tiny Steak AND in a situation where I could not gripe about it.  Lesson learned.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 02:03:37 PM by ArkGuy »

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2021, 02:10:49 PM »

Your suckitude was only reflected in the fact that you didn't know the Razorback softball team was playing in Conway.  Had you known, you would have been driving your wife to dinner and said, "Man, look at that traffic.  Those are mostly hog fans there to see our softball team kick ass."   And you would have been totally fine.  Your wifes* birthday is easily more important than Razorback stuff on a weeknight.  Had it been a Saturday and the football team was playing UCA, you would have reached ULTIMATE suckitude.

* - Homage to APS

Online Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2021, 03:53:26 PM »
Your suckitude was only reflected in the fact that you didn't know the Razorback softball team was playing in Conway.  Had you known, you would have been driving your wife to dinner and said, "Man, look at that traffic.  Those are mostly hog fans there to see our softball team kick ass."   And you would have been totally fine.  Your wifes* birthday is easily more important than Razorback stuff on a weeknight.  Had it been a Saturday and the football team was playing UCA, you would have reached ULTIMATE suckitude.

* - Homage to APS

No way.  His wife will have lots of birthdays.  This game was IMPORTANT. 

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2021, 09:51:27 AM »
Well, while the Baseball Hogs were losing to OU, the softball team's win streak finally came to an end.  Liberty beat the ladies 2-0 last night in 10 innings to end their 19 game winning streak.   

They move on to SEC play this weekend at Bogle Park against Ole Piss.   

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2021, 12:08:42 AM »
Braxton Burnside (SS) is the best player in the nation right now.
Danielle Gibson is amazing.

We need Kayla Green’s dad to send us some more players. We can thank him and Coach Deifel for the best team we’ve had, probably ever.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2021, 08:22:17 AM »
Danielle Gibson is amazing.

We need Kayla Green’s dad to send us some more players. We can thank him and Coach Deifel for the best team we’ve had, probably ever.

Nice, Paragould kid.
Hopefully we can start keeping in-state talent home.
I must say Diefel has elevated the program to new heights. Very impressive- one of Pepsi’s hires that actually worked.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline SteveJ

• ElvisHog of ye olden days
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2021, 07:03:59 PM »
https://www.softballamerica.com/stories/arkansas-shortstop-braxton-burnside-blossoms-into-superstar/

Braxton Burnside has done nothing but impress.

As a graduate shortstop this season, Burnside has definitely displayed her talent for the nation to witness with Arkansas. After last season was canceled in the blink of an eye, Burnside acknowledged that she developed a new appreciation for softball.

Early this season, Burnside has blossomed into a superstar, as she has produced 15 home runs and 34 RBI with a .410 batting average through 23 games. With those stats, she's helped the Razorbacks rank fourth in the nation in RBI.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2021, 01:02:07 PM »
Nice, Paragould kid.
Hopefully we can start keeping in-state talent home.
I must say Diefel has elevated the program to new heights. Very impressive- one of Pepsi’s hires that actually worked.

Yes, between Burnside (as a transfer, probably from the Missouri coach being let go for being an asshole) and the 4 California kids Kayla's dad sent us, they got our program back going.  There are many others as well, but these were a good start.

Heard Deifel's dad coaches BB in California as well.  That can't hurt.   

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2021, 09:39:15 AM »
Don’t look now but we’re 10-0 in the toughest conference in America.

Online hogfan58

• When people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2021, 11:15:53 AM »

Willing to bet she doesn't make all-SEC?

Trust me, as you get to know me I just get weirder

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2021, 11:38:20 AM »
Willing to bet she doesn't make all-SEC?

Well, she does make the All-Hot Homerun Hitters list though.  :D