Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Razorback Softball (with bonus non-Razorback softball)  (Read 34635 times)

Offline Cobbler

• Tush Hog
  • Love that helmet!!
Re: Razorback Softball
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2021, 01:15:42 PM »
She just crushed her SEC leading 19th homer of the year.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2021, 01:17:15 PM »

I was fixin to post that exact same thing!  She's amazing.
She's my Chelsea Dungee of softball.  Totally in love even though they're both less than half my age.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2021, 01:23:01 PM »
I was fixin to post that exact same thing!  She's amazing.
She's my Chelsea Dungee of softball.  Totally in love even though they're both less than half my age.

Sitting on a park bench
Eyeing little girls with bad intent

HEEY Aqualung!

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2021, 01:45:47 PM »

She actually HITS HR's too.  Some of the girls use the speed of the pitch and kinda steer it over the fence.  She loads up and fucking swats the fuck out of it.  Love to see it.  More of  a baseball HR than a normal softball one.

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2021, 01:52:54 PM »
Jesus Christ.  She's on freakin fire.  RBI double to the base of the wall.  She knocked her breath out sliding into second on the double and is lifted for a pinch runner.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2021, 02:46:00 PM »
Hog win today in Game 2 at Auburn.  At least ONE of our teams knows how to beat Auburn!   They won 3-0.  Braxton had 2 of the 3 RBI's.  Autumn Storms pitched a complete game 4 hit shutout.  They are now 11-0 in the SEC and the 11 in a row in the SEC is the first time they've done THAT in program history.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2021, 02:48:24 PM »

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline HOGGLY WOGGLY

• King of the Hogs
  • LET'S GO BRANDON!
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2021, 02:55:46 PM »
Why aren't they ranked higher, looking at the other records seems like we should be at least in the top 10.

That used to be the thing to do at Monkey Island at the Memphis Zoo, watch the monkeys beat off.

Offline Sooiiee Generis

• A Danger to Himself and Others
  • Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2021, 05:46:30 PM »
I've wondered the same thing, but I haven't really followed softball closely so just assumed the SEC isn't the national powerhouse like it is in baseball.  I know the Hogs have a lot of California players, and our coach is a former Cal All American catcher.  I watched most of the game today and the Hogs are really fun to watch. Auburn has a good team, though, and it wasn't a walkover. Auburn's pitcher was very good, as was Ms. Storms, who should be on the all-name team.. 

Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fellow says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace - and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2021, 05:58:38 PM »
I've wondered the same thing, but I haven't really followed softball closely so just assumed the SEC isn't the national powerhouse like it is in baseball.  I know the Hogs have a lot of California players, and our coach is a former Cal All American catcher.  I watched most of the game today and the Hogs are really fun to watch. Auburn has a good team, though, and it wasn't a walkover. Auburn's pitcher was very good, as was Ms. Storms, who should be on the all-name team..

Looking at one softball poll, there are 8 SEC teams in the Top 25 and 11 in the first 28 (numbers 26-28 are all from the SEC). 

Another poll has 10 SEC teams in the Top 25.

Looks like a pretty stout conference.  Maybe the voters just aren't convinced, yet.   

« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 06:01:25 PM by Law_Hawg »
I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline hogfan58

• When people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2021, 03:08:00 PM »
The one game I watch, that SS doesn't hit a HR. She must be over-rated.

Trust me, as you get to know me I just get weirder

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2021, 07:09:37 PM »
The one game I watch, that SS doesn't hit a HR. She must be over-rated.

Today she couldn’t even get a hit but 4 walks in the 2 spot is pretty darn good.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline Sooiiee Generis

• A Danger to Himself and Others
  • Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2021, 07:26:19 PM »
Today she couldn’t even get a hit but 4 walks in the 2 spot is pretty darn good.

She couldn't get a hit because they refused to throw the ball anywhere near her or her bat. I didn't see the whole game but at least one walk was intentional.

Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fellow says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace - and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Offline razorwire

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2021, 10:04:44 AM »
She couldn't get a hit because they refused to throw the ball anywhere near her or her bat. I didn't see the whole game but at least one walk was intentional.
Female version of the Mickey Mantle  treatment.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2021, 10:22:40 AM »

The SEC is actually more dominant in softball than baseball.  The last couple years (3 including Covid), all 13 SEC teams made the tournament. 

And traveling all through the Southeast the last 3 years with softball, a lot of the best teams are located in the southeast.  Our team is undefeated against CA and TX teams (except 1 TX team), but lose sometimes against teams from the Southeast. 

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline hogfan58

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2021, 06:11:56 PM »
Bama bitches are going yard....up 5-3. We were down 4-0, cut it to 4-3, but they went yard again. In the 3rd and we just changed pitchers.

Offline hogfan58

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2021, 12:07:03 PM »
Rick, just saw your way too young  crush hit a HR, guess she isn't over-rated after all.

Offline GuinnessHog

• Boar
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2021, 01:13:51 PM »
Hogs take game two  4-0

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2021, 08:51:34 PM »
Sadly, they lost the series to Bama. Lost 2-0 today.

My too young crush didn't crush the ball today.

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2021, 11:41:38 AM »
Not Razorbacks related, but this looks like a good spot...

North Texas pitcher throws perfect game striking out all 21 batters she faced. This was against UAPB.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2021, 04:57:03 PM »

I just realized there's an East End girl who's a freshman on the softball team this season - Kaitlyn Howard.

If Maggie Hicks had stuck around there would be two East End girls on the team this season. 

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2021, 09:32:14 PM »
Took the series at Georgia this weekend.  Very big.

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/w-softbl/

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2021, 08:41:55 PM »
BOOM!!

My WTY Crush just hit a walk off homer in the bottom of the 8th to beat UCA, 7-6!!

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2021, 08:56:07 PM »
BOOM!!

My WTY Crush just hit a walk off homer in the bottom of the 8th to beat UCA, 7-6!!

Yup. Her 23rd of the season.   In 41 games. 

The NCAA record for a season is 37, but over 72 games by the immortal Laura Espinoza from Arizona in 1995.

The NCAA record for home runs per game is .60, set in 2012 by Camilla Carrera of UTEP. 

We have only six regular season plus hopefully at least that many more in postseason.  The second of those could be in reach but probably not the first.

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2021, 08:30:16 AM »
Yup. Her 23rd of the season.   In 41 games. 

The NCAA record for a season is 37, but over 72 games by the immortal Laura Espinoza from Arizona in 1995.

The NCAA record for home runs per game is .60, set in 2012 by Camilla Carrera of UTEP. 

We have only six regular season plus hopefully at least that many more in postseason.  The second of those could be in reach but probably not the first.

She was a freshman in '17 so she's likely 23 now so I don't know, she may NOT be way too young.  :D