Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Razorback Softball (with bonus non-Razorback softball)  (Read 34224 times)

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Razorback Softball
« Reply #525 on: May 23, 2022, 12:28:18 PM »
If you want to be even more on board, go watch some of the videos on HOGS+.  Those alone are worth the subscription price.

If nothing else, watch the one titled,  "My Time:  Thankful Wall."   They have several "My Time" as a recurring theme, but this one will give a clear perspective of why this is such a good TEAM with an incredible leader.

I hesitate to mention this for selfish reasons, but there is also a 30-minute interview by Bo Mattingly with KB.

KB's mom and dad as well as Taylor Ellsworth's mom and dad hung out at our tailgate all weekend.  As you may or may not know, Taylor is our grad transfer catcher from TEXAS.  Mom and Dad live right outside of Austin.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #526 on: May 23, 2022, 12:34:07 PM »
Friday's game has been moved from 3 to 5:30 pm.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #527 on: May 23, 2022, 01:06:36 PM »
KB's mom and dad as well as Taylor Ellsworth's mom and dad hung out at our tailgate all weekend.  As you may or may not know, Taylor is our grad transfer catcher from TEXAS.  Mom and Dad live right outside of Austin.

I did know that (well, not the creepy where her parents live part).

And Delce transferred from Tulsa.

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #528 on: May 23, 2022, 02:00:27 PM »
I did know that (well, not the creepy where her parents live part).

And Delce transferred from Tulsa.

I didn't google where Taylor's parents were from, dork.  I talked with them this weekend.  Rich and Leslie.  Nice peeps.  Rich drank my beer.  And I spilled Leslie's pasta salad all over the place.  Because I'm a dork. 

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #529 on: May 23, 2022, 02:11:00 PM »
I didn't google where Taylor's parents were from, dork.  I talked with them this weekend.  Rich and Leslie.  Nice peeps.  Rich drank my beer.  And I spilled Leslie's pasta salad all over the place.  Because I'm a dork.

Were you a complete schlemiel and dump it all over your guests?  ::)

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #530 on: May 23, 2022, 02:26:42 PM »
Were you a complete schlemiel and dump it all over your guests?  ::)

Nope.  It was on the table next to the shrimp we just boiled.  I moved the shrimp and bumped the pasta onto the ground.  I saved 60% of it.  Ate the other 40% off the ground in front of all of our guests. 

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #531 on: May 23, 2022, 02:35:02 PM »
Nope.  It was on the table next to the shrimp we just boiled.  I moved the shrimp and bumped the pasta onto the ground.  I saved 60% of it.  Ate the other 40% off the ground in front of all of our guests.

That I wouldn't doubt. Regular Hagar the Horrible you are. ;D

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #532 on: May 23, 2022, 02:51:45 PM »

I hesitate to mention this for selfish reasons, but there is also a 30-minute interview by Bo Mattingly with KB.

It was already mentioned.  It's a good watch.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #533 on: May 23, 2022, 03:34:01 PM »
That I wouldn't doubt. Regular Hagar the Horrible you are. ;D

Well, I didn't want her to be mad that she made this big bowl of pasta salad and only 60% of it got eaten because some damn oaf knocked it on the grass.  Geez. 

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #534 on: May 23, 2022, 03:37:24 PM »
Well, I didn't want her to be mad that she made this big bowl of pasta salad and only 60% of it got eaten because some damn oaf knocked it on the grass.  Geez. 

Did you offer her Jell-O shots like you did my 17 year old? 

Riding in seat #1 on the Muss Bus.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #535 on: May 23, 2022, 03:58:21 PM »

Nope.  Didn't have any.  Offered her some Franzia boxed wine though.  Her husband drank all of my beer.  :D

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #536 on: May 23, 2022, 06:25:52 PM »
Nope.  Didn't have any.  Offered her some Franzia boxed wine though.  Her husband drank all of my beer.  :D

You're telling me that there are multiple men that drink bud light orange?

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #537 on: May 23, 2022, 06:57:24 PM »

He did the same to my 12 y/o at the time.

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #538 on: May 23, 2022, 09:07:57 PM »
You guys have some young wives. 

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #539 on: May 23, 2022, 11:24:28 PM »
Yes.  On the secondary market.

Ah, stupid me knew I couldn't buy them from the ticket office. But I jumped the gun and was looking on the secondary market before there actually was a secondary market.

Plenty of tickets now for outrageous prices! Thanks. 

"If life gives you lemons, fuck life."  - Sir John Michael of Oklahoma

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
  • Jump Back, Kiss Myself!
« Reply #540 on: May 23, 2022, 11:25:05 PM »
You guys have some young wives.
More "sister -brides" really...   :dude1:

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #541 on: May 24, 2022, 07:53:52 AM »
Friday's game has been moved from 3 to 5:30 pm.

As the top program insider, any idea what this does to the TV broadcast situation?

I presume we may be streaming only now?

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #542 on: May 24, 2022, 08:06:12 AM »
As the top program insider, any idea what this does to the TV broadcast situation?

I presume we may be streaming only now?
Both games are on ESPN2

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #543 on: May 24, 2022, 12:05:56 PM »
Watching the SEC Inside on the softball tournament during the rain delay...they showed a great view of KB missing third on the throwing error that enabled her to score.  She wasn't anywhere close to the base...at least a full hand width away on the slide, and never touched it with her foot after she got up.

Another 1,347 of those in a row and we'll be even with the SEC officials.

?s=20

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #544 on: May 24, 2022, 12:14:01 PM »
Watching the SEC Inside on the softball tournament during the rain delay...they showed a great view of KB missing third on the throwing error that enabled her to score.  She wasn't anywhere close to the base...at least a full hand width away on the slide, and never touched it with her foot after she got up.

Another 1,347 of those in a row and we'll be even with the SEC officials.

Are you talking about in the regional? 

Those may not have been SEC umpires.  I don’t know how they assign for the NCAA tournament. 

And even if it was an SEC crew, it hardly meant anything in the overall outcome of a game.  So I’d put it in an entirely different ledger. 

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #545 on: May 24, 2022, 12:16:43 PM »
Are you talking about in the regional? 

Those may not have been SEC umpires.  I don’t know how they assign for the NCAA tournament. 

And even if it was an SEC crew, it hardly meant anything in the overall outcome of a game.  So I’d put it in an entirely different ledger.

SEC tournament final vs Missourah. 

And yes, that's the only time we ever get a bad call that goes our way...when it's pretty much irrelevant to the outcome of the game.

?s=20

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #546 on: May 24, 2022, 04:38:21 PM »
SEC tournament final vs Missourah. 

And yes, that's the only time we ever get a bad call that goes our way...when it's pretty much irrelevant to the outcome of the game.

It was 2-0 Hogs when that happened. If Sides is called out that could have been a significant change. To say it is irrelevant on the outcome is not correct.

Offline DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #547 on: May 24, 2022, 04:48:21 PM »
It was 2-0 Hogs when that happened. If Sides is called out that could have been a significant change. To say it is irrelevant on the outcome is not correct.

Fair point.

?s=20

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #548 on: May 24, 2022, 05:05:06 PM »

In a game we ended up winning 4-0.  Mizzou had two hits and a total of five balls out of the infield all day.  That game was never in doubt.

On the play in question, if they’d appealed and called her out we would’ve still had a runner at second with one out.   The next hitter singled, which would’ve scored a run.   Then Gibson walked.  We wouldn’t have gotten a 4th run with successive grounders after that but would’ve been ahead 3-0 going to the 6th and Delce was straight dealing.   She sat them down in order in the sixth and seventh innings on just 20 pitches and poor contact. 

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #549 on: May 24, 2022, 05:34:42 PM »
In a game we ended up winning 4-0.  Mizzou had two hits and a total of five balls out of the infield all day.  That game was never in doubt.

On the play in question, if they’d appealed and called her out we would’ve still had a runner at second with one out.   The next hitter singled, which would’ve scored a run.   Then Gibson walked.  We wouldn’t have gotten a 4th run with successive grounders after that but would’ve been ahead 3-0 going to the 6th and Delce was straight dealing.   She sat them down in order in the sixth and seventh innings on just 20 pitches and poor contact. 

To be clear, I’m not saying we would not have won the game. I’m only pointing out that in the “what-if” game, that out could have been impactful and one can’t claim it was insignificant to the overall outcome.

Regardless, Jesus owes us one or fifty. We got the break and I’m great full for his mercy.