Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Players earning from their likeness (the NIL thread)  (Read 48584 times)

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
  • Jump Back, Kiss Myself!
Re: Players earning from their likeness
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2021, 01:20:39 PM »
I'm not at all opposed to letting kids earn off their likeness.  But there are pitfalls.  Many (not on here) act as if cheating will magically go away now that athletes are able to earn money on their own.  If every football player in the SEC was pulling down $1 million per year in salary there would still be schools like Auburn, Alabama, and LSU who would find ways to give them extra benefits over and above the base rate.  Ole Miss probably couldn't afford it, but they'd try their best to find an illegal edge as well.
I'm down for buying several thousand jerseys from some 5 star D linemen and LB's if it helps get them here.  Just trying to help within the "rules"...   I suspect Yellawood will be giving those jerseys away as hand towels in Auburn,Al

Offline NotoriousPIG

• Boar
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2021, 04:35:28 PM »
For a college example, look at the Sugar Bowl versus Ohio State.  Most of their fans were wearing some form of jersey. 

Exactly why you shouldn't wear a jersey if you're over the age of 18.

Offline Ty Webb

• Oaklawn picks = @therailbird333
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2021, 12:25:49 PM »
It’s now truly Arkansas vs everybody….I’m here for all of that. Fuck everyone else.

If you’re making a list Eric Musselman should be near the top or at the top of it. - Me
January 19, 2019, 10:48:34 PM

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2021, 12:33:55 PM »
It’s now truly Arkansas vs everybody….I’m here for all of that. Fuck everyone else.
God damn! Hunter is definitely a woopiger!

:tiw:

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2021, 12:36:24 PM »

damn. wonder what Jay's response will be?

given the number of t-shirt seen at BWS last week with Kopps name on them, wonder what nil would have done for him as you know more shirts are coming and will be sold.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2021, 02:41:31 PM »
That's going to leave a mark.

The answer to every question about the seeming stupidity of every government decision from Covid to the coming war is simple. The elites want you dead..

Offline Mazeppa Pompazoidi

• Wild Hog

Offline Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2021, 07:25:35 PM »
We seem to have managed to get all the right people in the main leadership roles for all of our sports and the athletic department at the same time.

Offline Hogworth Ballington III

• Tush Hog
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2021, 07:33:57 PM »
We seem to have managed to get all the right people in the main leadership roles for all of our sports and the athletic department at the same time.

Well now that you've pointed it out, the cosmic forces have realized their error and will quickly rectify the situation.

I just want to get paid for sucking ass

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2021, 10:15:00 AM »
Well now that you've pointed it out, the cosmic forces have realized their error and will quickly rectify the situation.
Someone's about to get melted.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2021, 09:42:38 AM »

Several states' NIL laws take effect on July 1.  The NCAA, conferences, and schools all wanted Congress to step in before then and enact some kind of uniform statutory scheme dealing with NIL issues, but it appears that isn't going to happen.

The NCAA is now desperately trying to rapidly put NIL rules in place.  However, this is a landmine, as it will be next to impossible for any NCAA NIL scheme to fully comply with all the different state laws that are soon to take effect.  The chart below shows some of the problems:

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2021, 09:48:38 AM »

The NCAA has proposed NIL rules, but several conferences have are pushing back against those proposed rules, recognizing the near-impossiblilty of the NCAA being able to enact rules that comply with NIL legislation in all states.  The commissioners of the SEC, Pac-12, ACC, Sun Belt, SWAC, and MAAC are instead proposing the below rule, which would allow schools in states with no NIL legislation to enact their own NIL rules, and thus leaving the schools in states with NIL legislation to follow each states' respective law. 

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
Re: Players earning from their likeness (the NIL thread)
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2021, 11:34:50 AM »

Good article here on the bind the NCAA has created for itself as the clock ticks down to July 1.

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1407155539268845569

Offline VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2021, 11:42:09 AM »
mentioned in the other thread that the ncaa's plan was to act like none of this was happening. their hail mary answer is to hope congress gets involved. 

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2021, 11:58:06 AM »
mentioned in the other thread that the ncaa's plan was to act like none of this was happening. their hail mary answer is to hope congress gets involved.

Federal legislation is the only way, at this point, that you're going to get a uniform set of NIL laws by which everybody will have to abide. 

Otherwise, you're going to have a patchwork of various state laws and a combination of either NCAA regulations or individual schools' regulations that apply in states with no NIL laws. 

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2021, 12:14:56 PM »

Federal legislation is the only way, at this point, that you're going to get a uniform set of NIL laws by which everybody will have to abide. 

Otherwise, you're going to have a patchwork of various state laws and a combination of either NCAA regulations or individual schools' regulations that apply in states with no NIL laws.
Maybe the solution is let the market figure it out.  Fuck the ncaa, and it’s not really an issue we need a bunch of morons in DC to figure out.  The founders could give a shit About this issue.  There will only be a season or two of some differentials; if there is any disadvantages it’ll get sorted out. 

Offline wvhawgfan

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2021, 12:56:13 PM »
This may be the first time in my life that I'm hoping for a special session of the State Legislature. Study all of the other NIL laws in every other State and amend the one they just past to make it the most relaxed version out there. Of course they won't do that and we'll again play second fiddle to the "big boys".

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2021, 02:24:32 PM »
Is the NCAA headed by a set of elected college presidents?

Riding in seat #1 on the Muss Bus.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2021, 02:35:39 PM »
Is the NCAA headed by a set of elected college presidents?

I don't think any college presidents are elected.

That said, here ya go:  HOW THE NCAA WORKS

Offline Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig

Offline jdcatty

• Boar
Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Hell was he thinking?

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2021, 10:36:24 AM »
https://twitter.com/KATVKyle/status/1410615381249515535

the walmarks was left off.

this is what the other sec schools are doing also. some of the things i have seen include:

nil agreements are void if the player leaves the school.
agents can represent the student only in nil agreements, no tying them to possible future pro negotiations.
no employee of the school can be a part of it.

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2021, 10:38:43 AM »
Sooo, thinking outside the box, could some of the female players make money off their likeness…

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline jdcatty

• Boar
« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2021, 10:39:26 AM »
the walmarks was left off.

this is what the other sec schools are doing also. some of the things i have seen include:

nil agreements are void if the player leaves the school.
agents can represent the student only in nil agreements, no tying them to possible future pro negotiations.
no employee of the school can be a part of it.
[/color]

I don't understand that last part-- doesn't the school have some paid position now in the AD trying to help coordinate these deals?

Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Hell was he thinking?