Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Spilled Weed Killer in Car  (Read 727 times)

Online CardHog

• Tush Hog
Spilled Weed Killer in Car
« on: April 08, 2021, 01:04:05 PM »
I bought some 2,4-D at Atwoods yesterday and nonchalantly through it into the back seat of my truck.  This morning the smell hit me full force, the lid was not sealed and some of it leaked into the back seat.    What are my options?    It was a 16 oz bottle and still feels mostly full so I'm assuming a few ounces at the most leaked out. 

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
Re: Spilled Weed Killer in Car
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 01:10:25 PM »
Light a match

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 02:14:17 PM »
I bought some 2,4-D at Atwoods yesterday and nonchalantly through it into the back seat of my truck.  This morning the smell hit me full force, the lid was not sealed and some of it leaked into the back seat.    What are my options?    It was a 16 oz bottle and still feels mostly full so I'm assuming a few ounces at the most leaked out.

Ugh. Definitely get seat covers after, you don’t want anyone sitting on that skin to chemical.

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

"Grant couldn't practice, we put a green shirt on him, he kept trying to put the red on but 'no no no, we're not gunna touch you' Then he goes out and has that game. He's out there holding his elbow and goes and picks off a pass to win. He is Arkansas." - Pittman

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 02:27:18 PM »
I would start with warm soapy water and soak the carpet pretty good and use a sponge to extract the water.  Vacuum as much of the moister up as possible.  The only way that I know of to neutralize the herbicide is through water dilution.  Maybe someone else has heard of a different method.  I would then sprinkle baking soda on the spill and every few days or sooner vacuum it up and put fresh down.  That will hopefully absorbed some of if not all of the smell. 

With that said I think I like BB's suggestion.  It seems like a sure fire way to solve the problem.

Good luck. 

Riding in seat #1 on the Muss Bus.

Online jdcatty

• Tush Hog
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 02:51:30 PM »
2,4 D isn't so bad;  it's not a bug killer;

While in college I worked summers for a crop duster in Stuttgart as a loader boy.  Had 2,4 D all over me at points I am sure.  And just look how I turned out... ;D

Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Hell was he thinking?

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 03:03:13 PM »
2,4 D isn't so bad;  it's not a bug killer;

While in college I worked summers for a crop duster in Stuttgart as a loader boy.  Had 2,4 D all over me at points I am sure.  And just look how I turned out... ;D
So, you are simply a warning to others? You turned out like everyone figured apparently... ;D

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 03:45:16 PM »
I would start with warm soapy water and soak the carpet pretty good and use a sponge to extract the water.  Vacuum as much of the moister up as possible.  The only way that I know of to neutralize the herbicide is through water dilution.  Maybe someone else has heard of a different method.  I would then sprinkle baking soda on the spill and every few days or sooner vacuum it up and put fresh down.  That will hopefully absorbed some of if not all of the smell. 

With that said I think I like BB's suggestion.  It seems like a sure fire way to solve the problem.

Good luck.

This is about what I'd recommend, although if you have access to an upholstery shampoo machine I'd flush the shit out of it with that using plain water.  Vacuum up whatever you can.  The key is getting the chemical out of the car...smell is just a side effect.  Once you have it diluted and wet vacced out, you can worry about covering up any residual smells.

?s=20

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 03:52:31 PM »
No joke, take the seat out of the car (usually they are just bolted down) and pressure wash that bitch.  Give it the full beans.  Then use either a wet-dry vac or better a carpet cleaner with an attachment and suck out as much of the water as possible.  Then let it sit in the sun with a fan until completely dry.  I assume it isn't leather from what you said. 

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Online The Reverend Snoophogg

• A wacked out, east Arkansan turned well-to-do Ferndale-ite
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 10:25:43 PM »
Dilute, dilute, dilute....2,4D is Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid.  It’s a herbicide.

Do NOT burn it.  You can create hydrogen chloride which will make you dead if you breath it.

Health Hazard:
Dust may irritate eyes. Ingestion causes gastroentric distress, diarrhea, mild central nervous system depression, dysphagia, and possible transient liver and kidney injury.

It deteriorates quickly in water....so water, water, water.

Proffered pronouns:

Your majesty.
His excellency.
Sir
Mr. Man.

Online jdcatty

• Tush Hog
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 11:31:21 PM »
Dilute, dilute, dilute....2,4D is Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid.  It’s a herbicide.

Do NOT burn it.  You can create hydrogen chloride which will make you dead if you breath it.

Health Hazard:
Dust may irritate eyes. Ingestion causes gastroentric distress, diarrhea, mild central nervous system depression, dysphagia, and possible transient liver and kidney injury.

It deteriorates quickly in water....so water, water, water.

Yeah,  I agree.  Take a good shower asap.  You will be fine. Wash your vehicle with soap and water..  You will be fine.

Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Hell was he thinking?

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 11:39:52 PM »

<--- I'm with him

Offline SteveJ

• ElvisHog of ye olden days
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2021, 12:33:13 PM »
This is about what I'd recommend, although if you have access to an upholstery shampoo machine I'd flush the shit out of it with that using plain water.  Vacuum up whatever you can.  The key is getting the chemical out of the car...smell is just a side effect.  Once you have it diluted and wet vacced out, you can worry about covering up any residual smells.

This guy would know....

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2021, 02:04:43 PM »
Do what I said...it is the only way.

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.