Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Medallion Stamp  (Read 385 times)

Online Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
Medallion Stamp
« on: May 19, 2021, 03:02:54 PM »
I have some inherited stocks (not a large amount) that I would like to sell but because they are in an LLC Computershare is making me get a medallion stamp.

I went to Bank of America and they (and their Merrill Lynch arm) only do medallions for individuals, not businesses (even though I do have a business account there).

I live in DFW.

Does anyone know how I should manage this situation?  I've been sitting on stuff I want to sell for a quite a while because of this.

Online jdcatty

• Tush Hog
Re: Medallion Stamp
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 03:14:56 PM »
I have some inherited stocks (not a large amount) that I would like to sell but because they are in an LLC Computershare is making me get a medallion stamp.

I went to Bank of America and they (and their Merrill Lynch arm) only do medallions for individuals, not businesses (even though I do have a business account there).

I live in DFW.

Does anyone know how I should manage this situation?  I've been sitting on stuff I want to sell for a quite a while because of this.

not sure this will help, but you might try  www.msglookup.com

Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Hell was he thinking?

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 03:27:28 PM »

I live in DFW.

any investment firm should do it as long as you’re a client. However I’ve never done them for a LLC only individuals. I would call Computershare back and ask where they would send you for this. But then again computershare folks are assholes to deal with and never are helpful. I’d ask to speak to a supervisor and see why they suggest. Don’t speak to the minions.

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Online Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 10:51:35 PM »
any investment firm should do it as long as you’re a client. However I’ve never done them for a LLC only individuals. I would call Computershare back and ask where they would send you for this. But then again computershare folks are assholes to deal with and never are helpful. I’d ask to speak to a supervisor and see why they suggest. Don’t speak to the minions.

Thanks.

My only bank is Bank of America which wouldn't do it.  I noticed TD Ameritrade and Raymond James on the list, I guess I could just go try to do it that way and maybe have to pay a brokerage fee to sell?  At this point that would be worth it.

My mortgage is with Southside Bank, I wonder if I could just try them.  I have a real estate mortgage through BancCorp South and they have an office in Grand Prairie, maybe I could try them.

Online Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 11:36:59 PM »
Thanks.

My only bank is Bank of America which wouldn't do it.  I noticed TD Ameritrade and Raymond James on the list, I guess I could just go try to do it that way and maybe have to pay a brokerage fee to sell?  At this point that would be worth it.

My mortgage is with Southside Bank, I wonder if I could just try them.  I have a real estate mortgage through BancCorp South and they have an office in Grand Prairie, maybe I could try them.
im honestly shocked BofA didn’t do it. I wonder if they just were stupid and didn’t actually call the back office. Typically we can’t do green at a branch but we can overnight to home office, they’ll do it and send it back for any client. Did computershare require all owners of the llc to sign and a corporate resolution? May need that when getting it medallion guarantee if you haven’t already asked. Never had to do it for a business only individuals. I’ve done a shit ton of work with computershare for clients we have and I primarily do it because fucking making a client call those horri people always ends messy. They won’t even pick up the phone and call if one thing is wrong no matter if it’s time sensitive just send you another gd letter saying we still need this or you didn’t complete this correctly. They fucking suck

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.