Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Arkansas vs Penn AND Teller (3pm start 11/28/21)  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
Re: Arkansas vs Penn AND Teller (3pm start 11/28/21)
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2021, 04:41:09 PM »
We are a horrible 3 point shooting team.  3-16 for 19% so far.

"If life gives you lemons, fuck life."  - Sir John Michael of Oklahoma

Online Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2021, 04:41:19 PM »
I'll a repeat an earlier statement in that I don't know what KK Robinson is supposed to be good at? Runningback?

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline jsimp

• Boar
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2021, 04:42:53 PM »
I love matt Zimmerman

Offline BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2021, 04:43:09 PM »
11 point lead is not good enough, we ought to be blowing these guys out.

fuck your feelings

Online Animal

• Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2021, 04:44:13 PM »
We love that left side of the rim

Bruce Lee

Online goporkyourself

• Citizen
  • King of the Hogs
  • Careful man, there’s a beverage here.
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2021, 04:44:50 PM »
Watching these guys shoot is pain. Umude has the only pretty shot.

Online Animal

• Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2021, 04:46:24 PM »
Davis goes out of his way to contort his body in some weird way every time he's in scoring distance which apparently is 90 feet worth of court now. For his 4 points on the day. He's also the reincarnation of Pistol Pete and Magic Johnson's love child.

Bruce Lee

Online VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2021, 04:51:39 PM »
missed toney's clean up points.

edit: and shooting 56% from the line didn't help.  until they start making some 3 point shots, why mention the percentage.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 04:58:45 PM by VegasHog »

Online flash23

• Tush Hog
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2021, 05:14:30 PM »
Really ugly win, but we still won by double digits. We started out real sloppy last year as well, as others have said. They don't seem to get rattled very easily by scoring slumps or runs by the other team.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2021, 05:15:49 PM »
Fletch-style post of the day…

He meant from the waist down

And the next post, providing unintentional (I think) hilarity…

Penn has an endowed basketball head coach.

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Online Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2021, 05:34:08 PM »

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Online A Boy Named Sue E

• Wild Hog
  • Got a fifth of Bulleit Rye in my bug out bag..
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2021, 05:47:42 PM »
Kind of an ugly, workmanlike victory, but all victories are good. I guess I got fooled by that first exhibition game I saw, when I declared we had a team full of shooters. All of the sudden I don’t see a single pure shooter on the team. We may have to win ugly a lot this year. I’d like to see Jaylin Williams become a little more of an offensive threat, but I love the rest of his game.

We miss Jalen Tate. We don’t have a point guard. Devo will never be a point guard; Lykes is okay at times but out of control at others. It looks to me like Notae is officially our point guard. I love Notae and he might actually grow into that role, but I’m a little disappointed that we are having to force him into that role. As someone mentioned earlier, what is KK good at? I heard so much hoopla about him, and he was a 4*, so I know he must be good at something. But so far he has shown nothing. He’s smallish, he doesn’t appear to have a smooth stroke on his jump shot, he seems to have a good enough handle but he doesn’t appear to have point guard instincts. In fact when he got some run today, they had him on the wing and Notae was still running the point. Also, he doesn’t seem to have much in the give-a-shit department, seems to be just kind of going through the motions.

Maga and the black folks are about to unite. It is going to be glorious..

Online Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2021, 06:05:35 PM »
That isn't one of those sit out part of the next game fouls is it?

I thought we established with Devo there is no such thing in basketball. Football rule only.

Online Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2021, 06:17:11 PM »
We are a horrible 3 point shooting team.  3-16 for 19% so far.

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Online Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2021, 06:26:11 PM »
Per this website summary, "fighting" is a one-game suspension the first time, and season suspension for a second offense.  While a Flagrant 2 foul is immediate ejection but no suspension.  https://www.nfhs.org/media/1018592/ncaa-nfhs-major-rules-differences-2020-21.pdf

Don't ask me the line between "fighting" and "flagrant 2".  Since the guy didn't swing back, I guess Toney wasn't fighting.

Offline GuinnessHog

• Boar
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2021, 07:14:25 PM »
Per this website summary, "fighting" is a one-game suspension the first time, and season suspension for a second offense.  While a Flagrant 2 foul is immediate ejection but no suspension.  https://www.nfhs.org/media/1018592/ncaa-nfhs-major-rules-differences-2020-21.pdf

Don't ask me the line between "fighting" and "flagrant 2".  Since the guy didn't swing back, I guess Toney wasn't fighting.

That’s kind of like when my ex wife used to say we were “talking” and I never said a word. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline HogTat

• It's in my nature
  • Boar
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2021, 07:55:43 PM »
We have a little more thug in us than I would prefer.

Room for cream?

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2021, 10:58:19 PM »
Lykes shoots too much I think, needs to share the sugar.
Good win. Nice not to be reliant on 3s going in to win, that will be a plus come March.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Online Animal

• Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2021, 06:19:35 AM »
Good win. Nice not to be reliant on 3s going in to win, that will be a plus come March.

He can't shoot worth a damn either. Then again I'm not sure anyone on the team can. We are terrible. Good thing we play decent defense, have timely rebounds, and can get buckets 2 foot away. 

Bruce Lee

Online Sus-Scrofa

• Boar
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2021, 06:30:51 AM »

I'd imagine when Lykes gets the ball, it's like a fighter who gets tunnel vision and only sees red.  He has to be aggressive and try and score.  Not sure how you fix that.

Online flash23

• Tush Hog
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2021, 07:06:31 AM »
He can't shoot worth a damn either. Then again I'm not sure anyone on the team can. We are terrible. Good thing we play decent defense, have timely rebounds, and can get buckets 2 foot away.
The only thing that's terrible is the shooting. Our defense has been good enough to keep us in games coupled with our ability to rebound, especially offensively. It's a shame Jaylen Williams isn't about 7 inches shorter. He'd be a phenomenal PG.

Online Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2021, 07:30:02 AM »
The only thing that's terrible is the shooting. Our defense has been good enough to keep us in games coupled with our ability to rebound, especially offensively. It's a shame Jaylen Williams isn't about 7 inches shorter. He'd be a phenomenal PG.
He's easily the best passer on our team.

Online Animal

• Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2021, 08:56:12 AM »
They introduced some stuff late in the season for Jaylin...such as the give and go or whatever. It was working with Justin Smith in the paint. I think we will get back to that once these guys have "glued together".

Umude showing the range is at least encouraging. I don't know much about his game at SD other than he was a scorer. I understand he's being asked to be more of an interior guy here but one would think playing in a smaller college he would have played inside a bit more. That may be a misconception. At any rate he may end up being the 6th man that comes in and can play multiple positions where ever needed. Ultimately I would like to see him and Toney playing well together.

Yesterday I looked on the court and at one time I saw like 3 seniors on the floor with two younger kids coming off an elite 8 run. This team is loaded with experience even deeper down the bench there are guys with experience. We just need to find the right rotation and get them playing well together. Having Notae be your point guard is like hiring a thief to guard the vault.

Bruce Lee

Online Law_Hawg

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2021, 09:04:52 AM »
They introduced some stuff late in the season for Jaylin...such as the give and go or whatever. It was working with Justin Smith in the paint. I think we will get back to that once these guys have "glued together".

Umude showing the range is at least encouraging. I don't know much about his game at SD other than he was a scorer. I understand he's being asked to be more of an interior guy here but one would think playing in a smaller college he would have played inside a bit more. That may be a misconception. At any rate he may end up being the 6th man that comes in and can play multiple positions where ever needed. Ultimately I would like to see him and Toney playing well together.

Yesterday I looked on the court and at one time I saw like 3 seniors on the floor with two younger kids coming off an elite 8 run. This team is loaded with experience even deeper down the bench there are guys with experience. We just need to find the right rotation and get them playing well together. Having Notae be your point guard is like hiring a thief to guard the vault.

Umude's stats indicate he played inside quite a bit at South Dakota.  He averaged over 8 rebounds per game in his sophomore, junior, and senior seasons.  He also went to the line quite a bit, which you would expect of a player playing more down low.  He was a career 34.2%  three-point shooter for the Coyotes. 

Online VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2021, 09:08:11 AM »
muss was expecting a blow out. came as close as he could say it in the presser.