Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Comprehensive 2022 Razorback Football Thread  (Read 55785 times)

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
Re: Re: The Comprehensive 2022 Razorback Football Thread
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2022, 11:35:32 AM »
Exactly. We need to decide if we want to compete for championships or just collect SEC checks in exchange for getting our ass beat.
Since 2011 we decided we don’t want to compete for championships.

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2022, 03:03:13 PM »
It’s hilarious some of you believe the NIL is some sort of advertising/marketing tool to be used by Mom’s Cafe in Bumfuck, Arkansas.

The NIL is about buying players. PERIOD.

I think everyone understands what NIL is.

Since you guys think fans and business owners should be collectively buying players, how many on this board have contributed to buying a player?

Riding in seat #1 on the Muss Bus.

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2022, 03:28:30 PM »
I think everyone understands what NIL is.

Since you guys think fans and business owners should be collectively buying players, how many on this board have contributed to buying a player?

Hell, I could barely buy a player lunch some weeks.

"If life gives you lemons, fuck life."  - Sir John Michael of Oklahoma

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2022, 03:29:53 PM »
Holder U!!!

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

"Grant couldn't practice, we put a green shirt on him, he kept trying to put the red on but 'no no no, we're not gunna touch you' Then he goes out and has that game. He's out there holding his elbow and goes and picks off a pass to win. He is Arkansas." - Pittman

Offline HOGGLY WOGGLY

• King of the Hogs
  • LET'S GO BRANDON!
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2022, 05:52:40 PM »
too bad teams don't still travel by train because I would know how to do it

https://fanbuzz.com/college-football/sec/auburn/auburn-wreck-tech-pajama-parade/

monkeying with runways is not a good idea though

Life was hard back then, that looks like a 50 year old man not a college age kid. Or, maybe the eligibility rules were more lax back then.

That used to be the thing to do at Monkey Island at the Memphis Zoo, watch the monkeys beat off.

Online The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2022, 06:57:55 PM »
Life was hard back then, that looks like a 50 year old man not a college age kid. Or, maybe the eligibility rules were more lax back then.

That’s John Heisman, the coach.

Online papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2022, 07:30:15 PM »
I think he was born in 1869, making him 26 at the time.

There is a pic of him on his wiki when he was playing 4 years earlier, must have been a hard 4 years

Online The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2022, 08:14:05 PM »

There is a pic of him on his wiki when he was playing 4 years earlier, must have been a hard 4 years

That pic is just a file photo of him.  It isn’t from when he was at Auburn.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2022, 09:03:24 PM »

The pic Hoggly posted is from around 1917, when he was head coach at Georgia Tech.

This is Heisman in 1891, when he was playing at Penn:

This is him at Auburn:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 09:28:43 PM by Law_Hawg »
I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Online Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2022, 11:48:07 PM »

The pic Hoggly posted is from around 1917, when he was head coach at Georgia Tech.

This is Heisman in 1891, when he was playing at Penn:

This is him at Auburn:

Heismanphace!!

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2022, 01:18:23 PM »
Is this the guy kids don't want to play for? The one HS coaches don't like?
https://twitter.com/77Testarossa/status/1444852093106409481?t=ftjWLUhyd7v0CtQvfQcruA&s=19

<--- I'm with him

Offline Boared Cynic

• Should RMPL
  • Boar
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2022, 01:32:49 PM »
John Heisman coached at Auburn? Well, fuck him then.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2022, 01:49:37 PM »
John Heisman coached at Auburn? Well, fuck him then.

12-4-2 from 1895 to 1899.

He was 1-0 against Alabama and 2-1-1 against Georgia.

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2022, 03:17:07 PM »
Hogs finish the season ranked in the AP at 21. A top 25 finish. Not too shabby of a thing to hang your hat on in the off season.

...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2022, 03:22:45 PM »
Hogs finish the season ranked in the AP at 21. A top 25 finish. Not too shabby of a thing to hang your hat on in the off season.
Finished #20 in the Coaches poll.

I was actually surprised we didn’t land around the 18-19 range, but it’s our first time in a decade (!) to be ranked at the end of the season so I can’t complain.

Offline PorkSaladAnnie

• Tush Hog
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2022, 04:46:26 PM »
Especially with the schedule we had.

Online Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2022, 05:55:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/77Testarossa/status/1444852093106409481?t=ftjWLUhyd7v0CtQvfQcruA&s=19

Those stories have never made one lick of sense.  It would be like learning that Mr. Rogers is a Satanist.

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2022, 06:56:02 PM »
Even the Georgia state troopers were wanting to talk to him.  Kirby knew what he had; Pittman was the highest paid assistant in the country at Georgia.  Thank the Lord HY listened to our former players and checked him out.  Jeff Long would have deleted their texts and voice mails.

Sam Pittman knows how to coach and succeeds because he’s genuinely interested in these young men and their development.

Offline The Red Death

• Woopig’s Emotional Woman Dipshit
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2022, 07:19:26 PM »
We are so lucky. 

My dad is 75.  He loved Petrino.   He was so heartbroken when April 1, 2012 doomsday happened.  I remember right where I was when the news broke.  During the fat drunks’ tenure and football Valdemort he remarked to me “I’ll probably never see the Razorbacks be good again before I die.”   Broke my heart.  My only wish was for my dad to get to enjoy the Hogs being nationally competitive and proud again while he was still alive. 

Sam Pittman brought that back after 10 agonizing years.  My dad got to see us nationally competing again and winning 4 trophies. 

No matter what I will always be indebted to Sam for what he’s done. 

« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 07:27:20 PM by The Red Death »
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.”  George Carlin

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2022, 09:52:04 PM »
We are so lucky. 

My dad is 75.  He loved Petrino.   He was so heartbroken when April 1, 2012 doomsday happened.  I remember right where I was when the news broke.  During the fat drunks’ tenure and football Valdemort he remarked to me “I’ll probably never see the Razorbacks be good again before I die.”   Broke my heart.  My only wish was for my dad to get to enjoy the Hogs being nationally competitive and proud again while he was still alive. 

Sam Pittman brought that back after 10 agonizing years.  My dad got to see us nationally competing again and winning 4 trophies. 

No matter what I will always be indebted to Sam for what he’s done.
Love your story and I think Sam Pittman will be the guy that reestablishes the same state spirit for the Razorbacks that JFB built.  It’s been a long time.  I feel blessed that I remember the 64 season and how my misplaced Texan parents became such rabid fans and fell in love with Arkansas, and the subsequent seasons of Frank’s success.  It was very special. 

Sam grew up with it too, listening to Bud Campbell broadcasting the games.  The trio of JFB, Bud Campbell at KATV, and Orville Henry built a media machine in print, radio, and TV to solidify the fan base.  I can still hear Bud’s voice.

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2022, 06:08:54 AM »
Those stories have never made one lick of sense.  It would be like learning that Mr. Rogers is a Satanist.
But really, what stories even are there?

All we’ve really heard is “everyone is treated the same” and some nebulous stuff about the CBs coach “coaching them hard.”

Nothing about kids not liking or wanting to play for Pittman. By and large they seem to universally love and respect the guy.

Offline Boared Cynic

• Should RMPL
  • Boar
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2022, 09:54:17 AM »
Then that stupid rumor that Arkansas high school coaches don't like Pittman.

Pittman before has blocked people on his twitter for being negative or nasty. If there was any substance to that rumor, I'm betting it's some arrogant asshole coach in the high school ranks (we've all met that guy before), and Pittman wouldn't give him the time of day.

Online Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2022, 10:11:53 AM »
But really, what stories even are there?

All we’ve really heard is “everyone is treated the same” and some nebulous stuff about the CBs coach “coaching them hard.”

Nothing about kids not liking or wanting to play for Pittman. By and large they seem to universally love and respect the guy.

Stories on here from jdcatty, from others offline, were about trouble in paradise due to people not liking Pittman. Including players. 

Online VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2022, 10:16:42 AM »
i can see where the portal has probably led to some of those coaches getting pissy. 

they have a mid 3* kid that the coaches have visited a couple of times and in the past would have gotten a schollie. but now a three or four year starter from the portal can come in, be an immediate contributor, and the in state kid is asked to be a preferred walk on or whatever color shirt they offer nowadays. both the kid and the coach get their feels hurt and all of a sudden pittman is an asshole.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2022, 11:36:30 AM »
i can see where the portal has probably led to some of those coaches getting pissy. 

they have a mid 3* kid that the coaches have visited a couple of times and in the past would have gotten a schollie. but now a three or four year starter from the portal can come in, be an immediate contributor, and the in state kid is asked to be a preferred walk on or whatever color shirt they offer nowadays. both the kid and the coach get their feels hurt and all of a sudden pittman is an asshole.

The DE transferring from LSU was a solid 4 star kid with 2-3 years of eligibility.  There's a 5-star LB  from DFW with 2-3 years left leaving Bama we may land.

It's hard to pass those up for a kid with mostly mid major offers and some potential upside. 

I do think this staff does a great job of rewarding walk ons like Clark and Morgan.   HS coaches should be able to see that, if the talent's there the kid will get a scholie.