Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Comprehensive 2022 Razorback Football Thread  (Read 54105 times)

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
Re: Re: The Comprehensive 2022 Razorback Football Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2022, 01:26:46 PM »
Yeah, we need to step it up.

Online Hogworth Ballington III

• Tush Hog
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2022, 01:42:10 PM »
Wrong thread (hard to keep track with all the sky is falling posts running rampant)

« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 01:43:32 PM by Hogworth Ballington III »
I just want to get paid for sucking ass

Online bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2022, 01:50:05 PM »
Yeah, we need to step it up.

Who needs to step up?  I keep seeing "we" but I don't know who "we" is.

Riding in seat #1 on the Muss Bus.

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2022, 01:51:42 PM »

As a fanbase and boosters “we”.  We need more money in there for NIL.

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2022, 02:02:09 PM »
I would have left off "approaching $1million" seeing how there are kids out there over a million by themselves.
Had the same exact thought when I saw that, especially with the 7 figure NIL deals for individuals or groups of players at other schools being public knowledge.

I also didn’t care for Hunter beating his chest about how we are using it the right way and not for enticement in recruiting or transfers. Rings hollow given the walking around money A&M and Mizzou have been flooding into their recruiting efforts.

I like Hunter okay, but the text of his tweet felt a little Jeff Long-ish for my taste.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 02:08:42 PM by Feral »

Offline hit_that_line

• Woopig Joe Biden
  • King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2022, 02:12:52 PM »
Hardly anyone is getting 7 figs

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2022, 02:15:30 PM »
Yeah, but those are the ones that make news.

These are 18-22 year olds, so they’re not exactly the discerning type.

Online bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2022, 02:16:24 PM »
As a fanbase and boosters “we”.  We need more money in there for NIL.

The fan base needs to pay more than they already pay for tickets, travel, meals, gear, etc.?

You guys like to use the term "booster".  Which "boosters" should be paying more?  Can you name these boosters?  Do they exist?

Out of curiosity, how much have you paid out in NIL monies?

None of these questions are meant to attack you personally.  I truly do not understand why any rational smart business owner would spend a dime on hiring a player to be a spokesman for their business.  I also don't think your average fan can or should be responsible for paying players.

What should happen is the SEC, as an example, should be forced to profit share with every collegiate athlete.  That would be a fantastic start.

Offline Hogustus

• Tush Hog
  • ex-commissary clerk
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2022, 02:18:59 PM »
Still, what he's saying is that there are individual players taking in more than the sum of all our players are taking in.  How do you not see that as a problem?

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2022, 02:21:40 PM »
The fan base needs to pay more than they already pay for tickets, travel, meals, gear, etc.?

You guys like to use the term "booster".  Which "boosters" should be paying more?  Can you name these boosters?  Do they exist?

None of these questions are meant to attack you personally.  I truly do not understand why any rational smart business owner would spend a dime on hiring a player to be a spokesman for their business.  I also don't think your average fan can or should be responsible for paying players.

What should happen is the SEC, as an example, should be forced to profit share with every collegiate athlete.  That would be a fantastic start.

This was kind of along the lines of my questions.... this money has to come from somewhere. Every million going to NIL was going somewhere else, mosy likely Razorback related, before this. Who loses out on those dollars?

When is the first player defrauded or audited for not paying taxes? Wait til those stories start coming out in a couple years.

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

"Grant couldn't practice, we put a green shirt on him, he kept trying to put the red on but 'no no no, we're not gunna touch you' Then he goes out and has that game. He's out there holding his elbow and goes and picks off a pass to win. He is Arkansas." - Pittman

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2022, 02:33:26 PM »

Yeah, well I would like a 14 inch penis and a dozen Victoria’s Secret models in my bed.  But that isn’t going to happen so I’ll just work with what I got.

These are the rules as they are now.  If we want to compete, we need more NIL money.  Other fanbases have gotten creative with it.  We need to do it too.

Offline VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2022, 02:40:19 PM »
apparently there's a 'holder of the year' award and reid bauer won it.

https://twitter.com/MortellAward/status/1479537018992533508?t=mQpqcBbjU9CWBb7GZd5vvg&s=19

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2022, 03:15:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/reidbauer70/status/1479539118216515584

slow clap young man, slow clap.

So we have one of the best long snappers, holders and FG kickers in the country.  Maybe our special teams coach can stay a little longer.

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2022, 03:28:42 PM »
https://twitter.com/reidbauer70/status/1479539118216515584

slow clap young man, slow clap.

So we have one of the best long snappers, holders and FG kickers in the country.  Maybe our special teams coach can stay a little longer.
That was like watching an entry in the shorts category at the Canadian Comedic Film Awards. Dry, but funny in an off way.

...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline chrchoswinentology

• Tush Hog
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2022, 03:42:15 PM »

Don’t we have some stupid rule where if you are a corporate sponsor with the university, you are not allowed to be a part of NIL deals?  That seems like something that needs to be addressed.  BBQ and Grizzle tires aren’t going to get it done. 

Offline The Red Death

• Woopig’s Emotional Woman Dipshit
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2022, 05:04:25 PM »

Don’t we have some stupid rule where if you are a corporate sponsor with the university, you are not allowed to be a part of NIL deals?  That seems like something that needs to be addressed.  BBQ and Grizzle tires aren’t going to get it done. 

There are many loopholes.  There’s a public perception to maintain. 

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.”  George Carlin

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2022, 05:17:26 PM »
Massive corporations like Tyson, JB Hunt and Wal-Mart probably aren't probably going to throw in big for things this small, though individuals and execs that are just big boosters might.

However, all of the little restaurants, insurance agencies, car dealerships, banks, etc across the state have a ton to gain from NIL.  In DFW there is no advertising value from this in a market where people are fans of many different teams.  Arkansas is completely different, the entire state has a history of having to use trademark enforcement because "Razorback towing" or "Razorback carpet" will automatically generate more sales.  It's a one team state and they should take full advantage.

What needs to occur most is an organized movement amongst boosters to allocate resources where they are needed.  The UA Athletic Dept has set up a great framework, website, etc.  There need to be meetings in NWA and LR with the Flagship group and AD to figure out how to best meet their needs.

Online bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2022, 06:41:43 PM »
However, all of the little restaurants, insurance agencies, car dealerships, banks, etc across the state have a ton to gain from NIL.

This simply can’t be true. I don’t believe for a second that a significant portion of the population picks their bank, a place to eat, or insurance needs because a business offering those services utilizes a Razorback player in their ads.

I wonder how much revenue was increased at Wrights BBQ since they got the offensive linemen. What has the business done that paid Devo to hold a basketball out to his side line Jordan.  I would be willing to bet that neither increased revenue.

Razorback athletes are no Leslie Basham. Landers hit a home run with her.

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
  • Jump Back, Kiss Myself!
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2022, 06:52:18 PM »
This simply can’t be true. I don’t believe for a second that a significant portion of the population picks their bank, a place to eat, or insurance needs because a business offering those services utilizes a Razorback player in their ads.

I wonder how much revenue was increased at Wrights BBQ since they got the offensive linemen. What has the business done that paid Devo to hold a basketball out to his side line Jordan.  I would be willing to bet that neither increased revenue.

Razorback athletes are no Leslie Basham. Landers hit a home run with her.
Petit Jean Meats.   "Taste the Difference"
Their peppered bacon is the tits.

Offline chrchoswinentology

• Tush Hog
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2022, 06:55:29 PM »
Massive corporations like Tyson, JB Hunt and Wal-Mart probably aren't probably going to throw in big for things this small, though individuals and execs that are just big boosters might.

However, all of the little restaurants, insurance agencies, car dealerships, banks, etc across the state have a ton to gain from NIL.  In DFW there is no advertising value from this in a market where people are fans of many different teams.  Arkansas is completely different, the entire state has a history of having to use trademark enforcement because "Razorback towing" or "Razorback carpet" will automatically generate more sales.  It's a one team state and they should take full advantage.

What needs to occur most is an organized movement amongst boosters to allocate resources where they are needed.  The UA Athletic Dept has set up a great framework, website, etc.  There need to be meetings in NWA and LR with the Flagship group and AD to figure out how to best meet their needs.

I think that was the good intention from the start.  The game has changed with the portal.  NIL without the unrestricted transfer might work, but right now, big boys with big money seem to be straight up buying players. 

Offline mde114

• kb
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2022, 08:32:55 AM »
It’s hilarious some of you believe the NIL is some sort of advertising/marketing tool to be used by Mom’s Cafe in Bumfuck, Arkansas.

The NIL is about buying players. PERIOD.

So we are a program run by fucking idiots for fucking idiots- razor5396 12/4/2018

Offline papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2022, 09:06:06 AM »
Mom’s Cafe in Bumfuck, Arkansas.

I like trying local cafes when I travel.

Is this one any good?

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2022, 09:28:58 AM »
It’s hilarious some of you believe the NIL is some sort of advertising/marketing tool to be used by Mom’s Cafe in Bumfuck, Arkansas.

The NIL is about buying players. PERIOD.
I fully anticipate a lot of “we don’t do that here” talk from our fans. It’s too woven into the fabric of the DNA of our program and fan base.

Hunter’s tweet aside, you’re already seeing/hearing it on our boards and radio shows. Lots of double digit IQs who are still living in the 1960s and think that it’s cheating for players to get money, despite the fact that it’s fully legal now in the wake of the O’Bannon and Alston rulings, the latter of which was handed down by SCOTUS.

We always want to play by THE rules, and not the rules everyone else is using.

Think about this. Since 2008, Ole Miss has had four 9 win seasons and two 10 win seasons. They’ve been to 2 Sugar Bowls, 2 Cotton Bowls, a Peach Bowl. They’ve beaten Bama twice. In that same same span of time, we’ve had one 9 win season and two 10 win seasons (1 of which was 11), and have been to the Sugar, Cotton, and Outback Bowls. We have not beaten Alabama. They’ve had 4 coaches and we’ve had 5 counting Smile. They play the game and will continue to do so.

Offline mde114

• kb
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2022, 10:42:20 AM »
I fully anticipate a lot of “we don’t do that here” talk from our fans. It’s too woven into the fabric of the DNA of our program and fan base.

Hunter’s tweet aside, you’re already seeing/hearing it on our boards and radio shows. Lots of double digit IQs who are still living in the 1960s and think that it’s cheating for players to get money, despite the fact that it’s fully legal now in the wake of the O’Bannon and Alston rulings, the latter of which was handed down by SCOTUS.

We always want to play by THE rules, and not the rules everyone else is using.

Think about this. Since 2008, Ole Miss has had four 9 win seasons and two 10 win seasons. They’ve been to 2 Sugar Bowls, 2 Cotton Bowls, a Peach Bowl. They’ve beaten Bama twice. In that same same span of time, we’ve had one 9 win season and two 10 win seasons (1 of which was 11), and have been to the Sugar, Cotton, and Outback Bowls. We have not beaten Alabama. They’ve had 4 coaches and we’ve had 5 counting Smile. They play the game and will continue to do so.
Exactly. We need to decide if we want to compete for championships or just collect SEC checks in exchange for getting our ass beat.

So we are a program run by fucking idiots for fucking idiots- razor5396 12/4/2018

Offline papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2022, 10:50:00 AM »
Exactly. We need to decide if we want to compete for championships or just collect SEC checks in exchange for getting our ass beat.

too bad teams don't still travel by train because I would know how to do it

https://fanbuzz.com/college-football/sec/auburn/auburn-wreck-tech-pajama-parade/

monkeying with runways is not a good idea though