Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Comprehensive 2022 Razorback Football Thread  (Read 53209 times)

Online Hizhog

• Tush Hog
Re: The Comprehensive 2022 Razorback Football Thread
« Reply #775 on: June 03, 2022, 04:38:46 PM »
Only 13 years too late on Curles

Carolina on my mind...

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #776 on: June 03, 2022, 04:45:33 PM »
Curles surely has had a terrible grade on his officiating but don't fret I'm sure they are ushering in a new generation of officials trained in the art of entertainment judgment calls that fuck Arkansas.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Online jdcatty

• Boar
« Reply #777 on: June 03, 2022, 05:55:35 PM »
Curles surely has had a terrible grade on his officiating but don't fret I'm sure they are ushering in a new generation of officials trained in the art of entertainment judgment calls that fuck Arkansas.

That guy that fucked up the call at the Auburn game chief among them— Austin something, maybe?

Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Hell was he thinking?

Online Guardrail

• Boar
  • 3rd MI BN
« Reply #778 on: June 03, 2022, 06:04:20 PM »
That guy that fucked up the call at the Auburn game chief among them— Austin something, maybe?
You talking about the spiked snap noncall or the TD run that upon review was clearly fumbled but they refused to correct the call? Both of those were so blatant and egregious that i actually wanted to physically hurt the referee making the call. I was a lunatic at one time, I’ve since mellowed…until it happens again.

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #779 on: June 03, 2022, 06:31:37 PM »
Dorian Pectorial Gerald is out of the portal and back with the Razorbacks

His nickname should be the Big Cat. Dude has nine lives seasons.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 06:40:16 PM by Barton Fink »
<--- I'm with him

Offline Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #780 on: June 03, 2022, 06:35:25 PM »
His nickname should be the Big Cat. Dude has none lives seasons.

Hopefully he can actually get a season in for once. He would be a great add-on to the depth if he's healthy and by now certainly a grown-ass man.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #781 on: June 03, 2022, 06:39:39 PM »
Agree. He was a contributor when healthy.

<--- I'm with him

Offline CardHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #782 on: June 03, 2022, 10:07:26 PM »
Agree. He was a contributor when healthy.

Didn’t he get hurt in the first game of the season each year he’s been here?

Offline Tampa

• Atomic Playboy
  • Boar
    • metromix
« Reply #783 on: June 04, 2022, 10:23:30 AM »

I think he got hurt crossing the street one year and never made it to game 1

Online Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #784 on: June 04, 2022, 06:24:52 PM »

His time with the Razorbacks has included a rash of injuries:

• 2018: The only time he didn't get hurt, getting 21 tackles in his first season with the Hogs.

• 2019: A strained artery in his neck in the season opener against Portland State knocked him out for the year. That one isn't something you hear every year.

• 2020: An injury in the season opener against Georgia cost him the entire year for the second straight time in a game where was starting to show some promise. He had a 17-yard sack of Bulldogs quarterback D'Wan Mathis and combined with Bumper Pool to sack Stetson Bennett for a 6-yard loss.

• 2021: After seeing playing time against Rice in the season opener, he suffered a broken bone in his leg during practices for the Texas game the next week.

Dorian Gerald Gets Waiver for Seventh Year of College

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Online Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #785 on: June 10, 2022, 07:38:43 PM »
I have an opportunity to buy Missouri State tickets through Missouri State, since my daughter is a student there. I figured tickets to the Bobby Petrino return, given the excitement Pittman has created, would be impossible to get.  I am sure they would be in the northeast corner, lower level, where visitors always are. $50

Lo and behold I look on StubHub and there are bazillions of tickets. Most below $50 are in the upper decks (which I'm not too fond of), but it seems a few at that price level are in the lower levels, about the same place in the northeast corner.

Can this be right? I seriously expected no availability for this game. Should I just want until the week of, if my ability to come is in doubt?

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #786 on: June 10, 2022, 07:49:27 PM »
I have an opportunity to buy Missouri State tickets through Missouri State, since my daughter is a student there. I figured tickets to the Bobby Petrino return, given the excitement Pittman has created, would be impossible to get.  I am sure they would be in the northeast corner, lower level, where visitors always are. $50

Lo and behold I look on StubHub and there are bazillions of tickets. Most below $50 are in the upper decks (which I'm not too fond of), but it seems a few at that price level are in the lower levels, about the same place in the northeast corner.

Can this be right? I seriously expected no availability for this game. Should I just want until the week of, if my ability to come is in doubt?
I will probably have 4 for sale, Pig Heaven, chairbacks, front row.  45-50 yard line.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 07:50:45 PM by Son_of_Spam »
The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Online Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #787 on: June 12, 2022, 07:07:59 PM »

It's a game against an FCS opponent.  Petrino's return or not, that's a tough sell with an SEC schedule and Cinci on the docket.

Online jdcatty

• Boar
« Reply #788 on: June 12, 2022, 07:18:18 PM »

I’m sure it is right.  Ticket sales must not be great this year.  They are being advertised a bunch.   And I will bet many people have no idea that Petrino is the coach there— at this point.

Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Hell was he thinking?

Online VegasHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #789 on: June 12, 2022, 07:20:33 PM »
or after 10 years, not as many hog fans give much of a shit about petrino as some might think.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #790 on: June 16, 2022, 05:49:30 PM »
or after 10 years, not as many hog fans give much of a shit about petrino as some might think.
I stopped giving a shit about him when he wrecked that fuckin motorcycle.

...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Online papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #791 on: June 18, 2022, 06:51:43 AM »

Like everything else, the attempted coverup was worse than the "crime".
You cannot have someone work for you who lies to you.

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #792 on: June 18, 2022, 07:41:03 AM »
Like everything else, the attempted coverup was worse than the "crime".
You cannot have someone work for you who lies to you.

You can if they're that much better than the second best option for their spot.  Punish them significantly and start looking for their replacement.  If they don't get the message and change their behavior then they will give you plenty of other opportunities to run them off. 

The success of the organization has to come before personal feelings and egos. 

I'll always be somewhat of a fan of the guy because of two things:

1. He vindicated all of us that said we could do better than the mediocrity of Nutt, in the face of all the media (local and national) telling us to be content with the scraps we were getting.

2.  He proved that we could do the things other SEC schools do, like going to BCS/NY6 bowls, finishing in the top five nationally, etc.

I won't ask anyone to like him, but we all damn sure owe him a debt of gratitude. 

?s=20

Offline Tampa

• Atomic Playboy
  • Boar
    • metromix
« Reply #793 on: June 18, 2022, 08:14:04 AM »
what are your feelings on playing in Little Rock?

Online Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #794 on: June 18, 2022, 08:44:30 AM »

I'll always be somewhat of a fan of the guy because of two things:

1. He vindicated all of us that said we could do better than the mediocrity of Nutt, in the face of all the media (local and national) telling us to be content with the scraps we were getting.

2.  He proved that we could do the things other SEC schools do, like going to BCS/NY6 bowls, finishing in the top five nationally, etc.

I won't ask anyone to like him, but we all damn sure owe him a debt of gratitude.

Fuckin right.  Long had the opportunity to swallow his ego and let it ride but at the end of the day Bobby was banging a subordinate and then lied to his boss about it when he had the opportunity to come clean and minimize the damage.  Mistakes were made; one man paid the price and the other man chose to prop up his image as Mr. Integrity.  It's been 10 years, 9 of which were pretty miserable.  We have an exponential upgrade at AD and a football corch that's got the fanbase as excited as it was one day before the accident.

Fuck Little Rock.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline Filthy_McSwine

• Tush Hog
« Reply #795 on: June 18, 2022, 08:48:37 AM »
what are your feelings on playing in Little Rock?

It will nevar end.

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• A wacked out, east Arkansan turned well-to-do Ferndale-ite
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #796 on: June 18, 2022, 03:31:59 PM »
Fuckin right.  Long had the opportunity to swallow his ego and let it ride but at the end of the day Bobby was banging a subordinate and then lied to his boss about it when he had the opportunity to come clean and minimize the damage.  Mistakes were made; one man paid the price and the other man chose to prop up his image as Mr. Integrity.  It's been 10 years, 9 of which were pretty miserable.  We have an exponential upgrade at AD and a football corch that's got the fanbase as excited as it was one day before the accident.

Fuck Little Rock.

[copy&paste]
👍

Proffered pronouns:

Your majesty.
His excellency.
Sir
Mr. Man.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #797 on: June 26, 2022, 02:07:18 PM »
The Outback Bowl is on the SEC Network right now.   I have a good feeling about this one. 

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Online BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #798 on: June 28, 2022, 12:36:26 PM »
Matt Miller on ESPN just ranked his top ten draft eligible qbs for next year and kj wasn't in the list. Kentucky's qb was though. Fuck that guy.

fuck your feelings

Online Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #799 on: June 28, 2022, 12:45:22 PM »
Matt Miller on ESPN just ranked his top ten draft eligible qbs for next year and kj wasn't in the list. Kentucky's qb was though. Fuck that guy.

Meh. I'd rather be underestimated and "dissed" by these "experts". Gives us more motivation.