Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: PGA 2022  (Read 10742 times)

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
Re: PGA 2022
« Reply #275 on: June 10, 2022, 05:31:03 PM »
Schwartzel is about to make a cool $4 mill.

olgetree still getting $120,000 for being DFA.

the fact you have search for a leaderboard on their website is interesting to say the least.

They don’t even have one on their 2004 model website.    There was a menu link for it but it didn’t go anywhere.

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #276 on: June 10, 2022, 08:23:30 PM »
Phachara Khongwatmai
Ratchanon Chantananuwat
Itthipat Buranatanyarat

Some big names in this tournament

I mean, ACTUAL big names

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #277 on: June 10, 2022, 09:48:10 PM »
very interesting listen on sports washing and the LIV Tour on this week's  Freakonomics podcast.

https://freakonomics.com/podcast/what-is-sportswashing-and-does-it-work/

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #279 on: June 11, 2022, 01:38:13 PM »
Tree falls in the woods, Schwartzel wins the tournament…and $4.75 million for his trouble. 

That equates to approximately $88,000 per hole played. 

Offline DRYANKNPULL

• Pig's Knuckle, Arkansas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #280 on: June 14, 2022, 01:31:44 PM »
Rory Mcilroy won the Canadian open. I know he is the unofficial voice of opposition to the LIV for the PGA. I was just wondering why he doesn’t play exclusively on the European Tour.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #281 on: June 14, 2022, 01:57:22 PM »
Rory Mcilroy won the Canadian open. I know he is the unofficial voice of opposition to the LIV for the PGA. I was just wondering why he doesn’t play exclusively on the European Tour.

$eriou$ly?  $hirley you can't be $eriou$ with thi$ que$tion.   He doe$ it becau$e he i$ ju$t so pa$$ionate about the U$A and it$ $uperior $tatu$ where all the be$t compete for $trictly bragging right$.

$hee$h!!

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #282 on: June 14, 2022, 01:59:37 PM »
$eriou$ly?  $hirley you can't be $eriou$ with thi$ que$tion.   He doe$ it becau$e he i$ ju$t so pa$$ionate about the U$A and it$ $uperior $tatu$ where all the be$t compete for $trictly bragging right$.

$hee$h!!

not to mention that Florida doe$n't have income tax,

Offline bogeyfree

• Wild Hog
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 02:27:20 PM by bogeyfree »

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #284 on: June 14, 2022, 04:54:39 PM »

Offline Vito Porkleone

• Director of Golf
  • Tush Hog
  • Next one's coming faster.
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2022, 08:11:20 PM »
Rahmbo gives no fucks.  Love that dude.

The first thing we're gonna do is we're gonna acknowledge that this guy is awesome.  I mean he shoots Theo Tonin;  fakes his own death in a spectacular fashion;  pushes a guy out of an airplane while he's flyin' it;  parachutes into Harlan County with enough coke and cash to jumpstart the economy of a small country;  then he has the balls to get a job in law enforcement - not once but two times;  he spends a couple days ridin' around with you - while you're lookin' for him;  and now he's run off with a hooker that's half his age.  That's some badass shit.

Offline DRYANKNPULL

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #286 on: June 15, 2022, 03:19:37 PM »
Now Chamblee is calling for Mickelson and Norman to be kicked out of the Hall of Fame. I think the pga and those associated with it are royally screwing up how they are handling it. 90% of the publicity about liv is coming from the pga and it’s members.  I had no idea who the pga members in the new league were until the pga published the list of names. The pga is scared to death about this. All of the pros that are saying the reason they play professional golf has nothing to do with the money are full of shit. The ones saying they are on a moral high ground are full of shit. Why not get some of the money back here that we send over for their oil?

The pga should have just said “whatever, they’ll be back.”  Let everybody who wants to go over and play. Don’t treat it any differently  than the European or Asian tour. It will probably flame out after a year. The more the opposition publicizes it and the more its players start to make it look like a rivalry, the greater the chances are that it won’t.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 03:21:25 PM by DRYANKNPULL »

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
PGA 2022
« Reply #287 on: June 15, 2022, 03:36:45 PM »
What is the basis for kicking them out of the hall of fame? That is crazy talk.

I agree with you that the PGATour is creating most of their pub and should ignore them.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 03:39:01 PM by DrMongoose »

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #288 on: June 15, 2022, 03:42:39 PM »
Speaking of morals, has Tiger weighed in?

<--- I'm with him

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #289 on: June 15, 2022, 03:59:17 PM »
What is the basis for kicking them out of the hall of fame? That is crazy talk.

I agree with you that the PGATour is creating most of their pub and should ignore them.

The basis for Ramble Incessantlee is same as always, diarrhea of the mouth (or Twitter fingers).

He’s no more than the Paul Finebaum of pro golf. 

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #290 on: June 15, 2022, 07:57:41 PM »
Chamblee is a turdwich.  The Hall of Fame is for great sports careers.  It’s the Pro Football Hall of Fame.  They don’t toss out hoFers for murder, rape,assault. 

Online The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #291 on: June 15, 2022, 09:13:21 PM »
This is all so stupid.  These guys are professional golfers.  That means they play golf for money.  Somebody offered them more money than they could make in a career as more or less a fancy appearance fee. 

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #292 on: June 15, 2022, 09:57:47 PM »
This is all so stupid.  These guys are professional golfers.  That means they play golf for money.  Somebody offered them more money than they could make in a career as more or less a fancy appearance fee.

yup.

for those worried about where the money comes from..........

never mind.......

Saudi Arabia's $300 billion wealth fund ditched Facebook, Disney, and Boeing stocks, and poured billions into ETFs in the second quarter

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/saudi-arabia-sovereign-wealth-fund-facebook-disney-boeing-buys-etf-2020-8-1029508471

« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 10:00:56 PM by DrMongoose »

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #293 on: June 16, 2022, 07:45:06 AM »
Speaking of morals, has Tiger weighed in?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/golf/news/tiger-woods-liv-golf-greg-norman/vvfkmeappbz6qkopti1fsntv

“I’ve decided for myself that I’m supporting the PGA Tour. That’s where my legacy is,” Woods said in November 2021. “I’ve been fortunate enough to have won 82 events on this tour and 15 major championships, and been a part of the World Golf Championships, the start of them and the end of them.”

Offline DRYANKNPULL

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #294 on: June 16, 2022, 09:44:40 AM »
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/golf/news/tiger-woods-liv-golf-greg-norman/vvfkmeappbz6qkopti1fsntv

“I’ve decided for myself that I’m supporting the PGA Tour. That’s where my legacy is,” Woods said in November 2021. “I’ve been fortunate enough to have won 82 events on this tour and 15 major championships, and been a part of the World Golf Championships, the start of them and the end of them.”

Regardless of what  anybody thinks about Tiger, he is the world wide face of golf and in one simple statement there is no Tiger/LIV story.

Offline Razorback Jedi

• Tush Hog
« Reply #295 on: June 16, 2022, 12:45:54 PM »
I think Rory is out there to destroy LIV golf. He’s going to try and become the biggest draw in golf and choke out the Saudi’s.

Offline Animal Chin

• Tush Hog
« Reply #296 on: June 16, 2022, 03:48:10 PM »
I think Rory is out there to destroy LIV golf. He’s going to try and become the biggest draw in golf and choke out the Saudi’s.

Uuuhhh do hwut?

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #297 on: June 18, 2022, 06:19:27 PM »
The Euro tour will allow LIV players.  Frankly the PGA needs to figure some shit out.  Other than big tourneys no one watches these small events.  They should tighten the schedule, change the back half of the season, and support certain event type things.  I like Skins game type things, and these events like Brady Rodgers.  I’d rather watch those with no gallery except majors and bigs.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #298 on: June 18, 2022, 08:32:50 PM »
The Euro tour will allow LIV players.  Frankly the PGA needs to figure some shit out.  Other than big tourneys no one watches these small events.  They should tighten the schedule, change the back half of the season, and support certain event type things.  I like Skins game type things, and these events like Brady Rodgers.  I’d rather watch those with no gallery except majors and bigs.

The Euro Tour has a fraction of the leverage of the PGA Tour.   The biggest trump card is held by the Official World Golf Ranking board.  If they don’t award points for these non-traditional format events on the LIV Tour, these guys eventually won’t qualify to play in the majors. 

I don’t THINK it will come to that but it could.

Offline DRYANKNPULL

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #299 on: June 21, 2022, 08:00:23 AM »
Brooks Koepka