Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: PGA 2022  (Read 11726 times)

Offline CrocodileHunter

• Chairman Emeritus of the 102 Crew
  • Tush Hog
  • ^^^ El Capitan
Re: PGA 2022
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2022, 03:34:53 PM »
And he’s too proud to ask for some handicapable ride or board to assist if they even allowed him

Lol

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2022, 03:41:16 PM »
Holy shit the knob polishing of Tiger by the announcers would make you think he shot a 12 under.

Are you new to watching golf?

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2022, 03:42:18 PM »
Holy shit the knob polishing of Tiger by the announcers would make you think he shot a 12 under.

A year ago the story was he'd never play professional golf again, so it is kind of a big deal.

fuck your feelings

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2022, 04:13:39 PM »
It could've easily been 5-over.  He made pars from everywhere. 

He got some huge breaks like the field goal on 18 that could've gone anywhere.  Way left on 9.   Way left on 14.  I mean three weekend hacker pulls/hooks.  I think people must've kicked his ball into open spots for some of those recoveries.
It is funny. I was thinking that it seems like EVERY time he hits it into the woods, he always seems to have a great lie and wide open shot. I thought the fans must either be dropping a ball for him or making sure it was a “great” shot.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2022, 04:21:36 PM »
A year ago the story was he'd never play professional golf again, so it is kind of a big deal.

It absolutely is a big deal.  And he surprised me with how well he played today, for the most part.

But if you've been watching the Golf Channel or reading anything on social media, the excessive coverage is the worst its ever been.  And in his prime it was nauseating.

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2022, 04:35:15 PM »
It absolutely is a big deal.  And he surprised me with how well he played today, for the most part.

But if you've been watching the Golf Channel or reading anything on social media, the excessive coverage is the worst its ever been.  And in his prime it was nauseating.
And that is what pisses me off about him. You would think he is the only one out there. He could be 15 shots out of the lead on the final day and you would hear very little about the leader. And every shot he makes, nobody else could make. Then when the next 10 guys make the same shot or better, it is meh..

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2022, 05:28:43 PM »
And that is what pisses me off about him. You would think he is the only one out there. He could be 15 shots out of the lead on the final day and you would hear very little about the leader. And every shot he makes, nobody else could make. Then when the next 10 guys make the same shot or better, it is meh..

I must watch different broadcasts than you guys do. Do they cover him more than others? Yes. Is that because people tune in just to watch him? Yes. Do they not cover the leader? No.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2022, 05:36:10 PM »
I must watch different broadcasts than you guys do. Do they cover him more than others? Yes. Is that because people tune in just to watch him? Yes. Do they not cover the leader? No.

Case in point. They went to the break saying Webb Simpson is one under and tied for 10th. With Tiger Woods! There are currently nine other people at one under as well. That was not mentioned.

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2022, 05:40:56 PM »
Case in point. They went to the break saying Webb Simpson is one under and tied for 10th. With Tiger Woods! There are currently nine other people at one under as well. That was not mentioned.

Did Tiger touch you in the dirty place? Did you used to work at a waffle house?

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2022, 08:46:48 PM »
Did Tiger touch you in the dirty place? Did you used to work at a waffle house?

Do you like Duke basketball?

Why or why not?

Offline hawgfanatic

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2022, 10:29:03 PM »
Do you like Duke basketball?

Why or why not?

Duke basketball in no way did for basketball what tiger did for golf. I don't think there's anything even remotely close to compare what tiger did for golf. Does it get annoying and does it go over the top sometimes? Sure. But take a step back - ratings are much higher when he's in contention. The money is insane because of what he did for golf. So yeah, they are going to show him a lot. He's kind of earned it.

Offline jdcatty

• Boar
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2022, 11:28:46 PM »
Tiger is the big story right now.  Wonder how he will feel and play tomorrow.  I have never been there, but everyone says that course is brutal to walk. Can’t see how he can make 4 days.  And frankly, by the end of the day tomorrow, he will know one way or the other.  And if he knows he can’t make it, he should withdraw.  Open up one more spot for someone to play the last two days.

Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Hell was he thinking?

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
  • Bout to get juicy.
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2022, 11:30:41 PM »
Are you new to watching golf?

Not really.  Is it some old rich man badge of honor if I say I watch the most?

Its a dumb game.  I do like watching Tiger though.

Offline TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2022, 12:53:02 AM »
It’s a conspiracy.  Just admit you hate Tiger because he is black.  Or is it because you can’t abide such a dominating athlete.  You probably cheered when Secretariat died.  Think Bill Belichick is a cheater.

Tiger is the most dominating athlete outside of Secretariat.  It’s talent and relentless hard work.  He has pushed through pain and injury.  He has been great for golf.  It will suck when he hangs them up.  I don’t think he’ll win but I would like to see it.

Offline Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2022, 06:05:08 AM »
What a great sports weekend.

Opening weekend, the Masters, and beating the shit out of Florida.

Offline BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2022, 08:54:58 AM »
What a great sports weekend.

Opening weekend, the Masters, and beating the shit out of Florida.

and the australian grand prix.  set your dvr, it airs live saturday night at midnight.

fuck your feelings

Offline rzrbkfan69

• Tush Hog
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2022, 11:00:43 AM »
And if he knows he can’t make it, he should withdraw.  Open up one more spot for someone to play the last two days.

That's not how the cut works. If he withdraws, no one takes his spot.

You hear that? My friends are laughing at me!!! They are laughing at me! - Clark

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2022, 11:29:48 AM »
That's not how the cut works. If he withdraws, no one takes his spot.

If it is Top 50 and ties, it could happen that someone else could move up if he WDs.

Offline mr.zorak

• Curator of Crapola
  • Tush Hog
  • keep your friends close and your enemies closer...
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2022, 11:50:52 AM »
I love golf but the cramming of him down our throats is what I don’t like.  It’s all about ratings though and money talks and I completely understand how he “moves the needle”.

His recovery from that wreck is remarkable though.  He has worked hard to even walk much less shoot -1 at Augusta.

I absolutely fucking despise what he put his family through with his inability to control his dick and ego.  He has damn sure paid the price for that one though.

"Almost always in the top 5 dooshapalooza rankings."
frick that i want the, fresh as a whistle
He did.  Actually it has been said by every president in one way or another.  FDR said, “even my crippled ass likes a great pair of tits!”

Offline Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2022, 12:12:05 PM »
I love golf but the cramming of him down our throats is what I don’t like.  It’s all about ratings though and money talks and I completely understand how he “moves the needle”.

His recovery from that wreck is remarkable though.  He has worked hard to even walk much less shoot -1 at Augusta.

I absolutely fucking despise what he put his family through with his inability to control his dick and ego.  He has damn sure paid the price for that one though.
all of this. I’d like to see someone else win. I don’t give af about tiger woods…this asshole was probably under the influence of something when he crashed and yet nobody tested him because he’s tiger.

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline mr.zorak

• Curator of Crapola
  • Tush Hog
  • keep your friends close and your enemies closer...
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2022, 01:10:37 PM »
That wind today is wicked.  Schwarzel is happy to be indoors right now I bet.

"Almost always in the top 5 dooshapalooza rankings."
frick that i want the, fresh as a whistle
He did.  Actually it has been said by every president in one way or another.  FDR said, “even my crippled ass likes a great pair of tits!”

Offline Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2022, 01:40:37 PM »
That wind today is wicked.  Schwarzel is happy to be indoors right now I bet.

Rough start for Tiger

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2022, 02:08:40 PM »
It’s a conspiracy.  Just admit you hate Tiger because he is black.  Or is it because you can’t abide such a dominating athlete.  You probably cheered when Secretariat died.  Think Bill Belichick is a cheater.

Tiger is the most dominating athlete outside of Secretariat.  It’s talent and relentless hard work.  He has pushed through pain and injury.  He has been great for golf.  It will suck when he hangs them up.  I don’t think he’ll win but I would like to see it.

I won't dignify your second sentence.   So I shouldn't dignify any of them, but they are all so ludicrous.

The third is somewhat fair because I tend to be a fan of the underdog (Razorbacks, anyone?).  But I can and do respect his skill and accomplishments.

I was 3 when Secretariat died, so...no.  And I never get tired of watching all of his Triple Crown wins in old videos.

Belichick transformed an organization, but I'm a Dolphins fan so obviously I don't like him (but don't think he's a cheater).

Exactly this.  No matter what some try to assume are my feelings, which I've consistently stated.

I don't need Tiger to move the needle.  I watched golf long before him and will long after.   

The party line toers on Golf Channel last night piled one of the analysts, Paul McGinley, because he dared try to infuse some realism in that there was still a long way to go in this tournament.  The other guys wouldn't hear it.  To them, Tiger had everyone where he wanted them.

Offline jdcatty

• Boar
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2022, 05:54:22 PM »
Tiger sure looked tired walking from the 18th green to the Clubhouse.  Like him or not, you have to admit he’s a gutsy, determined SOB.

Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Hell was he thinking?

Offline papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2022, 06:49:27 PM »
Tiger sure looked tired walking from the 18th green to the Clubhouse.  Like him or not, you have to admit he’s a gutsy, determined SOB.

and let's step back and remember - it is just golf