Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: PGA 2022  (Read 10747 times)

Offline CardHog

• Tush Hog
Re: PGA 2022
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2022, 07:35:10 AM »
Daly birdies the 1st hole to take sole possession of the lead.    :stache:

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2022, 11:34:55 AM »
Daly hanging in there. 

Tiger is not.  But as usual, every fart is broadcast. 

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2022, 01:33:02 PM »
Daly hanging in there. 

He was grimacing on his last few shots like his back was going out again. I look for him to withdraw tomorrow if he starts out shitting the bed.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2022, 04:25:09 PM »
It drives me crazy that the same “experts” completely reverse course in a matter of about 12 hours.  The guy who “only shows up if he thinks he’s going to win” is suddenly described in the same realistic terms as some of us see him beforehand.  He’s a 47-year-old dude struggling   through lingering issues from at least a half dozen MAJOR surgeries to his mid-to-lower body, playing a sport that heavily depends on those body parts being in good working condition. 

It’s not an indictment on his character or grit or any superlatives that defined the vast majority of his career.  It’s just reality.  Age is and will always remain undefeated.   

Offline uagrad2007

• Tush Hog
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2022, 04:47:42 PM »
Daly hanging in there. 

pagtour.com has 6 stories with videos at the top of the page.  3 of them are about Tiger.  They are already trying to make excuses.  One of the stories is about him having new irons and wedges in his bag.  He's currently tied for 117 in the tournament, but he's half of the stories at the top of their page.  I'm so ready for him to retire and never play again.   :thumbdown:

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2022, 07:50:41 PM »
Our guy

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2022, 09:11:07 PM »
It’s funny and sad at the same time. 

He could’ve won half a dozen majors. 

And I’m not hating on him.  We all have our demons. 

Offline hogfan58

• When people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2022, 09:23:00 AM »
pagtour.com has 6 stories with videos at the top of the page.  3 of them are about Tiger.  They are already trying to make excuses.  One of the stories is about him having new irons and wedges in his bag.  He's currently tied for 117 in the tournament, but he's half of the stories at the top of their page.  I'm so ready for him to retire and never play again.   :thumbdown:

But a couple weeks before The Open the articles will start coming out about how great Eldrick feels and how the course sets up well for him, how he "knows how to play it". Then either the wind or rain or both with fuck him up and the excuses will start.

Trust me, as you get to know me I just get weirder

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2022, 11:46:14 AM »
It’s funny and sad at the same time. 

He could’ve won half a dozen majors. 

And I’m not hating on him.  We all have our demons.

this - dude had won 2 majors at age 29 - a rare feat back then

1995 season -
Became youngest active player on TOUR with two major championship titles and fourth American at the time since World War II to win two majors before his 30th birthday, joining Jack Nicklaus, Tom Watson and Johnny Miller. <- pretty good company to be in right there.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2022, 12:23:15 PM »
Almost halfway through Round 2 and there will be certain exits for some big names...

Patrick Cantlay +11 - not sure what's going on with him, maybe an injury he's trying to play through

Daniel Berger +9 - head case issues; he contends regularly and wins occasionally but stinks in the majors

Corey Conners +8 - maybe doesn't fit the "big name" category but he's been on the rise and started to contend at the majors; probably the biggest surprise of these because he's so consistent

Dustin Johnson +8 - maybe he's back on the powder; maybe it's too much honeymoon pussy

Tiger Woods +4 - hasn't started yet today, but come on...

Both Scheffler and Morikawa are approaching the cut line, and the weather is supposed to keep getting better than it is right now.

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2022, 12:53:33 PM »
Almost halfway through Round 2 and there will be certain exits for some big names...

Patrick Cantlay +11 - not sure what's going on with him, maybe an injury he's trying to play through

Daniel Berger +9 - head case issues; he contends regularly and wins occasionally but stinks in the majors

Corey Conners +8 - maybe doesn't fit the "big name" category but he's been on the rise and started to contend at the majors; probably the biggest surprise of these because he's so consistent

Dustin Johnson +8 - maybe he's back on the powder; maybe it's too much honeymoon pussy

Tiger Woods +4 - hasn't started yet today, but come on...

Both Scheffler and Morikawa are approaching the cut line, and the weather is supposed to keep getting better than it is right now.
I could do without the BS crew on the split screen. They never talk about the players that are playing in front of them.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2022, 01:15:47 PM »
 :notexas: Scottie just doubled his last hole to go to +6.   That's currently tied for 105th place.   It's hard to imagine the cut going that high.  My guess is that it will be around +4.

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2022, 01:21:18 PM »
:notexas: Scottie just doubled his last hole to go to +6.   That's currently tied for 105th place.   It's hard to imagine the cut going that high.  My guess is that it will be around +4.
Probably be wherever Tiwoo ends up.

Offline Hogworth Ballington III

• Tush Hog
I just want to get paid for sucking ass

Offline bogeyfree

• Wild Hog
« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2022, 01:42:17 PM »
Incredible round from JT today in that wind.  Surgical

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2022, 01:51:15 PM »
It's just amazing the way they fluff Tiger.

After banana slicing his first tee shot into the rough, Duval said it would be an amazing recovery to just get the second shot on the green.  He did, about 50 feet from the hole. 

What wasn't said was he used a sand wedge and that green is probably the largest on the course.

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2022, 01:56:40 PM »
There are 16 posts on this page. Eight of them mention Tiger. It appears WooPig is obsessed with him also.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2022, 01:58:39 PM »
There are 16 posts on this page. Eight of them mention Tiger. It appears WooPig is obsessed with him also.

You clearly aren't watching. 

I will admit to being obsessed with hoping he shoots 80 every round because then I can at least enjoy the weekend coverage of players who are actually in contention.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2022, 01:59:39 PM »
Sage Steel got nailed by errant drive yesterday.   :portishead:

https://www.outkick.com/sage-steele-hit-by-tee-shot-at-pga-championship/

Embattled ESPN anchor Sage Steele was taken to a Tulsa hospital on Thursday after she was hit by a tee shot while watching the PGA Championship as a media spectator.

On the third hole on Thursday, Jon Rahm’s tee shot hooked wide left and hit Steele at reportedly 181 MPH.

Golf writer Geoff Shackelford describes watching the incident unfold in real time:

“I was standing behind the tee when Rahm hit a hard hook into the left trees. He immediately yelled ‘Fore Left!’ and aggressively waved his arm pointing left. The impact must have been brutal: Rahm’s tee shot ended up in the center of the fairway.”

Brutal, indeed. Shackelford also relayed that Steele was “on the ground, holding her nose, mouth or chin area” with blood all over her hands.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2022, 02:00:59 PM »
You clearly aren't watching. 

I will admit to being obsessed with hoping he shoots 80 every round because then I can at least enjoy the weekend coverage of players who are actually in contention.

10 out of 17.  ;D ;D ;D

Edit: Nobody said there would be math.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 02:02:16 PM by USAFHawg »

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2022, 02:16:23 PM »
Sage Steel got nailed by errant drive yesterday.   :portishead:

https://www.outkick.com/sage-steele-hit-by-tee-shot-at-pga-championship/

Embattled ESPN anchor Sage Steele was taken to a Tulsa hospital on Thursday after she was hit by a tee shot while watching the PGA Championship as a media spectator.

On the third hole on Thursday, Jon Rahm’s tee shot hooked wide left and hit Steele at reportedly 181 MPH.

Golf writer Geoff Shackelford describes watching the incident unfold in real time:

“I was standing behind the tee when Rahm hit a hard hook into the left trees. He immediately yelled ‘Fore Left!’ and aggressively waved his arm pointing left. The impact must have been brutal: Rahm’s tee shot ended up in the center of the fairway.”

Brutal, indeed. Shackelford also relayed that Steele was “on the ground, holding her nose, mouth or chin area” with blood all over her hands.

I guess she WILL be silenced after all. 

Offline mr.zorak

• Curator of Crapola
  • Tush Hog
  • keep your friends close and your enemies closer...
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2022, 10:00:00 PM »
Will be interesting to see if Zalatoris can keep cooking.  He hit some great approach shots today.

Bubba Watson was wedging his way up too.

"Almost always in the top 5 dooshapalooza rankings."
frick that i want the, fresh as a whistle
He did.  Actually it has been said by every president in one way or another.  FDR said, “even my crippled ass likes a great pair of tits!”

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2022, 11:39:21 PM »
Willy Z will go as far as his putter takes him.  So far that has been way better than at any other time in his career.  He’s made a setup adjustment just this week that is definitely working. 

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #173 on: May 21, 2022, 09:17:42 AM »
This may be the stat of the day…

https://twitter.com/dylan_dethier/status/1528013755275157504?s=21&t=SeB491AEN5uJIi_a75EFyg

“Shaun Norris is 40 years old. He has 538 Twitter followers. In his career he has made two cuts at majors. And both times he has been paired with Tiger Woods.”

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #174 on: May 21, 2022, 12:04:46 PM »
Woods is +13 and they start the day off interviewing him. And, let’s show his every move….