Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 2022 College Baseball thread  (Read 12921 times)

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
2022 College Baseball thread
« on: March 26, 2022, 10:11:28 PM »
Couldn’t find a thread on this. There may be one and if so, please combine this one.

Ole Piss is ranked #1 apparently. They are getting shot stomped by Tennessee 10-2. And I think Tenn beat them yesterday by a large margin.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
Re: 2022 College Baseball thread
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 10:21:41 PM »
Tennessee is legit this year. Their offense can rake, and they appear to have great pitching.

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 10:25:25 PM »
Tennessee is legit this year. Their offense can rake, and they appear to have great pitching.
Looks like it. They can hit, lead in HRs, ERA, and something else. 17 hits against OM tonight.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 07:22:44 AM »
They can preen.  You forgot that part.  I’m sure their bar flip game is in midseason form. 

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline hogfan58

• When people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 07:48:49 AM »
TT walks it off against  :notexas: again, this time with a slammy

https://www.si.com/college/2022/03/27/kurt-wilson-texas-tech-back-to-back-walk-offs

Trust me, as you get to know me I just get weirder

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
2022 College Baseball thread
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2022, 08:14:00 AM »
I’m still laughing at Texas losing the first game of that series on a play I’ve only seen in 9U travel ball where the pitcher just loses focus and forgets about the runner on 3rd.

EDIT: I just realized that the kid whole stole home to walk it off Friday is the same one who hit the walk off GS.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 08:18:22 AM by Feral »

Offline nwa_two_to_too

• A Shoat
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 05:38:58 PM »
 Nice

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2022, 06:27:24 PM »
Memphis just had the bases loaded, 1 out against Miss. State and didn’t score. Maybe they need some beer hats.

Offline Mazeppa Pompazoidi

• Wild Hog
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2022, 09:36:51 AM »
I know some on here don't like Tony Vitello, but I've been a fan of of his, despite some of his antics.  He's trying to establish a winning culture in baseball, at a school who has been a perennial loser for quite some time.  Some may disagree with his methods, but the quick turnaround is nothing short of impressive.  There are a lot of similarities between what he is doing and what Muss is doing at Arkansas, although I think Muss does it in a much more clever, less antagonistic way.

That being said, if he's been brazenly cheating to accomplish what he has at Tennessee, then fuck him and the Volunqueers. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/tennessee-baseball-player-jordan-beck-called-out-after-hitting-home-run-with-illegal-bat/ar-AAVM0v9?li=BBnbfcL

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2022, 10:23:00 AM »
He sounded like a deflecting bitch. There was no sticker…but there was a sticker, just not the right sticker.  Take your medicine and do better for your failure. 

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline jsimp

• Boar
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2022, 11:36:16 AM »
I don’t hate vitello either and I hate everybody

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2022, 04:40:23 PM »
I know some on here don't like Tony Vitello, but I've been a fan of of his, despite some of his antics.  He's trying to establish a winning culture in baseball, at a school who has been a perennial loser for quite some time.  Some may disagree with his methods, but the quick turnaround is nothing short of impressive.  There are a lot of similarities between what he is doing and what Muss is doing at Arkansas, although I think Muss does it in a much more clever, less antagonistic way.

That being said, if he's been brazenly cheating to accomplish what he has at Tennessee, then fuck him and the Volunqueers. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/tennessee-baseball-player-jordan-beck-called-out-after-hitting-home-run-with-illegal-bat/ar-AAVM0v9?li=BBnbfcL

that is basic stuff - Tennessee and Tony knows the rules, the umps have to check the bats prior to each game including stickers and there is paperwork. Most likely that bat was taken out by the umpires for not having the correct sticker so if Tennessee is stupid enough to try and use it they get what the deserve.

Also, my understanding is the the sticker doesn't just fall off. Even if it somehow comes off - no sticker = no use.

Also, the stickers are the result of bat testing before a series - the home team has to employ a bat tester (3rd party) to make sure the bats are legal (not hot). the ones that are legal get a sticker.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/sports/baseball/rules/PRMBB_BatBarrelCompressionTesting.pdf

it's one thing to establish a culture and another to cheat. this was cheating and they got caught.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 04:44:38 PM by DrMongoose »
Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2022, 05:05:30 PM »
It’s interesting what Corbin said about the incident.

"It has been part of what has been going around during the course of the week in terms of the SEC and us talking about it," Corbin said. "It has been out there. It just made sense to do that.”

That sure makes it sound like TN has been cheating for a while.

Riding in seat #1 on the Muss Bus.

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2022, 05:10:58 PM »
It’s interesting what Corbin said about the incident.

"It has been part of what has been going around during the course of the week in terms of the SEC and us talking about it," Corbin said. "It has been out there. It just made sense to do that.”

That sure makes it sound like TN has been cheating for a while.

Sounds to me like another coach tipped him off.

Offline Sooiiee Generis

• A Danger to Himself and Others
  • Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2022, 05:20:39 PM »
From what I saw, the umps kept the bat last night so I would assume the conference takes the bat and tests it to make sure it is not compromised in some way. From trying to read Vitello's lips last night, it looked like he was screaming at the umps to give him his bat back. They refused.

Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fellow says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace - and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2022, 05:23:34 PM »
Him wanting it back sure looked shady…

Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2022, 05:25:31 PM »
Do they shave baseball bats like they do softball bats?

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2022, 05:54:23 PM »
Either the bat was legal or it wasn’t.  I don’t care about the sticker.

The conference can and should clear this issue up by releasing the results.

Riding in seat #1 on the Muss Bus.

Online Hogworth Ballington III

• Tush Hog
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2022, 06:20:37 PM »
So are we thinking they get bats cleared for a series, then pick a certain number to swap out with bats from a previous series that still have a sticker (just not the right one, obviously) but are now juiced in some way (rolling, shaving, etc.)?

I just want to get paid for sucking ass

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2022, 06:27:37 PM »
Wouldn’t surprise me. 

Online Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2022, 06:34:54 PM »
Our resident Tennessee fan aside, it’ll be funny watching Tennessee fans bend over backwards to defend him.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2022, 08:51:57 PM »
Tennessee has all the makings of a total implosion and meltdown in the post-season.

Think the pressure is getting to them?

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2022, 10:14:44 PM »
I know it’s just a mid-week game, but…

Air Force knocked the T out of the sips tonight, 14-2.   AT Dick-Fuck Field. 

https://texassports.com/sidearmstats/baseball/summary

:notexas:

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline HughJasole

• Checking out your girl's baseline shift
  • Tush Hog
  • Activating glutes daily
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2022, 01:21:04 AM »
I know it’s just a mid-week game, but…

Air Force knocked the T out of the sips tonight, 14-2.   AT Dick-Fuck Field. 

https://texassports.com/sidearmstats/baseball/summary

:notexas:

Ole Miss lost 13-3 to Southeast Missouri State. Oklahoma State lost to Oral Roberts, Georgia lost to Clemson and Virginia lost to VCU. Midweek games don't really help you if you win but they can hurt you if you lose. Especially the teams that aren't in the top 25.