Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 2022 College Baseball thread  (Read 12922 times)

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
Re: 2022 College Baseball thread
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2022, 06:51:09 PM »
I don’t think we could score 27 on a high school team.

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2022, 08:00:05 PM »
That was the final.

Thanks, the note said b9, so I wondered if MSU came back.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2022, 11:41:05 PM »
I don’t think we could score 27 on a high school team.

We could, dammit.   

But we’d somehow bumble into losing 29-27. 

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
<--- I'm with him

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2022, 07:31:21 AM »
Run into the infielder…interference and safe at some base.

Run into an umpire…out!

What a crazy world we live in.

Riding in seat #1 on the Muss Bus.

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2022, 07:35:05 AM »
I never saw the replay of the actual contact.  Where exactly was the umpire when contact occurred?

Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2022, 07:35:48 AM »
Wow

https://twitter.com/Coach_JHendrick/status/1528147276283187201?t=EaKQffn0rKyskGBU1kYy6A&s=19

I'm not sure what the coach is so pissed about since I've known the rule "the ump is part of the field" ever since I played baseball. Does he not know the rules?

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2022, 07:36:35 AM »
I never saw the replay of the actual contact.  Where exactly was the umpire when contact occurred?

https://mobile.twitter.com/bigdonkey47/status/1528485752027418628

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2022, 07:51:26 AM »
I'm not sure what the coach is so pissed about since I've known the rule "the ump is part of the field" ever since I played baseball. Does he not know the rules?

Rule 9.01 (c) Each umpire has authority to rule on any point not specifically covered in these rules.

Umpire interference with a base runner is not covered within the rules.  The only times umpire interference is mentioned are 1) when umpire interferes with catcher trying to throw, or 2) when batted ball hits umpire.

As such, 9.01 (c) applies.  The umpire had the ability to make a judgment call to correct his effect on the play.  He could have awarded the batter second base, since he would've easily made it that far.  He could have given him first base, as that was the last base he had occupied safely before the contact.  Or he could allow the results of the play to stand, knowing that his own incompetence had cost a team the chance at winning their final game of the season.  He chose...poorly.

?s=20

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2022, 08:02:57 AM »
Rule 9.01 (c) Each umpire has authority to rule on any point not specifically covered in these rules.

Umpire interference with a base runner is not covered within the rules.  The only times umpire interference is mentioned are 1) when umpire interferes with catcher trying to throw, or 2) when batted ball hits umpire.

As such, 9.01 (c) applies.  The umpire had the ability to make a judgment call to correct his effect on the play.  He could have awarded the batter second base, since he would've easily made it that far.  He could have given him first base, as that was the last base he had occupied safely before the contact.  Or he could allow the results of the play to stand, knowing that his own incompetence had cost a team the chance at winning their final game of the season.  He chose...poorly.

I guess I am thinking more of football, maybe. We've all seen videos of a ref helping make a tackle (ball carrier runs into him) or preventing a tackle (nice block ref). Play just moves on. Ref is part of the field.

This feels like that since there was physical contact.

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2022, 08:05:42 AM »
I guess I am thinking more of football, maybe. We've all seen videos of a ref helping make a tackle (ball carrier runs into him) or preventing a tackle (nice block ref). Play just moves on. Ref is part of the field.

This feels like that since there was physical contact.

No, I would think you're right in that he had that option.  It just wasn't the best one, or the fairest.  The rule I cited gives umpires leeway to deal with problems outside the norm.   

Had he done as I suggested and granted the hitter first base (or even second), it's not like he was handing NSU the victory.  The next batter could've made an out and ended the game the same way.  The choice he made effectively took the game out of the players' hands.

?s=20

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2022, 08:11:42 AM »
I wonder what effect the runner continuing on had on the thought process. Had he returned to first he would have been safe. He was tripped a couple of feet past first.  Seems the runner decided to go for it but didn’t have to.

Not saying that is right call.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
2022 College Baseball thread
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2022, 08:17:13 AM »
Two questions come to mind
1) what was that Ump doing at first? You have the play a 1,000 times a season. Awful mechanics or horrid brain fart. In a 3 man crew you move even less, dude was way out of position and his sole responsibility there is that runner so what is he watching and doing ?

2) why did the runner try to advance to 2nd after the collision? Did he think he was protected to do so? Did the first base coach tell him to go? That was not a good decision.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2022, 08:55:05 AM »
This one is cool. Scoring from 2nd on a sac fly. And it's major college baseball, Georgia Tech v Pitt.

https://www.google.com/search?q=twitter+georgia+tech+sac+fly+second+base&sxsrf=ALiCzsb5yjP5ZHQCWCDivBiEOFvusLLmrw%3A1653312571831&source=hp&ei=O4yLYo-uMJaQ0PEPwvyVEA&oq=&gs_lcp=ChFtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1ocBABGAAyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyDQguEMcBEK8BEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyDQguEMcBEK8BEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECcyDQguEMcBEKMCEOoCECcyDQguEMcBEKMCEOoCECcyDQguEMcBEK8BEOoCECcyBwgjEOoCECdQAFgAYP0KaAFwAHgAgAEAiAEAkgEAmAEAsAEP&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-hp#

Good hustle but horribly lazy by the centerfielder, and part of a Little League half-inning by Pitt in a game they were leading 5-2:

Georgia Tech - Top of 5th
Play Description   GT   UP
Hall, Co reached on a fielding error by ss, advanced to second (1-1 BS).                                                                                                                     2   5
Jackson, Jad singled to right field, advanced to second on a fielding error by rf, advanced to third, RBI (2-0 BB); Hall, Co scored, unearned.     3   5
Simpson, C doubled, RBI (0-0); Jackson, Jad scored.                                                                                                                                                      4    5
Parada, K flied out to cf, SF, RBI (2-1 BSB); Simpson, C scored.                                                                                                                                    5   5
Jenkins, A doubled to left center (2-2 BBFF).                                                                                                                                                                  5   5
Gonzalez, T lined out to 1b (0-1 F).                                                                                                                                                                                  5   5
Borden, T homered to right field, unearned, 2 RBI (0-0); Jenkins, A scored, unearned.                                                                                              7   5
Reid, S singled to left field (0-0).                                                                                                                                                                                      7   5
Compton, D grounded out to 1b unassisted (2-0 BB).                                                                                                                                                  7   5

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2022, 09:42:59 AM »
In a 3 man crew you move even less

I can't see twitter at work, so I have no clue what happened in the play. I just wanted to comment that the above is not true. Generally, you move a lot more using 3 man mechanics.

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2022, 09:44:39 AM »
Didn't we have someone score from second on a sac fly to win a Super Regional game years back? Maybe against FSU?

<--- I'm with him

Offline Hizhog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2022, 10:03:30 AM »
The photo showing that ump running into the base path while looking into the outfield is the most damning part. Just a complete brainfart. I didn’t get a good look at the play at 2nd, but you’d think anything close, a reasonable person would call the runner safe.

Carolina on my mind...

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2022, 10:21:29 AM »
I can't see twitter at work, so I have no clue what happened in the play. I just wanted to comment that the above is not true. Generally, you move a lot more using 3 man mechanics.

more movement than in 2-man mechanics?

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2022, 10:34:40 AM »
more movement than in 2-man mechanics?

Definitely. You do a lot more rotating in 3 man than you do in 2 man. You also have more options for "chasing" fly balls to the outfield. While I know this was talking about the 1st base ump, watch the 3rd base ump when the ball is hit. That person is moving like crazy.

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2022, 12:26:39 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/bigdonkey47/status/1528485752027418628
That is pretty bad.  The dude didn’t even make a wide turn at the bag.  The ump was in the worst position possible.  That is bad.

Offline woodhog14

• A Shoat
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2022, 12:34:42 PM »
The batter that got screwed on the double, Blaze Brothers, is from Springdale.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2022, 01:07:12 PM »
The batter that got screwed on the double, Blaze Brothers, is from Springdale.

Sounds like a good name for a BBQ joint.

Or a smoking parlor.

Offline jdcatty

• Boar
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2022, 08:32:34 AM »

Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Hell was he thinking?

Online Hogworth Ballington III

• Tush Hog
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2022, 08:57:51 AM »
Ga fan calling out the Whistler:

https://twitter.com/dpiggler/status/1529452786064281602?s=21&t=AFexruRQT67gPL3-Ss81sw

He's an ole piss alum. Barton beat you to it by a good 30 min+

I just want to get paid for sucking ass