Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Hogs vs Howlin and Shit—-Baseball  (Read 2457 times)

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
  • Jump Back, Kiss Myself!
Re: Hogs vs Howlin and Shit—-Baseball
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2022, 06:56:49 PM »
Bottom of the seventh. Hogs up. This game could have been over except for our bullpen again. New pitcher for ASU.

Wallace flies out to the track in center. 1 down.

Slavens fouls one off his face. Slavens is down. Looks like it hit him in the right eye. He’s up and they are still checking him out.
Slavens should just turn the other cheek....  (glad he looks OK)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 06:57:53 PM by SpiderHam »

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2022, 07:03:08 PM »
Top of the eighth. ASU up. There should be a rule that only attractive, young women can sit in camera range behind home plate. Ledbetter in to pitch for the Hogs.

Cail leads off. Grounds out on a slow roller to second. 1 down.

Deshazier singles to right center. 1 on.

Tremmel lines out to Battles who throws to first for the DP.

Hogs lead 10-3 mid 8.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 07:08:59 PM by Son_of_Spam »
The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2022, 07:10:52 PM »
Bottom of the eighth. Hogs up. Jeans in to pitch for ASU.

Battles leads off. Grounds out softly to first. 1 away.

Ibuprofen grounds out to short. 2 away.

Varnado goes down looking.

Hogs lead 10-3 after 8.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 07:15:45 PM by Son_of_Spam »
The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2022, 07:14:59 PM »

There should be a rule that only attractive, young women can sit in camera range behind home plate.

She's a friend of mine. I'll tell her you said that. [emoji16]

Just be glad that it's not me. Because it sure could be.

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2022, 07:17:16 PM »

She's a friend of mine. I'll tell her you said that. [emoji16]

Just be glad that it's not me. Because it sure could be.
Wasn’t talking about those there now. All the games seem to have “not very attractive” people sitting there. I wouldn’t ever be surprised to see you there, feeding that huge ego on camera.  ;D

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2022, 07:17:56 PM »
Top of the ninth. Pleimann in to pitch for the Hogs.

Pinch hitter leads off. Goes down swinging. 1 away.

Olson goes down swinging. 2 away.

Next up grounds out to short.

Hogs win 10-3!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 07:21:55 PM by Son_of_Spam »

Offline jsimp

• Boar
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2022, 03:00:37 PM »
i always pull for all the in state teams when they arent playing the hogs. except jonesboro. for some reason im in favor of them getting their ass kicked as badly and as often as possible. they only have like 5 fans  so its not a mouthy, dooshy attitude online. i dont understand the source  of my hate but its real

Online bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2022, 03:13:45 PM »
i always pull for all the in state teams when they arent playing the hogs. except jonesboro. for some reason im in favor of them getting their ass kicked as badly and as often as possible. they only have like 5 fans  so its not a mouthy, dooshy attitude online. i dont understand the source  of my hate but its real

It’s funny you bring this up. My 15 year old asked why I don't follow State.  I used the word hate a dozen times but looking back I can’t say why I hate them.  Honestly, I think it stems from the few State fans I’ve met and how butt hurt they are that Arkansas is the more popular school.

Riding in seat #1 on the Muss Bus.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2022, 03:16:18 PM »

I used to feel like that having grown up in NEA (Newport specifically). Lived in Jonesboro for a few years even. Basically, it boils down to a small cadre of individuals who are completely eaten up with "Hog envy". My sister and Brother-in-law are both ASU grads as is his cousin. All 3 of them live in Fayetteville now and have season tix for football, basketball AND baseball. THAT represents the majority of stAte fans actually. We don't really compete on the same level in ANYTHING really so it's no that hard to root for both when they aren't playing each other. OTOH, it is fun to see us playing the in-state teams in basketball and baseball. Gives us a (usually) decent mid-week non conference opponent and provides some interest where none really would exist for in out-of-state directional school. Bottom line is, they are NOT and NEVER WILL BE a threat to us. As long as we have a Hunter Yurachek and the caliber of coaches we have on The Hill right now, we will remain LIGHT YEARS ahead of them.

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
  • Jump Back, Kiss Myself!
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2022, 04:02:08 PM »
What I truly hate are the handful of NEA fans (many of whom went to Arkansas) who love all things A State till they suck and then crawl back over to the Hog bandwagon like nothing ever happened.  Fuck those folks.  You can cheer for the Red Injun Wolves but don’t knock the Hogs when we are down. 

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2022, 05:06:47 PM »
It was cool when they were playing for the 1-AA NC because that felt like where they belonged.   I pulled for them then. 

Now they feel like they should be seen on the same level, when they have done absolutely nothing to earn it.

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman