Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Garth  (Read 5738 times)

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
Garth
« on: April 20, 2022, 11:14:22 AM »
For those attending the Garth show, be sure and get there early as WooPig's own HoggyBones (with Eddie - the Raging Idiots) will be the opening act.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Garth
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 11:32:36 AM »
For those attending the Garth show, be sure and get there early as WooPig's own HoggyBones (with Eddie - the Raging Idiots) will be the opening act.

A bunch of us from #HogTwitter are renting out one of the tents in the lawn across Maple from Lot 44.  Tent #10.  Stop by and say hi. We'll probably have enough booze to share.  :D  I'm providing pulled pork.  We'll likely get there around 2. 

Offline Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 11:50:44 AM »
Hoggybones is the opening act? He’s a DJ not a musician

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 12:10:48 PM »
I'll be there, up in the nosebleeds. My parents, sister, and gf are all going. We won't be getting there until 5:30 or so. Hoping I can still get a spot in fhs parking lot then.

fuck your feelings

Offline uagrad2007

• Tush Hog
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 12:28:12 PM »
I'll be there, up in the nosebleeds. My parents, sister, and gf are all going. We won't be getting there until 5:30 or so. Hoping I can still get a spot in fhs parking lot then.

I'll be up there in the nosebleed seats with you.

Offline big_pig

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2022, 12:34:35 PM »
I swear, you'd think the Beatles were coming to town with how everyone is talking about this concert.

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2022, 12:43:48 PM »
Hoggybones is the opening act? He’s a DJ not a musician

Yes, he is the opening act. Yes, he is a DJ. He also tours around the country with his producer, Eddie. They call themselves the Raging Idiots. It is more of a comedy show than serious music.

Offline Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2022, 12:57:23 PM »
I swear, you'd think the Beatles were coming to town with how everyone is talking about this concert.
agreed. I’ve seen Garth before and it was ok  but like every concert that comes through to arkansas, you’d think people had never had musical acts come through before. It’s all people talk about and it’s like some major outing.

Also wtf is hoggybones the opener. A musical act would be better and more fitting. Seriously Hoggybones?

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2022, 01:02:50 PM »
agreed. I’ve seen Garth before and it was ok  but like every concert that comes through to arkansas, you’d think people had never had musical acts come through before. It’s all people talk about and it’s like some major outing.

Also wtf is hoggybones the opener. A musical act would be better and more fitting. Seriously Hoggybones?

If you've seen Garth before, then you know that he usually doesn't have an "opening act". Between him and Trisha you get enough entertainment for your dollar. I'm thinking Garth is letting him do this because it is in RRS. Also, Hoggybones (under the stage name Bobby Bones) has played the Opry. They sellout everywhere they go. Just admit you know nothing about him and sit this one out.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2022, 01:10:11 PM »
If you've seen Garth before, then you know that he usually doesn't have an "opening act". Between him and Trisha you get enough entertainment for your dollar. I'm thinking Garth is letting him do this because it is in RRS. Also, Hoggybones (under the stage name Bobby Bones) has played the Opry. They sellout everywhere they go. Just admit you know nothing about him and sit this one out.

Well played sir.

Also, I'll argue that in terms of hit songs and sold out concert venues, Garth is about THE biggest thing in country music (sic) ever.  Every single one of his shows on this Stadium Tour has sold out in a matter of hours if not minutes.  To most of these 70,000 people who will be in RRS on Saturday, he IS as big as the Beatles. 

I've seen Garth 3 times in my life.  Every single time, he puts on a great show.  If it's not your thing, then shut up.   Quit fucking ragging on people who like something that you are MEH about. 

Offline aparker2005

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2022, 01:11:58 PM »
Met up very briefly with Garth's drummer Mike Palmer last time they were in Bossier City. Garth's tour manager got in touch with him for me and Mike mailed me a signed drum head he had used in Vegas. We were front row to the side of the drums in Bossier. Mike came over after the show and said hi and thanked me for reaching out and all. Really awesome guy.

Wife and I will be in section 107 for this show. Pretty excited to see them again

Sent from my SM-S908U | PM me for my OnlyFans!

Hog fan

Offline CrocodileHunter

• Chairman Emeritus of the 102 Crew
  • Tush Hog
  • ^^^ El Capitan
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2022, 01:14:44 PM »

If you aren’t going then why do you care?  Just need more stuff to bitch about?

Offline Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2022, 01:18:26 PM »
If you aren’t going then why do you care?  Just need more stuff to bitch about?
because it’s a message board and open forum you bitch

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2022, 01:23:37 PM »
because it’s a message board and open forum you bitch

Well, goddamn, add something productive and positive for a change as opposed to your constant negative bullshit.  There are 70K people excited AF about this concert.  Intents sold out 20 20x20 tents in the lawn by the Poultry Science building  for pre-concert tailgating at $600 per.   My crew of about 30 people are getting to our tent around 1. It's going to be an all day affair.  So go back to your fringe uninteresting musical tastes and your chicken tender breading threads and leave us Garth Brooks lovers alone.

Offline Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2022, 01:27:50 PM »
Well, goddamn, add something productive and positive for a change as opposed to your constant negative bullshit.  There are 70K people excited AF about this concert.  Intents sold out 20 20x20 tents in the lawn by the Poultry Science building  for pre-concert tailgating at $600 per.   My crew of about 30 people are getting to our tent around 1. It's going to be an all day affair.  So go back to your fringe uninteresting musical tastes and your chicken tender breading threads and leave us Garth Brooks lovers alone.
have fun Rick. I’m off to go on vacation.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2022, 01:34:23 PM »
I hope everyone going has a great time and I'm sure it will be a great show.

I am just disappointed that Garth didn't make it affordable for a family of 4 or more to go. 

Toby Keith's Tornado Relief concert all-day at OU which Garth was part of in 2013 was just $25 a ticket and raised $2 million

Keith was joined by an all-star lineup that included Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood, Ronnie Dunn, Willie Nelson, Sammy Hagar, Mel Tillis, John Anderson, Wade Hayes, Krystal Keith, Kellie Coffey and Carrie Underwood (appearing via satellite from Nashville).

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline billyhog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2022, 01:40:20 PM »
If you like Garth Brooks, you probably love Florida-Georgia Line. 

Hog Lover

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2022, 01:43:25 PM »
If you like Garth Brooks, you probably love Florida-Georgia Line. penus.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2022, 01:46:27 PM »
prob. Florida Georgia line was the biggest wtf concert I’ve ever been to. I went with friends for Nelly and then these guys roll out in overalls and pigtails. Then a bunch of moving  trees and shit pop up from the stage like I was at Disney in ice.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2022, 01:46:40 PM »
A bunch of us from #HogTwitter

Is this the new RHF?

I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2022, 01:49:51 PM »

Out of curiosity, who is an acceptable artist/band?

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2022, 01:52:03 PM »

Keith was joined by an all-star lineup that included Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood, Ronnie Dunn, Willie Nelson, Sammy Hagar, Mel Tillis, John Anderson, Wade Hayes, Krystal Keith, Kellie Coffey and Carrie Underwood ...  .

One of these is not like the others.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2022, 02:04:05 PM »
Toby Keith's Tornado Relief concert all-day at OU which Garth was part of in 2013 was just $25 a ticket and raised $2 million

Keith was joined by an all-star lineup that included Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood, Ronnie Dunn, Willie Nelson, Sammy Hagar, Mel Tillis, John Anderson, Wade Hayes, Krystal Keith, Kellie Coffey and Carrie Underwood (appearing via satellite from Nashville).

Went to that and it was fucking great.  I only knew one John Anderson song (at least that's what I thought....Swingin') but I liked him a lot.   

One of these is not like the others.

Sammy Hagar was fucking awesome!  That was a great all day show. 

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2022, 02:04:33 PM »

Is this the new RHF?

Yes.  I invented Twitter and invited all my friends to sign up for it.

Offline billyhog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2022, 02:06:38 PM »
Out of curiosity, who is an acceptable artist/band?

For me, Sturgill Simpson but to each his own.  I was just surprised to see the Garth love on Woopig, thought I was on nobville for a second.

Hog Lover