Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Garth  (Read 5736 times)

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
Re: Garth
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2022, 08:31:34 PM »
Ran into Rick and Dee in the line to get in. Ran into them again going to my seats. Fucker is sitting in my section. I like Rick and all but the stalking is getting ridiculous.
Did you see his tattoo of you yet?

Offline BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2022, 09:02:12 PM »
Did you see his tattoo of you yet?

No but the fucker followed me into the bathroom

fuck your feelings

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2022, 09:17:41 PM »
No but the fucker followed me into the bathroom
And then I met up with your girlfriend in the stairwell.

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
  • Bout to get juicy.
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2022, 09:50:41 PM »
Its all over tiktok.

@ztyler2725

« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 09:52:54 PM by TC »

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
  • Bout to get juicy.
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2022, 09:56:33 PM »
Theyre calling the Hogs

Offline One Quarter

• Tush Hog
  • OP: 3/17/63 - 10/18/19
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2022, 11:41:52 PM »
That was the worst-managed traffic and crowd situation I have ever encountered.

We decided to do the "right" thing and take the bus from Dickson at 5:30, a full 3 hours before the show was to start.  An hour later, we were still standing on the bus, about a mile south of Baum.  There was a 30-minute period where the bus advanced a total of 300 yards.  The crowd on the bus eventually convinced the driver to just let everyone walk.  2 fucking miles.  I could've walked the mile from Dickson in 20 minutes.

Then the gate situation.  We walked up to Gate 1 from Baum, but our gate was 17.  Every official-looking person had different information.  They wouldn't let anyone cross from west to east anywhere south of the stadium, so we had to walk all the way around the north side.  Then, the line for every gate was a couple thousand people deep, and they were only a handful of gates open.  I don't know how they could've done a worse job of gate management.

Before the concert, the beer lines were minimum 30 minutes.

I thought the sound was pretty bad except for Brooks' guitar, which they had dialed in perfectly.  The lead guitar, steel guitar, and fiddle parts were always very muddy.  I realize outdoor sound is incredibly hard.

But even as a mild fan, and with all the insane management incompetence, Garth put on a great show with tons of energy, and he played the hits.  I'd say it was just barely worth it given the incredible mismanagement.  I can't fathom how this group deals with football crowds.

If I ever see a concert in RRS again, it'll have to be the resurrected corpses of The Beatles opening for Pink Floyd.

You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
  • Bout to get juicy.
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2022, 12:13:58 AM »
Sounds like 'g' wasn't the only one out of breath.

Offline One Quarter

• Tush Hog
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2022, 12:20:35 AM »
Shit was pretty epic.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2022, 12:43:42 AM »
Shit was pretty epic.

It was truly epic. What a great fucking show.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 01:10:00 AM by One Quarter »

Offline Aaron

• Definitely Not an Administrator
  • Tush Hog
  • Lacy and Jenna Coburn's Daddy
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2022, 12:44:07 AM »
I agree, the traffic flow and Into the stadium sucked. I haven’t been to a football game since 2016, but this was really bad getting inside.

I thought the sound was fantastic. Much better than the amp. We were in the south outdoor club.

My biggest complaint is that I didn’t have a parking pass. I called the ticket office yesterday and explained I had a handicapped placard. They said I could park in lot 56 with that and no pass. All the handicapped spots were taken by the time we arrived and the lot attendant said we would be towed without a 56 pass. So, we parked in some yard way up Duncan. Looooong way to walk nursing a broken leg. I’m going to feel this tomorrow.

Also I hate concerts. Wife was happy. I’ll be good for another couple years before I have to do another one.

Sent from my iPhone | PM me for my OnlyFans!

I discovered Leo Propst.  � on: November 17, 2007, 10:20:38 PM �

Offline aparker2005

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2022, 01:07:50 AM »
Mike Palmer (drummer for Garth) is an amazing guy and performer. He hung out with my wife and I for a good 30 minutes before the show!

Sent from my SM-S908U | PM me for my OnlyFans!

Hog fan

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
  • Bout to get juicy.
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2022, 01:11:10 AM »
Did Sandy, I mean, Trisha come out for the lovers duet?

Offline aparker2005

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2022, 01:15:07 AM »
Yep lol

Sent from my SM-S908U | PM me for my OnlyFans!

Hog fan

Offline One Quarter

• Tush Hog
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2022, 01:22:02 AM »

What a weird crusade you're on.  It wasn't a Jeffrey Epstein concert.  It was a poorly-managed good event, and good for the UA on balance.

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
  • Bout to get juicy.
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2022, 01:31:26 AM »
What a weird crusade you're on.  It wasn't a Jeffrey Epstein concert.  It was a poorly-managed good event, and good for the UA on balance.

Apologies.  I'm watching from my couch, while you spent big bucks.  Good for you brother.

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2022, 04:08:45 AM »
My Facebook feed is covered with concert pics. Seems a lot of people from VB & FS & Fayetteville took this one in.

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2022, 09:09:48 AM »
Impressive show.  Say what you will about Garth but there's only a few musicians and one politician that could fill up RRS like that.  I have a friend that was Garth's roommate at one point in college; he told him at one point to put the guitar down and focus on schoolwork - I bet that guy was there last night.

Did Garth give any clues as to why he's hidden so many dead bodies?

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2022, 10:16:59 AM »
It was a good show and idon't like country music, but I know a few Garth songs.

Re traffic, parking, lines, all horrible, way worse than any football game I've ever been to. I don't know how they managed to fuck everything up as bad as they did.  Managed to get as close as garland and Cleveland about 6pm and the police wouldn't let me any closer to the stadium because I didn't have a parking pass. I was like, I have a handicap tag and an 80 year old disabled mom, can I please get her down to stadium drive near the gate?  Nope. Managed to get as close as maple and razorback and she had to walk the rest of the way. That shit pissed me off.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 10:18:02 AM by BASS »
fuck your feelings

Offline Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2022, 10:22:20 AM »
What was the total attendance?  You'd think they would have just gone with normal football game protocol and not had such a cluster.

Offline pinkphiloyd

• will eat your babies, bitch.
  • Boar
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2022, 10:47:32 AM »
Going for gravel-voiced guys? Throwing Garth in there even though he's not.

Mellencamp > Seger > Garth > Tom Waits > Redbone >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dylan

Bob Seger sucks ass.  More over rated than U2.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2022, 10:54:44 AM »
Bob Seger sucks ass.  More over rated than U2.
Fucking can't stand Bob Seger anymore. Liked him a little in the 80s. Blah now.

Offline Hogworth Ballington III

• Tush Hog
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2022, 11:10:55 AM »
Well at least this is practice for this fall. Shit's gonna get crazy when swamptiggers visit Your Undefeated Arkansas Razorbacks.

I just want to get paid for sucking ass

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2022, 11:53:44 AM »
What was the total attendance?  You'd think they would have just gone with normal football game protocol and not had such a cluster.

They probably added another 10-15k with the folks in the field. Plus all of the suites were full. Football games don't get a crowd like that one.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2022, 12:15:50 PM »
They probably added another 10-15k with the folks in the field. Plus all of the suites were full. Football games don't get a crowd like that one.
Could've been the difference in my sound vantage point but the Hog Call that all 75K+ of us did during the show was the loudest one I've ever heard and of course, I've been to hundreds of games in DWRRS. I was in the EUD, row 2. My Razorback games seats are SEZ row 2 so big difference in location.

Offline WORD

• Tush Hog
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2022, 12:17:33 PM »
Could've been the difference in my sound vantage point but the Hog Call that all 75K+ of us did during the show was the loudest one I've ever heard and of course, I've been to hundreds of games in DWRRS. I was in the EUD, row 2. My Razorback games seats are SEZ row 2 so big difference in location.

Lots of people around me had the same sentiment. Loudest hog call they'd ever heard.

God made yeast, as well as dough, and loves fermentation just as dearly as he loves vegetation. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson