Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Garth  (Read 5670 times)

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
Re: Garth
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2022, 12:21:00 PM »
Could've been the difference in my sound vantage point but the Hog Call that all 75K+ of us did during the show was the loudest one I've ever heard and of course, I've been to hundreds of games in DWRRS. I was in the EUD, row 2. My Razorback games seats are SEZ row 2 so big difference in location.

So you mean the attendance was only two of a kind?

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline goporkyourself

• Citizen
  • King of the Hogs
  • Careful man, there’s a beverage here.
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2022, 12:53:40 PM »
Logistics was a nightmare. If you got there early to pregame the lines for the portajohns were 30 minutes a pop.

Gate 1 was a shitshow getting in.

Pretty awesome show but I’m not in a hurry to go to another stadium concert. Just not my thing.

Offline BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2022, 01:23:07 PM »
Lots of people around me had the same sentiment. Loudest hog call they'd ever heard.

i was 10 rows behind rick.  agreed as well.

fuck your feelings

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2022, 03:07:53 PM »
glad all had a blast.

It amazes me how given the number of large events hosted on the UofA campus each year the traffic management has gotten worse each year over the last 5 years.

I guess that happens when you take an already horrible and overwhelmed infrastructure of roads plus let every tom dick and harry build massive apartment complexes around campus.

Who is ultimately in charge of the traffic at UofA events - are they letting landmark do that too?

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline Swahili Steve

• Food Fucking Reviewer
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Formerly known as Boar Bidet or Board Witch
    • Yamsylvania
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2022, 04:05:00 PM »
The real question is how were the bathroom lines? Last time I saw Garth via stadium it was so bad women were having to go to the mens restroom. It was horrible

Once in Yamsylvania, we had the potato famine. Which did not upset us because, hey, we eat only yams! Then we realized it is better to starve on potatoes than eat yams. We became so poor we had to raise monkeys for their fur. OK, we raised them for their pleasant smell and many tasty parasites. The kids today, tell them about parasite stew, and they look at you like you're some kind of nutty man, crazed from yam poisoning.

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2022, 04:20:15 PM »
Lots of people around me had the same sentiment. Loudest hog call they'd ever heard.
I missed the Hog Call because I was getting beer (still heard it clearly from the concessions area).

When he was having the East and West side ‘compete’ for who was louder, I told my wife that was the loudest I’d ever heard that stadium, which includes the 2010 Bama game.

I like that Garth pointed out how crazy it was that we hadn’t had a concert in that stadium. Will be interesting to see if this was a beta test and whether they do more of them. If so, that may put the UofA at odds a bit with Walmart/Waltons and the AMP. Not sure how many lineups at the AMP would draw a decently comparable crowd, but you have to think guys like Buffett, Tim McGraw, and maybe Chris Stapleton or Morgan Wallen could do good numbers.

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
Garth
« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2022, 04:21:19 PM »
The real question is how were the bathroom lines? Last time I saw Garth via stadium it was so bad women were having to go to the mens restroom. It was horrible
Before Garth went on the lines were pretty long. After he went on you could walk right in.

I usually went made a bathroom and beer run during ballads.

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2022, 04:27:17 PM »
Logistics was a nightmare. If you got there early to pregame the lines for the portajohns were 30 minutes a pop.

Gate 1 was a shitshow getting in.

Pretty awesome show but I’m not in a hurry to go to another stadium concert. Just not my thing.
We somehow ended up hitting it just right. We weren’t in a hurry so we ended up eating dinner from about 5:30 to about 7:30. We made it to our spot on Garland in decent time, didn’t have to wait long in line at Gate 1, and happened to walk in right as Mitch Rossell was ending his set.

Online chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • King of the Hogs
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2022, 07:13:17 AM »
Jimmy Buffet has performed in Razorback Stadium before for the Shareholder's shindig but I think only used half the stadium.

“I would rather be governed by the first two thousand people in the Boston telephone directory than by the two thousand people on the faculty of Harvard University.”
— William Buckley on “Meet the Press”, 17 October 1965.

Offline USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2022, 07:39:29 PM »

Offline One Quarter

• Tush Hog
  • OP: 3/17/63 - 10/18/19
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2022, 08:03:28 PM »

I don't believe it, and I don't understand the ~80,000.  There weren't only 3,192 more fans at Garth than v. Alabama in 2010.  I was there for Alabama 2010.

You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2022, 08:38:38 PM »

how can they not have an accurate attendance figure when you had to have a ticket to get in.

Was all e-tickets with scanners?

sounds like someone is trying to avoid some taxes.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline One Quarter

• Tush Hog
  • OP: 3/17/63 - 10/18/19
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2022, 09:14:29 PM »
sounds like someone is trying to avoid some taxes.

Or maybe the fire marshal.  The City was already concerned about crowd control.  If Alabama 2010 was 78K, Garth was 90K, no question.

You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2022, 09:35:38 PM »
I don't believe it, and I don't understand the ~80,000.  There weren't only 3,192 more fans at Garth than v. Alabama in 2010.  I was there for Alabama 2010.

They didn't have floor seats on the field for Bama.

"If life gives you lemons, fuck life."  - Sir John Michael of Oklahoma

Online bogey7

• Tush Hog
  • Pick-up Stix Champion
« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2022, 10:26:50 PM »
They didn't have floor seats on the field for Bama.

There may have been at least 1 late in the 4th quarter.  If we had a scantron we might be able determine a definitive answer.

Never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2022, 11:38:52 PM »
Hey, does anyone have a Scantron?

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2022, 06:04:57 AM »
Maybe it’s just me, but I find it depressing as hell that our top 4 football attendance games all came over a decade ago, and 3 of them were over 15 years ago.

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2022, 07:23:34 AM »
Maybe it’s just me, but I find it depressing as hell that our top 4 football attendance games all came over a decade ago, and 3 of them were over 15 years ago.

That's about to change I think.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2022, 07:38:14 AM »
That's about to change I think.
I bet Bama this year sets the football attendance record.

Online Hogworth Ballington III

• Tush Hog
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2022, 07:44:42 AM »

Even more upsetting is 3 out of the 4 are losses.

I just want to get paid for sucking ass

Offline Cerdo

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2022, 03:40:06 PM »
I was present at every one of those games (not Garth).  Those old timey "pre-digital scan" numbers will never be matched as they were fluffed and made up.  There were more people at last year's Texas game than at any of those. 

Hello Darkness My Old Friend

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • Boar
  • I sang "Hey Jude", as he died.....
« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2022, 03:56:05 PM »
If the stadium seats 76k, and there were around 10k people on the field (at least) that crowd was closer to 90k. 

I went.  The only area that usually has fans that did not have fans was the loge-boxes in the NEZ. 

I am not a Garth fan, but that was a  big outdoor party, and quite the spectacle.  I feel like it might have been the biggest event in the history of Fayetteville, Arkansas.

LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline WORD

• Tush Hog
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2022, 10:18:59 PM »
I dont believe that was only 10k at field level.

God made yeast, as well as dough, and loves fermentation just as dearly as he loves vegetation. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline hogslobber

• Tush Hog
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2022, 06:11:22 AM »
I saw a police officer this week that worked the concert.

He told me that they were told the crowd was 88,000.

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2022, 06:21:29 AM »
I kept (and keep) hearing people this week talking about there being “76,000 at the Garth concert” because they’re lazily citing the capacity for a football game.

I’m like the fucking stadium holds 76k just in seating around the field, and the entire field was packed. Even the corners of the nosebleeds were full, which never happens.

The only places I saw empty were the outer 2/3rds of the South Indoor Club, which is understandable because who goes to a concert to sit in a separate room?