Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Hogs vs. eATMe——Baseball  (Read 5571 times)

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
Re: Hogs vs. eATMe——Baseball
« Reply #275 on: April 24, 2022, 05:01:44 PM »
Twice in this series DVH declined to try to bunt in the tying run with runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs.

The last one is what killed us. That and the ump’s refrigerator sized strike zone for Palisch.

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #276 on: April 24, 2022, 05:01:50 PM »
Needed that first game.

Both losses came down to situations where we had 2nd and 3rd with nobody out and couldn't put the bat on the ball. 

?s=20

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #277 on: April 24, 2022, 05:03:41 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes on my MIL. She refused to go to the ER, but we had an EMT come by and check her out. It seems that it may have been anxiety after she panicked when the words wouldn’t come to her at the drive through. Also, she had a limb fall in their back yard and instead of calling me, she went and sawed it in half herself. But, she seems OK now. I don’t know what me and the wife are going to do with her parents. My MIL hates to ask for help and has told us she plans to remain independent as long as possible. Well, that may be coming to an end shortly. Thanks again for the well wishes.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #278 on: April 24, 2022, 05:05:39 PM »
Both losses came down to situations where we had 2nd and 3rd with nobody out and couldn't put the bat on the ball.
Yep. I was trying to remember if it was yesterday we had that same situation. No excuse for runners at second and third, no outs, and not bring at least one in.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #279 on: April 24, 2022, 05:14:41 PM »
Twice in this series DVH declined to try to bunt in the tying run with runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs.

The last one is what killed us. That and the ump’s refrigerator sized strike zone for Palisch.

yup, put the pressure on the defense to make the play.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #280 on: April 24, 2022, 05:54:53 PM »
Last year it seemed like our intent was to run the starting pitcher by getting his pitch count up. This year, we swing at a lot of first pitches. Their freshman pitcher had 29 pitches through 3 innings. Almost the minimum. If it is a LHP, we really need to run him. Every team knows we can’t hit a LHP. Like Dirk said…get some damn right handed hitters that can hit. I am still waiting for us to hit on all cylinders, both hitting and fielding. Hopefully it will be just before the regionals and then carry us through them to the CWS.

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #281 on: April 24, 2022, 06:18:42 PM »
With a little reflection, thanks to the late rally this result isn't nearly as disastrous as it felt while watching the games.

Run differential was dead ass even, 14 each.  Both losing teams had chances to tie or win late.  A&M is a tough place to play, with the cult indoctrination going on in the stands and the spectre of incest and beastiality hanging over the entire metropolitan area. 

The bottom line is we played just about as poorly as we can expect to play, and still were a couple of timely hits away from a sweep.  Pretty much everything that could go wrong for us did, from bad calls on the field, to blown reviews (fuck the SEC), to tricky bounces...none of the breaks went in our favor. 

We have a lot of work to do if we want to get to Omaha or, per the Lord's will, actually bring home a title.  But it's not out of the realm of possibility.  We still have room to get better.

?s=20

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
<--- I'm with him

Online hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #283 on: April 24, 2022, 06:44:38 PM »
That is just robbery.

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
Hogs vs. eATMe——Baseball
« Reply #284 on: April 24, 2022, 07:00:18 PM »
*:

https://twitter.com/matt_goodheart/status/1518361901633351684?t=y0GtICrXiIjTTZqg0aLkjg&s=19
I’ve given Slavens a lot of shit this season for coming up small in big situations, but he got absolutely fucked on that 8th inning strikeout by horrible calls on strikes 1 and 3.

He was so pissed after strike 1 that DVH had to come out and calm him down. He looked like he was going to fight someone in the parking lot after the called strike 3. I’ve never seen a batter that pissed at the collegiate level.

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
Hogs vs. eATMe——Baseball
« Reply #285 on: April 24, 2022, 07:08:17 PM »
Last year it seemed like our intent was to run the starting pitcher by getting his pitch count up. This year, we swing at a lot of first pitches. Their freshman pitcher had 29 pitches through 3 innings. Almost the minimum. If it is a LHP, we really need to run him. Every team knows we can’t hit a LHP. Like Dirk said…get some damn right handed hitters that can hit. I am still waiting for us to hit on all cylinders, both hitting and fielding. Hopefully it will be just before the regionals and then carry us through them to the CWS.
I blame Thompson for our horrendous plate approach this year.

We have two tendencies that annoy the everliving shit out of me: 1) we all too often swing at the first pitch regardless of pitch location and 2) we watch more pitches right down the middle than any team I’ve ever seen. We’re making opposing pitchers more efficient than they should be.

It’s burning our pitchers, too. On Friday, Noland had a brutal 4th inning that went on for what seemed like an eternity. He finally gets out of it with only 2 runs of damage, and our batters go 3-up/3-down on 4 pitches. Luckily Connor came back out and had a strong 5th, but that’s the type of shit that burns pitchers.

Online USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #286 on: April 24, 2022, 07:36:26 PM »
Subject change. Is Tole injured? He hasn't pitched in 3 weeks.

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #287 on: April 24, 2022, 07:46:37 PM »

Pretty sure he pitched the last midweek series. Hasn't pitched in SEC play though. He was really good late last year.

<--- I'm with him

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #288 on: April 24, 2022, 07:58:08 PM »

he pitched 2 innings today between test and tygart
9 batters - 4 hits, 2 Ks 1 run (earned)

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #289 on: April 24, 2022, 08:23:49 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes on my MIL. She refused to go to the ER, but we had an EMT come by and check her out. It seems that it may have been anxiety after she panicked when the words wouldn’t come to her at the drive through. Also, she had a limb fall in their back yard and instead of calling me, she went and sawed it in half herself. But, she seems OK now. I don’t know what me and the wife are going to do with her parents. My MIL hates to ask for help and has told us she plans to remain independent as long as possible. Well, that may be coming to an end shortly. Thanks again for the well wishes.

there with you with both parents.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #290 on: April 24, 2022, 09:28:33 PM »
Good to hear!

Online USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #291 on: April 25, 2022, 10:31:41 AM »
he pitched 2 innings today between test and tygart
9 batters - 4 hits, 2 Ks 1 run (earned)

Thanks. As is well known here,  I'm an idiot.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #292 on: April 25, 2022, 10:39:07 AM »
Thanks. As is well known here,  I'm an idiot.

YES.

Online hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #293 on: April 25, 2022, 04:36:50 PM »
Member when that team lost a ton of road series and then ended up a pop fly from being national champs?  Simmer down folks.

Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #294 on: April 25, 2022, 05:51:02 PM »
Member when that team lost a ton of road series and then ended up a pop fly from being national champs?  Simmer down folks.

Simmer down?  That fly ball still pisses me off.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Online hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #295 on: April 26, 2022, 12:25:14 PM »
Sure, but that team was more flawed than this one and it was a stupid mistake from winning it all.  It really comes down to who is playing good ball at the end of the year. Last year, we were the best team in the nation. No doubt.  We weren’t playing the best ball at the end of the year though.  Let’s see how this year goes before we freak out.

Offline woodhog14

• A Shoat
« Reply #296 on: April 26, 2022, 01:28:51 PM »

A squeeze play isn't all that normal. Why would you do that with no one out and two men in scoring position? This is not on DVH for not calling a squeeze, this is on our hitters for not at least just hitting the ball in the air to get a sac fly.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 01:32:33 PM by woodhog14 »

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #297 on: April 26, 2022, 02:59:08 PM »
Sure, but that team was more flawed than this one and it was a stupid mistake from winning it all.  It really comes down to who is playing good ball at the end of the year. Last year, we were the best team in the nation. No doubt.  We weren’t playing the best ball at the end of the year though.  Let’s see how this year goes before we freak out.
We were most certainly playing good ball at the end of the year. We won 2 out of 3 versus Tennessee in Knoxville.  Then swept Florida in the final regular-season series. We won the SEC tournament, undefeated. We went 3-1 in the regional losing one game to Nebraska. And then, we beat the living shit out of NC State in game one of the Super Regional. That gave us an inflated ego.

We know the rest of the story.