Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Hogs vs UCA Bears—-Baseball  (Read 2342 times)

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Hogs vs UCA Bears—-Baseball
« on: April 25, 2022, 09:17:45 AM »
Your Arkansas Razorbacks take on the UCA Bears at Dickey-Stephens Park in NLR this Tuesday at 6:00PM. No TV or anything else for that matter. So we will not find out if Leach hits for the cycle until someone finds a stream of the game or something. Seriously though, I hope ours bats come out of their slump and we find some good in playing this game. As usual, GO HOGS!

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Hogs vs UCA Bears—-Baseball
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 09:22:10 AM »
Your Arkansas Razorbacks take on the UCA Bears at Dickey-Stephens Park in NLR this Tuesday at 6:00PM. No TV or anything else for that matter. So we will not find out if Leach hits for the cycle until someone finds a stream of the game or something. Seriously though, I hope ours bats come out of their slump and we find some good in playing this game. As usual, GO HOGS!

1.  I'm sure you can stream the audio on The Varsity app on your phone if you want to listen to Phil.
2.  I'll be there and can narrate asbestos I can.  I'm no SoS OR DP but I can give y'all Dylan Blind Sow Leach Cycle score updates.

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 09:31:00 AM »
I wonder what DVH will do the next time we have runners on 2nd and 3rd, no outs, down 1.

Remember the old definition of insanity....

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 10:26:04 AM »
I wonder what DVH will do the next time we have runners on 2nd and 3rd, no outs, down 1.

I hope he gives the batter the bunt sign.  FUCK.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 10:28:56 AM »
I don't want to prematurely start the Ole Miss thread for this weekend BUT today is 4th and 25 day...

And for your viewing pleasure:

https://youtu.be/bbyEGY72V6I

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 12:59:26 PM »
1.  I'm sure you can stream the audio on The Varsity app on your phone if you want to listen to Phil.
2.  I'll be there and can narrate asbestos I can.  I'm no SoS OR DP but I can give y'all Dylan Blind Sow Leach Cycle score updates.

what is the varsity app?
do you not use the Razorback app? it's on there too.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2022, 02:29:59 PM »
what is the varsity app?
do you not use the Razorback app? it's on there too.

I do use the Razorback app BUT it wants me to open bullshit TuneIn app which unless I'm doing it wrong, wants me to get a subscription.  I use the Razorback app to look up schedules and manage my tickets.  For live stats, I simply go to Stats Broadcast (http://www.statbroadcast.com/) which is where the Razorback app links to.  So I skip a step and go straight there for stats.  Phil told me about the Varsity app about a year ago.  He's talked about it on the air and has tweeted about it.  Works just like TuneIn and doesn't require any type of subscription.  Look for it in your app store.  Works great if you don't have a radio near.

Offline hawgfanatic

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2022, 04:13:34 PM »
I do use the Razorback app BUT it wants me to open bullshit TuneIn app which unless I'm doing it wrong, wants me to get a subscription.  I use the Razorback app to look up schedules and manage my tickets.  For live stats, I simply go to Stats Broadcast (http://www.statbroadcast.com/) which is where the Razorback app links to.  So I skip a step and go straight there for stats.  Phil told me about the Varsity app about a year ago.  He's talked about it on the air and has tweeted about it.  Works just like TuneIn and doesn't require any type of subscription.  Look for it in your app store.  Works great if you don't have a radio near.

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about or not, but I've found there are 2 ways to get the streaming audio through the app. If you go to the sport, go to the schedule, and go to "Listen Live," it wants me to listen through the TuneIn app. If, on the other hand, I open the app and select "Live" down at the bottom of the main home screen, I can listen straight through the app. I do NOT have an iPhone so I'm sure if that might matter or not.

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2022, 04:21:49 PM »

There is a tiny X where you can close out the subscription prompt on TuneIn.  I ran into the same thing at first.   

Once you close it out it will take you directly to our game.  No subscription required.

?s=20

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2022, 05:34:41 PM »
There is a tiny X where you can close out the subscription prompt on TuneIn.  I ran into the same thing at first.   

Once you close it out it will take you directly to our game.  No subscription required.

I guess this is what I did as when I hit live and select the baseball stream it pops right up.

other than that and the tickets, it's not a very well done app - same people who did the ESPN app (which is also awful)?

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2022, 11:54:57 AM »
Okay people. One quarter fixed the database. I don't know why you people think I know everything about everything! I mean, I am a Super Genius but still.

Offline HOGGLY WOGGLY

• King of the Hogs
  • LET'S GO BRANDON!
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2022, 12:12:00 PM »
Who broke Woopig, this time?

That used to be the thing to do at Monkey Island at the Memphis Zoo, watch the monkeys beat off.

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2022, 12:13:04 PM »
Okay people. One quarter fixed the database. I don't know why you people think I know everything about everything! I mean, I am a Super Genius but still.
Us people probably figured that you broke it. So we had to check so as not to falsely accuse you.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline One Quarter

• Tush Hog
  • OP: 3/17/63 - 10/18/19
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2022, 12:19:22 PM »
For some reason, the last software update didn't also upgrade the database tables.  No big deal.

You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2022, 12:20:34 PM »
For all future board downtimes, please contact Rick B. at 1-888-ASSHOLE. 

thank you for your support.

Offline HOGGLY WOGGLY

• King of the Hogs
  • LET'S GO BRANDON!
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2022, 12:22:00 PM »
Those gotdamned adobes got us again.  :dude1:

That used to be the thing to do at Monkey Island at the Memphis Zoo, watch the monkeys beat off.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2022, 12:25:29 PM »
I guess this is what I did as when I hit live and select the baseball stream it pops right up.

other than that and the tickets, it's not a very well done app - same people who did the ESPN app (which is also awful)?

Yeah, I guess I've been going to the EVENT where it shows time, network, listen live, stats, etc. and clicking on listen live there.  Never saw the tiny X to close down TuneIn.  The Varsity app works great and you can pause it if you want to try to sync it up with your TV.  It's nice.

THAT SAID, if y'all need modified PBP, I'll update at the end of every half inning...highlights only.  Otherwise, I'll go enjoy the game.  it'll be really nice not having to get to the Hogpen line 12 hours early in order to get a good seat out there.

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2022, 12:27:37 PM »
Yeah, I guess I've been going to the EVENT where it shows time, network, listen live, stats, etc. and clicking on listen live there.  Never saw the tiny X to close down TuneIn.  The Varsity app works great and you can pause it if you want to try to sync it up with your TV.  It's nice.

THAT SAID, if y'all need modified PBP, I'll update at the end of every half inning...highlights only.  Otherwise, I'll go enjoy the game.  it'll be really nice not having to get to the Hogpen line 12 hours early in order to get a good seat out there.
Go ahead and do updates if you can. I will be too busy getting ready to head to Nashville tomorrow. And Dirk will probably be busy also. I would appreciate it.

Offline BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2022, 01:10:19 PM »
GoDaddy server got the brain eatin amoebas

fuck your feelings

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2022, 01:30:57 PM »
Go ahead and do updates if you can. I will be too busy getting ready to head to Nashville tomorrow. And Dirk will probably be busy also. I would appreciate it.

I'm going to the game with glfchick.  :D   Remember her?

And my Mom and Dad.  They really love you for some stupid ass reason.  ;D

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2022, 01:40:14 PM »
I'm going to the game with glfchick.  :D   Remember her?

And my Mom and Dad.  They really love you for some stupid ass reason.  ;D
I do remember her. And tell your mom and dad that me and Les said hello. We love them, too. You need to be spending time with them.  ;)

Offline woodhog14

• A Shoat
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2022, 01:40:45 PM »

Hopefully lets the batter swing away and not a squeeze play.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2022, 03:08:26 PM »
I do remember her. And tell your mom and dad that me and Les said hello. We love them, too. You need to be spending time with them.  ;)
I try my best. I talk to them every other day or so

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2022, 06:47:39 PM »
Updates?

Offline CrocodileHunter

• Chairman Emeritus of the 102 Crew
  • Tush Hog
  • ^^^ El Capitan
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2022, 06:56:02 PM »