Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Hogs vs UCA Bears—-Baseball  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
Re: Hogs vs UCA Bears—-Baseball
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2022, 06:09:46 AM »
Well, while you had it, did you fix it? Because I don't know what the hell I did, but I tweaked the hell out of it a week and a half ago.

Shirt twirling again?

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2022, 06:21:23 AM »
Yes. Sorry for the bad battery management. Had it charging all the f****** way from Fort Smith to North Little Rock and it went from 12% to 50. Then, at the game, I had to keep up with all my Twitter peeps. It was rough.

You either need a new phone or a new charger.   That’s REdonkulusp. 

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2022, 07:37:04 AM »
You either need a new phone or a new charger.   That’s REdonkulusp.
Yeah. I had my GPS on while the phone was charging in my truck. So it was draining battery at the same time it was charging. Then, when I got to that shitty janky ballpark, I was on my phone constantly for the first hour and a half.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2022, 08:24:28 AM »
Yeah. I had my GPS on while the phone was charging in my truck. So it was draining battery at the same time it was charging. Then, when I got to that shitty janky ballpark, I was on my phone constantly for the first hour and a half.

And that's the ballpark's fault how exactly?  ::)

Online USAFHawg

• Tush Hog
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2022, 08:28:16 AM »

Get a real truck with built in GPS.

Offline hit_that_line

• Woopig Joe Biden
  • King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2022, 08:30:50 AM »
Fuck this janky ass piece of shit ballpark. Like 5 fucking concessions stands. All have had a mile long line since 30 minutes before first pitch. There are like 4 bathrooms.

I jumped in the pee line as Dylan Blind Sow Leach came up to bat. Thought I could pee and get back quickly. F that. I exit the bathroom as the inning is ending.

Hogs lead 1-0 after 5. Leach with the RBI single. I think.
First time in my life I’ve ever seen a line to the men’s pisser like that. Beer lines were okay.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2022, 08:43:19 AM »
GDMFS.

What modern public place where thousands of people gather doesn't have free wifi these days??

FUCK THIS JANKY ASS STADIUM.

It has so much potential. Wasted.

From what I'm hearing, the Travelers will probably be gone after this year because NLR/Central Arkansas refuses to do any upgrades on the stadium. Wanting MLB (Mariners specifically) to foot the bill for ALL of it. Great forward thinking guys. That's why the Cardinals are in Springfield now.  ::)

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2022, 08:54:42 AM »
Get a real truck with built in GPS.
I love my old timey 2013 Chevy Silverado. You just back off, McGavin.

Offline Sweet River Baines

• Tush Hog
  • Our man in Inglewood.
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2022, 09:30:54 AM »
From what I'm hearing, the Travelers will probably be gone after this year because NLR/Central Arkansas refuses to do any upgrades on the stadium. Wanting MLB (Mariners specifically) to foot the bill for ALL of it. Great forward thinking guys. That's why the Cardinals are in Springfield now.  ::)

They have at least 3 more years at Dickey-Stephens before they can relocate if they choose to do so. From what I've read the stadium improvements are up to the team not the city per the contract.

While the Travelers maintain that the city is required to pay for upgrades because it owns the stadium, North Little Rock officials point to language in the lease saying, "The Team shall be solely responsible for, and shall make and perform, all Maintenance and Repairs."

"While the Travelers may say we're the landlord and we're responsible [for making] those repairs and improvements, under the terms of the lease -- that's actually their responsibility," said North Little Rock City Attorney Amy Fields.

I'm no lawyer so I have no idea who's right.

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2022, 09:33:03 AM »
That's an absolutely gorgeous well-designed and built stadium and while not brand new, it's close. 

The Cards were a different deal, Ray Winder was historic, but a historic dump.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2022, 11:39:40 AM »

You needed GPS to know how to get from Fort Smith to North Little Rock?

Offline rzrbkfan69

• Tush Hog
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2022, 12:48:17 PM »

He's new to the state.

You hear that? My friends are laughing at me!!! They are laughing at me! - Clark

Offline BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2022, 01:54:59 PM »
As Kamala Harris would explain it
"Well you see there is this road, and you go on it with your car"

fuck your feelings

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2022, 03:19:04 PM »

I was waiting for that question.

I drive damn near everywhere with my GPS.  I drive to Rogers 3 days a week to work and I use Google Maps constantly.  It has traffic snarls, speed traps, vehicles on the road.  ETC.  And gives me a quite precise ETA.  Heck, I even use it to go from Rogers to Baum-Walker Stadium.  I use it to go from Sonny's apartment to Alumni Hall on College.  I use it to go to Local Lime in Rogers from DWRRS.  That's just the way I roll.

Online bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2022, 03:22:18 PM »

I drive damn near everywhere with my GPS.  I drive to Rogers 3 days a week to work and I use Google Maps constantly.  It has traffic snarls, speed traps, vehicles on the road.  ETC.  And gives me a quite precise ETA.  Heck, I even use it to go from Rogers to Baum-Walker Stadium.  I use it to go from Sonny's apartment to Alumni Hall on College.  I use it to go to Local Lime in Rogers from DWRRS.  That's just the way I roll.

Riding in seat #1 on the Muss Bus.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2022, 03:33:31 PM »

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2022, 03:57:34 PM »

I'll put my nav skills up against anyone here.  It's one of the few things in life I do well. 

That being said, I use Waze similar to the way you do it.  Get caught up in one too many back ups, like the one that took me 5.5 hours to get from Hot Springs to my house in Little Rock a few weeks ago, and you'll do it as well, unless you're one of those weirdos who isn't bothered by sitting at a standstill in traffic due to the incompetence of ARDOT, some idiot driver, or all of the above. 

?s=20

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2022, 04:02:13 PM »
They have at least 3 more years at Dickey-Stephens before they can relocate if they choose to do so. From what I've read the stadium improvements are up to the team not the city per the contract.

While the Travelers maintain that the city is required to pay for upgrades because it owns the stadium, North Little Rock officials point to language in the lease saying, "The Team shall be solely responsible for, and shall make and perform, all Maintenance and Repairs."

"While the Travelers may say we're the landlord and we're responsible [for making] those repairs and improvements, under the terms of the lease -- that's actually their responsibility," said North Little Rock City Attorney Amy Fields.

I'm no lawyer so I have no idea who's right.

It probably doesn't matter who is right.  There are a lot of cities out there that lost minor league baseball during the latest reshuffling.  I'm sure one of them would be happy to do stadium repairs or even build a brand new one to attract a team. 

The morons running the Travs are precisely the type of people who would let a relatively trivial amount of money which doesn't even come out of their pockets cost them a team.   Your average crackhead has more foresight than their leadership.

The only good things I see out of that are 1) to draw a new team someone will have to actually come up with the money for the upgrades, and 2) since the Braves have apparently started selling off their minor league franchises maybe NLR can pull their AA team out of Pearl, MS. 

?s=20

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2022, 04:14:57 PM »
I'll put my nav skills up against anyone here.  It's one of the few things in life I do well. 

That being said, I use Waze similar to the way you do it.  Get caught up in one too many back ups, like the one that took me 5.5 hours to get from Hot Springs to my house in Little Rock a few weeks ago, and you'll do it as well, unless you're one of those weirdos who isn't bothered by sitting at a standstill in traffic due to the incompetence of ARDOT, some idiot driver, or all of the above.
Waze is the best thing since bread and butter. It has saved our ass many hours of waiting in traffic many times.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2022, 05:01:09 PM »

Hard to imagine truly problematic gridlock between Blackwell and Plumerville on an average weeknight, but ok. 

You just don’t want to admit you got taken on your purchase of the Helio Ocean 19.0. 

Offline Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2022, 05:38:01 PM »

That's the worst thing in the world when you have to shit.  Cheeks clenched and cussing ARDOT's incompetence and hoping you can make it to a bathroom in time.  I feel bad for whoever stopped to pick up a free Yeti cooler on the side of the road that one time.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2022, 05:49:26 PM »
Hard to imagine truly problematic gridlock between Blackwell and Plumerville on an average weeknight, but ok. 

You just don’t want to admit you got taken on your purchase of the Helio Ocean 19.0.
Dear Lord, I can't tell you the number of times I've hastily exited in Johnson or near there because the app was showing gridlock near NWA mall exit or whatever. Wreck at Wagon Wheel or Don Tyson Parkway.

But yeah, from FSM to NLR, it was smooth sailing. Absolutely didn't need the GPS but used it anyway.

Dad: "What time are you going to arrive here?"

Me: "3:57, plus or minus 3 minutes."

Arrived at 3:56.

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2022, 06:12:17 PM »
Dear Lord, I can't tell you the number of times I've hastily exited in Johnson or near there because the app was showing gridlock near NWA mall exit or whatever. Wreck at Wagon Wheel or Don Tyson Parkway.

But yeah, from FSM to NLR, it was smooth sailing. Absolutely didn't need the GPS but used it anyway.

Dad: "What time are you going to arrive here?"

Me: "3:57, plus or minus 3 minutes."

Arrived at 3:56.

Meh.

Was meeting the wife after work at a new restaurant.

What time? "Meet me at 6:30."

That was in the middle of the day, without knowing what time I was leaving work, or the conditions of St. Louis rush hour traffic in that direction.

I pulled into the parking space at exactly....6:30.  This isn't a freak occurrence, it's how I roll.

When it comes to time/distance, I'm a savant. I'm fucking Rainman.

Offline BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2022, 06:43:30 PM »
Meh.

That was in the middle of the day, without knowing what time I was leaving work, or the conditions of St. Louis rush hour traffic in that direction.

I pulled into the parking space at exactly....6:30.  This isn't a freak occurrence, it's how I roll.

Me as well. And I'll put my directions prowess up against dirk.

fuck your feelings

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2022, 07:02:30 PM »
Meh.

Not me. I do not move through the world that way. It can take me anywhere from 10 minutes to 45 minutes to get from Barling to downtown Fort Smith. Always fucking obstacles popping up everywhere. Trying to keep me down. Yesterday, I planned to head to North Little Rock at 1. I had to run to Walmart in the morning. The termite guy was scheduled to come by at 12. I had to get a haircut. And I've got a little work to do before all that after a zoom meeting at 8. Zoom meeting is over EVERY MORNING at 830. Yesterday? 845. Then computer problems. Finally got to Sports Clips at 930. Then, of course, the girl takes her sweet time. Out of there at 1030. Get to Walmart. Get 90% of the stuff I need... Wander around for 5 6 minutes trying to find pool salt. Finally find it. Go to check out. Wife texts me with 3 more things to get at the opposite side of the store. Ugh. I barely make it home by 12. Termite guy is running late. Finally get in the shower at 1. Leave at 1:45. EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Even if I get up an hour early, shit always happens. My buddy ZeusHog, he's the opposite. Gets EVERY green light. He and I could head up separately to go to Fayetteville, leaving simultaneously, and drive 80 on 49 and he'd get there 15 minutes before me. He has no stupid fuckers going 70 in the left lane while an 18 wheeler is going 50 in the other lane. I do. It's truly amazing.