Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Hogs vs Missouri State——Baseball  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
Re: Hogs vs Missouri State——Baseball
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2022, 10:38:48 AM »
We’ve also scored 4 or fewer runs in 6 of our last 8 games.

The lone exceptions were game 2 against Ole Miss where we only had 3 runs on the board before Diggs’ walkoff homer, and the A&M rubber match which was over in the 1st inning and we played catchup the rest of the game.

Outside of that aforementioned game 3 against A&M, we haven’t scored more than 6 runs in an SEC game since the Florida series, which was a month ago.

Forget quiet. Our offense is in fucking coma.

Online Hogworth Ballington III

• Tush Hog
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2022, 11:03:10 AM »
The thing that bothers me is that there isn't really any sign of us improving in that area.

I just want to get paid for sucking ass

Offline Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2022, 12:03:39 PM »
The thing that bothers me is that there isn't really any sign of us improving in that area.

Slumps by definition look like negative trends, not positive trends. That's why the curve slumps.

Offline woodhog14

• A Shoat
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2022, 12:08:31 PM »
During spring training, you always hear about how well we are hitting. Then you realize it is against our own pitchers. Then the season starts and other teams hit our pitchers, too, but we can’t hit other pitchers. Next spring, I would like to hear that we can’t hit our pitchers.
Dude, pitching is not even close to a problem for us. It has been pretty solid all year.

We just held one of the best hitting teams in the country to 4 runs, 3 runs and 3 runs this past weekend.

Like someone else mentioned earlier.

Our ERA is #6 in the nation.
Our hits allowed per 9 innings is #4 in the nation.

Hitting is the problem, not pitching.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 12:20:48 PM by woodhog14 »

Offline woodhog14

• A Shoat
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2022, 12:18:46 PM »
You have to admit though that our defense has kept a lot of runs from scoring in games where our pitchers have been hit.
Well defense is part of the game. When a batter hits the ball in baseball, it puts the defense in play. You can't put that on our pitchers that we have good a good defense.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Call me for excitement
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2022, 12:58:49 PM »
Anyone thinking we will make it to the CWS right now is crazy. While our pitching is decent and our defense is pretty good, our hitting is non existent. It is either HR or nothing. And it is usually nothing. We need to quit swinging for the fence every time at bat and try to make contact.

I agree but this team isn't going to change it's approach at the plate at this point. They are who they are whether we like it or not.
They don't have "it".
the rallies look are dramatic (aTm, Florida, last night) but in the end they fall short.
I hope I'm wrong but I'm not sure this team makes it to supers.

where's the depth in the lineup? leach is the only different guy we see in the mid week order. why is that? I thought the mid week was to develop the other guys in the field like we see with the pitchers?

it's a shame as this team is as solid up the middle defensively as any of the last 10 years.

is our ranking a a reflection of the program or this year's team? not sure we're a top 10 team.

Arkansas: The Buyout State

Offline Cobbler

• Tush Hog
  • Love that helmet!!
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2022, 01:13:07 PM »
Well defense is part of the game. When a batter hits the ball in baseball, it puts the defense in play. You can't put that on our pitchers that we have good a good defense.

Also, good pitching includes inducing ground balls that allows the defense to turn double plays. It doesn’t hurt that we have the best middle infield double play combo in the country, but it wouldn’t matter if the pitchers weren’t inducing the grounders to turn them.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2022, 01:31:09 PM »
Maybe I'm stupid and have my Cardinal colored glasses on but I believe that our team is the one who did this:

Kentucky W 6-2
Kentucky W 9-3
Kentucky W 3-1

at Missouri W 7-5
at Missouri L 7-5
at Missouri W 6-4

Mississippi State W 8-1
Mississippi State W 12-5
Mississippi State L 5-3 (12)

7-2 cumulative record.  59 to 33, averaged 9.8 runs per game.

As opposed to the Florida series and ATM series losses.   Maybe it's in between.

In my rabidhogfan mind, it's simUlar to the basketball team, we weren't the team that lost to Jokelahoma and Hofstra, but we were the team that beat Auburn and Kentucky.  And I was thankfully proven right in the end.  Much to bleedinred's chagrin.

Online DRYANKNPULL

• Pig's Knuckle, Arkansas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2022, 01:38:32 PM »
Check that 9.8.

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2022, 02:04:51 PM »
Much to bleedinred's chagrin.

Hey...

Riding in seat #1 on the Muss Bus.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2022, 02:15:58 PM »
Check that 9.8.

Yep.  fucked the chicken on that.  I blame my TI-30XA.   Averaged 6.6 runs per game.

Offline Feral

• Tush Hog
  • Ketchup is my steak sauce
Hogs vs Missouri State——Baseball
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2022, 03:49:28 PM »
is our ranking a a reflection of the program or this year's team? not sure we're a top 10 team.

It’s a reflection of the program, a reaction to last year’s team, and bolstered by the fact that we haven’t shit the bed too badly this season. I was actually surprised we went up in rankings after the Ole Miss series given how difficult that series was for us and how close it was. We won it, but conversely Ole Miss was 2 hits away from sweeping it.

We shouldn’t be a top 10 team. I could even argue we’re not a top 15 team. But we’re not a bad or even mediocre team.